What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Anniversary! May you have 28+ more years together :)

Have fun at the comedy club- will be curious to see how you did hearing wise.

With my plug in mic I pretty much was able to hear everything. Have a super bad headache now but so worth it.

The comedian was really funny. His name is Maz Jobrani. He has been in a few movies, has been on comedy central and wrote a book called**** I'm not a terrorist but I played one on tv.

We had a great time.

It's our 28th anniversary. Going to dinner and a comedy club. No clue if I will be able to hear at the comedy club, but I've been wanting to try. It's really loud there.

It's also the 26th anniversary of the Loma Prieta 6.9 earthquake. What a horrible day that was. We moved from the Bay Area shortly after that.

Happy Anniversary!!!

I am thinking why is my boss making us teach writing to our students. They are in high school but function at 3 years old or younger. Very low functioning kids and now we have to teach them to write. It is worse for my deaf kids because they dont have a L1. Thats where politics really screws with the teaching field.

I am thinking why is my boss making us teach writing to our students. They are in high school but function at 3 years old or younger. Very low functioning kids and now we have to teach them to write. It is worse for my deaf kids because they dont have a L1. Thats where politics really screws with the teaching field.

That sounds difficult.

How many are in your class? Do you have the same students all day?

Job hunting again. Ugh. Though my boss is going to ask her boss tomorrow about extending my contract, it could take 3-4 weeks to get financial approval. My current contract ends in 4 weeks, so we both agree that I should start looking in case it doesn't get approved.

That sounds difficult.

Yes, that does, like it would require a lot of one-on-one work.

Job hunting again. Ugh. Though my boss is going to ask her boss tomorrow about extending my contract, it could take 3-4 weeks to get financial approval. My current contract ends in 4 weeks, so we both agree that I should start looking in case it doesn't get approved.
I hope they do let you know before then. In my experience they almost always waited until the last possible minute to tell you your contract ended. I never knew for sure with my last job... if your "anniversary date" passed by without an email or meeting- your contract was continued. Only thing I disliked about contract work....

It's our 28th anniversary. Going to dinner and a comedy club. No clue if I will be able to hear at the comedy club, but I've been wanting to try. It's really loud there.

Best wishes for a great celebration and many more happy years together!

That sounds difficult.

8 very very low functioning kids. 2 of them can't hold a pencil and now this? I am so frustrated.

I hope they do let you know before then. In my experience they almost always waited until the last possible minute to tell you your contract ended. I never knew for sure with my last job... if your "anniversary date" passed by without an email or meeting- your contract was continued. Only thing I disliked about contract work....

I think my boss will let me know as soon as she does. Now, how quickly the decision makers let her know could be another story.

I only recall one temp job that was discontinued after I left for the day and I got a call at home not to come in the next day. I said that I had some personal stuff (probably snacks :lol:) in my desk that I needed to get so they had someone box up my stuff and leave it with security for me to pick up.

Started updating job search sites and have already received one "spam" email (no, I'm not interested in selling insurance).

8 very very low functioning kids. 2 of them can't hold a pencil and now this? I am so frustrated.

I don't blame you.

How does your boss expect the 2 who can't hold a pencil to write?

How annoying it is when apps on the phone don't have ways to turn off the sounds.
Every time I open FB (just reinstalled it) it triggers my Bluetooth neckloop. I'm trying to watch TV, but my phone has priory over other sound sources (which is good for phone calls, but not for other sources).
Who do I contact? The app people, the phone people or the neckloop people? Agh!

I don't blame you.

How does your boss expect the 2 who can't hold a pencil to write?

It is not just my class but also with the other classes. It is nuts. What they develop for regular ed, they make special ed do it too. Some of the other teachers told me that it wasnt like that years ago way before I joined. They said that this is their last year of teaching. Ridiculous.

very tedious job, Shel!....Don't believe I could handle it.

Thats why I want out of the teaching field but I havent been able to land a job outside of the classroom. I am hoping during winter break, I will land one. Right now I am too busy to apply again. Taking a break from applying.

Shel
Could this requirement be because of the "No Child Left Behind" act?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back