What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are supposed to see -30 wind chills today too.

dreadful day went see me mum who crying she wanted me spring out of hospital she refused eat drink until discharge tried tell her don't...beg her suck it up until social worker seen her..said goodbye to my son grandson no see them until end of year and top it all my 21year old cat died this afternoon..we all so upset

So sorry that all isn't what you expected. I'm sorry about your kitty. Hope you feel ok now.

thinking that I will be spending all day on this computer. Ugh

Thinking people are strange but funny too, sometimes.. I finally found and signed up for ASL courses but after doing so I visited the disability services office there on campus. I asked what they offer to help me, if I find that I have too much difficulties hearing in the class since I'm still waiting for DARRS to contact me back about the HA's too, etc.. I was told they could get an interpreter for me. An interpreter for me, a non-signer that is beginning ASL class? I asked him, What is an interpreter going to do? Write everything down?.. He seemed confused. LOL :giggle: He told me to call or go in tomorrow after 1pm so he could find out some options for me. I just think it's funny and wanted to share.

Thinking people are strange but funny too, sometimes.. I finally found and signed up for ASL courses but after doing so I visited the disability services office there on campus. I asked what they offer to help me, if I find that I have too much difficulties hearing in the class since I'm still waiting for DARRS to contact me back about the HA's too, etc.. I was told they could get an interpreter for me. An interpreter for me, a non-signer that is beginning ASL class? I asked him, What is an interpreter going to do? Write everything down?.. He seemed confused. LOL :giggle: He told me to call or go in tomorrow after 1pm so he could find out some options for me. I just think it's funny and wanted to share.

If it's a good ASL class, it will be voice off, so you won't need to be able to hear.

But, yeah, offering an interpreter for an ASL class is silly.

My goofy dinner. A Slim Fast shake, a banana, unsalted pistachios and a couple of swigs of soda.

I am thinking of a couple of things.

Firstly, thinking about how to return my Windows 8 Lenovo tablet back into service, as it does work, but won't operate with cracked glass. That needs repairing.

Secondly, I just realized that it's been 20 years since I last visited Carbondale, IL. If I am able to find a way, I just make a visit down there this summer. Maybe in July or August. Who knows? Also been 15 years since I last visit Centralia, IL. Wow.... a few places I haven't visited in a long time.

I'm going to be going through the exact same thing soon. I am going to be attending ASL classes at a local (local around these parts means less than an hour away) community college and I'm super concerned that my ability to hear is going to be an issue. I doubt they would really to much to assist me, but then again I don't really know what they could do. Luckily there is a very strong sense of community so I know people will be doing study group type things (being that it is a college) and I'm hoping I can worm my way into someone's good graces. I do have the advantage of having a pretty good voice, even with my accent, so that should help me out.
-Let me know how it goes for you. Hopefully it doesn't become too much of a hassle for you. Good Luck.:aw:

I'm going to be going through the exact same thing soon. I am going to be attending ASL classes at a local (local around these parts means less than an hour away) community college and I'm super concerned that my ability to hear is going to be an issue. I doubt they would really to much to assist me, but then again I don't really know what they could do. Luckily there is a very strong sense of community so I know people will be doing study group type things (being that it is a college) and I'm hoping I can worm my way into someone's good graces. I do have the advantage of having a pretty good voice, even with my accent, so that should help me out.
-Let me know how it goes for you. Hopefully it doesn't become too much of a hassle for you. Good Luck.:aw:

Voice should not be used in an ASL class. If it's good, it should have a Deaf teacher, and you will get to be teacher's pet, by virtue of being deaf. ;)

How sad it's that a farm is up for sale and horses are no longer seen working or running in the field . Wild turkeys could be seen there too , we're are losing all our farms and open land Every spring there would be a new colt in the field not anymore . :(

If you have the right instructor using the right curriculum and teaching techniques, the class should be conducted without speech ("voice off").

If you have the right instructor using the right curriculum and teaching techniques, the class should be conducted without speech ("voice off").

That is what I had when I took ASL classes in Berkeley CA. Our instructor was deaf and used no voice at all.

Thinking how excited I am for my daughter. Her boyfriend is taking her to Paris for her birthday next week.

Voice should not be used in an ASL class. If it's good, it should have a Deaf teacher, and you will get to be teacher's pet, by virtue of being deaf. ;)

I was more referring to using my voice after class with other students when they were studying. But yah, I think it is much easier to learn ASL by immersion. I had a few friends who were Deaf and that helped me learn some pretty good basics. Unfortunately, at that point in my life I was friends with them for the wrong reasons so I got ditched. Sucks because they were pretty cool, but that is what I get for being immature back then. Live and Learn.

I am thinking just how much a woman goes through dealing with so much issues and still come out alive on the other end.. Me- I think I would like to skip this part all together. Thank you very much doc!

How sad it's that a farm is up for sale and horses are no longer seen working or running in the field . Wild turkeys could be seen there too , we're are losing all our farms and open land Every spring there would be a new colt in the field not anymore . :(

Yah, I live in prime farm territory and everyone is selling their land. Farming is a big employment opportunity and our county is like 24% unemployed so we need our farms. I actually briefly worked on a Dairy farm when my menier's symptoms returned but they went under and had to sell.

Thanks, I'll be sure to share my experience. I think the teacher is HoH, so maybe voice won't be used like others are saying here. I hope they are right :)

I was more referring to using my voice after class with other students when they were studying. But yah, I think it is much easier to learn ASL by immersion. I had a few friends who were Deaf and that helped me learn some pretty good basics. Unfortunately, at that point in my life I was friends with them for the wrong reasons so I got ditched. Sucks because they were pretty cool, but that is what I get for being immature back then. Live and Learn.

I didn't see this until I had already posted my other response, Sorry. I'm hoping other deaf are in the class, too. Good luck to you, too! :)

How frigidly cold it is today. Most schools have closed for today. It's -14 right now and not expected to get warmer as the day goes on. Thinking about not driving into work today!

Thinking it's not a good idea to drive to church this morning (potentially icy roads). Hopefully I can get out later to go to the mall for my walk since I didn't get there yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back