What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about my eye apt this afternoon..wondering if I will need bifocals because I am starting to have trouble reading up close now. Ugh..

Me too. Ever since I had eye surgery a year ago to fix my astigmatism, reading up close is not feasible anymore. I cannot even see the numbers clearly on my HA to know what volume I have it set at. I think I need new glasses again.

Me too. Ever since I had eye surgery a year ago to fix my astigmatism, reading up close is not feasible anymore. I cannot even see the numbers clearly on my HA to know what volume I have it set at. I think I need new glasses again.

I wear glasses full time because I cant see far but when I need to read close, I need to take my glasses off and it becomes clear. That's strange!

Thinking about my eye apt this afternoon..wondering if I will need bifocals because I am starting to have trouble reading up close now. Ugh..

You made me think about one of my aunts! And the acceptance of different things.

She didn't want to fuss with taking glasses on and off so asked for bifocals when she first needed reading glasses. She said that her doctor told her she was the first woman patient that he had that wanted to wear her glasses all the time when she didn't need to.

But . . . in the mid 1970's we noticed having to talk louder to her or get "what". By that time I was wearing a BTE hearing aid (I was in my 30's with one dead ear and one going down) and when we planned a trip together I took the "tip" that I had used before my ear mold came in thinking that if she would put it on maybe she would get one fitted. But she would not saying that is just part of getting older. The era that she grew up in may have had something to do with that. This happened in 1975 and she was born in 1900 but very up to date otherwise. At that time she was still working part time because she was bored with retirement and driving in the city of Tulsa, OK.

I wear glasses full time because I cant see far but when I need to read close, I need to take my glasses off and it becomes clear. That's strange!

I know several of us that started out as near-sighted went through that stage. One friend even more so that myself.

I know several of us that started out as near-sighted went through that stage. One friend even more so that myself.

My friends cant read up close without reading glasses. I cant read up close with my glasses but can without. Guess I will find out today.

I can read up close without glasses, but I can't see far, though, and especially at nighttime. However.... with my having ventured out at night previously, I am getting used to it, and I have also gotten to know the downtown area quite well, so getting back home isn't that difficult.

one more day to go.. let's hope no biting incidents at 11:59 PM...

That I have to be up in about 3.5 hours and I haven't even gone to bed yet. I am going in to work early as I have a dentist appointment at noon for my toothache. Oh joy!!!

Under 16 hours to go until the Pier. What joy there will be tonight!! Should he fun.

That I have to be up in about 3.5 hours and I haven't even gone to bed yet. I am going in to work early as I have a dentist appointment at noon for my toothache. Oh joy!!!

Good luck at the dentist, hope its painless both for your mouth and wallet too.

A bit of humor...

tweety%20tooth%20and%20nail.jpg

Hopefully dentist goes well. :)

Hope your tooth will feel better afterwards. After your appt, do you have to go back to work or can you go home?

Thanks! I do not have to return to work after, but I might anyway depending on what happens at the dentist today. I'm worried about being able to get everything finished for the week before I have to leave today. If I can't return today, and work still to be done, I might go in on Friday even though the office will be closed. I'll just bring my doggie to stand guard (for real, I've done that before!)

Thanks! I do not have to return to work after, but I might anyway depending on what happens at the dentist today. I'm worried about being able to get everything finished for the week before I have to leave today. If I can't return today, and work still to be done, I might go in on Friday even though the office will be closed. I'll just bring my doggie to stand guard (for real, I've done that before!)

Hope dentist goes so well. i like the image what calvin posted.. by the chance, are you slyvester the cat?? is it possible that you had tweety in your mouth where it hurts the most??? hehehe

Lol. No, I'm not Sylvester! :) im nervous about today's appointment. Will let you know if they found Tweety. :)

I must write down my resolutions for 2015. I want to have at least 10 of them. If you've any ideas, feel free to PM me.

Trying to figure out why I wake myself up by biting my tounge super hard. OUCH!! It happens every night now.

Trying to figure out why I wake myself up by biting my tounge super hard. OUCH!! It happens every night now.

I had that problem a while back. NO FUN!! I think it's because I probably slept with my mouth open enough for that to happen. It'll go away on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back