What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about how pretty the fall foliage is supposed to be this weekend in NY. I will be riding the train up the Hudson & am looking forward to the view.

Season premiere of Criminal Minds tonight.

S.F. Giant's in the wild card game tonight. One game elimination so we need to win!!!

I'm thinking about maybe selling the photos I took over the course of the year, as staff have suggested that might be an idea to consider, and it is a decent idea.

I'm thinking about maybe selling the photos I took over the course of the year, as staff have suggested that might be an idea to consider, and it is a decent idea.

Just make sure you understand how copyright works BEFORE you enter into any deals!!! It can get complicated and you don't want to lose you rights to use them.

Just make sure you understand how copyright works BEFORE you enter into any deals!!! It can get complicated and you don't want to lose you rights to use them.

No point in trying, because almost all of the photos are of public spots, and I highly doubt that I'm the only one who has the photos I posted here. I intended for the photos I posted here to be enjoyable. I'm not interested in copyrighting my work, anyways. I do this for something to do, and as a way to keep active, and not be bored. Copyrighting that kinda kills my enjoyment.

No point in trying, because almost all of the photos are of public spots, and copyright might not apply here, anyhow. If it were original work I did, then yeah, it would, but it's not. And plus, getting copyrighted costs quite a pretty penny, as well.

The fact that you took them is the original work not what they are of and that they were taken from public property. Please, please, follow up on getting the information! I don't want you to find that you have lost rights because you didn't know. I forget the exact wording but the act of taking them gives you copyright.

The fact that you took them is the original work not what they are of and that they were taken from public property. Please, please, follow up on getting the information! I don't want you to find that you have lost rights because you didn't know. I forget the exact wording but the act of taking them gives you copyright.

I already said I wasn't interested. Those photos I took are intended to be enjoyable, and I have no intentions of getting protections for them. Anyone can enjoy them how they want. And I also said that I do it to keep busy, as well.

I already said I wasn't interested. Those photos I took are intended to be enjoyable, and I have no intentions of getting protections for them. Anyone can enjoy them how they want. And I also said that I do it to keep busy, as well.

You also wrote about the possibility of selling them to make some money. That is what caused me to post what I did.

Thinking about seeing TCS in a few more hours. :)

You also wrote about the possibility of selling them to make some money. That is what caused me to post what I did.

Yes. However, doing that with copyright and non-copyright are two very different things. I do not intend to copyright any photos I took and posted here, as they are intended for enjoyment, and I prefer that anyone be able to enjoy what I post in that thread elsewhere. Copyright isn't cheap, either. It costs thousands of dollars to obtain.

Looking forward to Hell's Kitchen tonight! We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight but we decided to save it for tomorrow instead. I've had heartburn all day so I didn't want to not enjoy dinner tonight with that.

Yes. However, doing that with copyright and non-copyright are two very different things. I do not intend to copyright any photos I took and posted here, as they are intended for enjoyment, and I prefer that anyone be able to enjoy what I post in that thread elsewhere. Copyright isn't cheap, either. It costs thousands of dollars to obtain.
Copyrighting photos doesn't cost thousands of dollars.

You don't have to do it but just understand that other people can steal your photos, then they get the copyrights, and they sell the pictures. They get the money (and credit), and you don't.

The other problem is, they could also come back and order you not to use the photos without their permission (and fees) if they claim the photos belong to them.

I'm not saying that it will happen, only that it could happen.

It's totally up to you.

You don't have to do it but just understand that other people can steal your photos, then they get the copyrights, and they sell the pictures. They get the money (and credit), and you don't.

The other problem is, they could also come back and order you not to use the photos without their permission (and fees) if they claim the photos belong to them.

It's totally up to you.

I am well aware of those risks. As for copyrights.... I thought it wasn't cheap? And I do have all my photos backed up in multiple places, and I'm not sure if that would help, since I'm not familiar with copyright stuff. I'll look into it, but not sure how I would proceed, though, since I don't have a vested interest in that kind of stuff, but maybe I should brush up on it.

It's totally up to you.

deleted

I got this card at Deaf Awareness Day today, and this is really interesting. Has anyone heard of this?

www.govineya.com

If you have heard about this, and have used it, how was the experience?

Thinking how thrilled that one of the big issues at New job was solved and today was a great day at work. Drama free!!!!!

Thinking how thrilled that one of the big issues at New job was solved and today was a great day at work. Drama free!!!!!

Where is that stupid "like" button!!!???

Anyways "like!!!!"

Where is that stupid "like" button!!!???

Anyways "like!!!!"

Thanks!!! I am the kind of person who becomes all about work when I am at a job so I could never understand drama being brought to work. So unnecessary!

Thanks!!! I am the kind of person who becomes all about work when I am at a job so I could never understand drama being brought to work. So unnecessary!

I would have to agree but unfortunately my temper overrides my common sense and creates drama once in a while..:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back