What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about CA but in the States the main thing in difference in size of storm that shuts schools, etc. is a matter of places that don't have much most of the time don't have the equipment for the larger storms because of budget reasons. Why spend the money on equipment you are not going to use most years?

I just thought it was funny that a Canadian city would be so freaked out and almost paralyzed over a little snow.

I remember reading in the newspaper once that the reason it was taking so long to clear up the snow from our streets were because our snow clearing equipment (salt trucks, snow plows, etc etc) was sent south of the border to help out some American cities who were ill-equipped to deal with the rare snow storms.

I remember laughing out loud when reading about how a very small snowfall in Vancouver practically paralyzed the city and shut down all the schools. They were even talking about bringing in the military. All this over an inch of snow that melted the next day. It was pretty amusing.

In Quebec, schools only get shut down if it was a true raging blizzard.

:shock: For real? Even us southerners don't panic this much over an inch of snow!

There no returns. Is yours forever! Lol.

Seriously shame things not work this way. diet have me starving! Lol.

Heh, go vegan. It's practically impossible to put on weight if you have that lifestyle. Trust me, I've tried and am still trying.

I just thought it was funny that a Canadian city would be so freaked out and almost paralyzed over a little snow.

I remember reading in the newspaper once that the reason it was taking so long to clear up the snow from our streets were because our snow clearing equipment (salt trucks, snow plows, etc etc) was sent south of the border to help out some American cities who were ill-equipped to deal with the rare snow storms.

Ice and snow cripples Florida. :lol: I remember where we had sleet so bad that people were flying off the roadway left and right. Especially off of I-10.

thinking of how to pay for the new lenses for my glasses... I could just get whole new set of glasses, but that'd be even more expensive and I just replaced my frames last summer, so new lenses will be fine. But will cost about $206. oy.

I ttied to do that also, but out of luck! The frames I had were no longer available, and the lenses would not fit in other frames.

Ice and snow cripples Florida. :lol: I remember where we had sleet so bad that people were flying off the roadway left and right. Especially off of I-10.

I believe it. Ice is far far far more dangerous than snow. One can get traction with snow but not with ice.

Yeah! Back in '89...I called into work, telling my boss that I did not have any "snow tires" :giggle:..and I didn't know how to drive in the snow or sleet and I couldn't come in that day! Really was a rare occurance here in Jax...and a friend of mine (from Massachuttes), told me..."Aww...it's a piece of cake"...So he did drive me and promptly skidded off the road...we were going 'round and 'round! :shock:

Heh, go vegan. It's practically impossible to put on weight if you have that lifestyle. Trust me, I've tried and am still trying.

I go vegan actually! Love it. Impossible lose weight, not know why. I eat only vegetables, some fruit, 250 calories per day only, and not hardly lose anything yet! Plus, I work out. Is fat-conspiracy! Lol.

I go vegan actually! Love it. Impossible lose weight, not know why. I eat only vegetables, some fruit, 250 calories per day only, and not hardly lose anything yet! Plus, I work out. Is fat-conspiracy! Lol.

wait, you're telling me you eat only 250 calories a day???

Nope, not crazy, just Canada :)

It's not that bad. I just came back from doing errands (so happy everything I need is within walking distance) and barely felt the cold at all because of the long johns, a tshirt, a flannel shirt, a very thick sweater plus a very thick winter coat with hood. I was actually quite toasty warm.

You should come to Singapore... we get over plus 20 in the winter so we can wear shorts and t-shirt this time of year!!
I'm studying in the UK and saw 0 degrees for the first time this winter... definitely a warm weather kinda guy!!!

Oh NO Snow

I remember laughing out loud when reading about how a very small snowfall in Vancouver practically paralyzed the city and shut down all the schools. They were even talking about bringing in the military. All this over an inch of snow that melted the next day. It was pretty amusing.

In Quebec, schools only get shut down if it was a true raging blizzard.

Thats so funny. We are warned to wrap our pipes cover the sensitive bushes when it gets to 32 degrees. So this month has been exciting for our weather people because it was in the 20's at night for weeks. Major story!!!!

And yet not lose hardly any weight yet. Is crazy.

they say to just barely survive, you need at least 500 calories a day.

One thing I know for sure, if you don't eat enough, your body starts thinking it's starving and will hoard the body fat for when it's a real starvation crisis.

Eat more! I don't know how you can possibly survive on 250 calories a day, it's simply not possible. what do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

they say to just barely survive, you need at least 500 calories a day.

One thing I know for sure, if you don't eat enough, your body starts thinking it's starving and will hoard the body fat for when it's a real starvation crisis.

Eat more! I don't know how you can possibly survive on 250 calories a day, it's simply not possible. what do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

:dunno: I do this same diet all through high school. Maintain size 00.

Breakfast nothing. Never have.
Lunch and supper raw veggies. I usually eat one piece fruit every day. Today lunch I ave tomato slice quarters, half banana. Supper will broccoli and cauliflower steam.

:dunno: I do this same diet all through high school. Maintain size 00.

Breakfast nothing. Never have.
Lunch and supper raw veggies. I usually eat one piece fruit every day. Today lunch I ave tomato slice quarters, half banana. Supper will broccoli and cauliflower steam.

you're a size 00 and want to give away some body fat?

To be honest with you, your diet really doesn't sound healthy. It's simply not enough calories. NO idea how you've managed to live like this for so long. You don't consume anything else at all? bread? booze?

even a glass of wine has more calories than what you've just written. You're making me worried.

you're a size 00 and want to give away some body fat?

To be honest with you, your diet really doesn't sound healthy. It's simply not enough calories. NO idea how you've managed to live like this for so long. You don't consume anything else at all? bread? booze?

even a glass of wine has more calories than what you've just written. You're making me worried.

I not 00 now. 00 high school. I gross now. Totally fat! I drink, so I get calories there, see is all good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back