What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We received a few of our Christmas cards back in the mail. First was the one I sent to an Uncle. Seems, I forgot to write his new address in my address book. Second, was my great Aunt's nephew from her late husband. It just says Unable to Forward. We call and phone disconnected. He is the one in charge of my Great Aunt as he lives closer to her. He is also to be the executor of her estate. Well, no one knows what happened to him. Now, today, we get the Great Aunt's card back in the mail. She was in a nursing home. We called the home, they can't give us any information as they did not have my mother's name. This is my mother's mother's older sister. If she is still alive, she would be 104! Mom and I are working to find out more.

they say to just barely survive, you need at least 500 calories a day.

One thing I know for sure, if you don't eat enough, your body starts thinking it's starving and will hoard the body fat for when it's a real starvation crisis.

Eat more! I don't know how you can possibly survive on 250 calories a day, it's simply not possible. what do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

wtf? 250 calories a day? I just drank strawberry soda and it's got 300 calories. I wonder how many calories I consume daily :hmm:

probably 2,000+

We received a few of our Christmas cards back in the mail. First was the one I sent to an Uncle. Seems, I forgot to write his new address in my address book. Second, was my great Aunt's nephew from her late husband. It just says Unable to Forward. We call and phone disconnected. He is the one in charge of my Great Aunt as he lives closer to her. He is also to be the executor of her estate. Well, no one knows what happened to him. Now, today, we get the Great Aunt's card back in the mail. She was in a nursing home. We called the home, they can't give us any information as they did not have my mother's name. This is my mother's mother's older sister. If she is still alive, she would be 104! Mom and I are working to find out more.

Just did a bunch of searching, this Great Aunt died on March 14, 2011 at 102. Seems I got my math wrong. Still can't find any record of the nephew. His phone we have is disconnected.

Kristina, If you are interested in finding death (and any other kind of) records, you could always go to Ancestry.com. It is a paid site, but (at least when I was on there) you can get the first 30 days free and then cancel. However, records from 2011 would not be available there yet. Privacy laws. I don't know how far back you are looking.

But it got better. SHe is at the veterinary hospital. The vet did surgery for a polyp.

We are supposed to pick her up this evening. I think they would have informed up by now if it wasn't just a polyp.

I am feeling much better that earlier. We will be leaving to pick her up in half and hour or so.

I'm saying that in terms of how you sign something in SEE, yes I'll defer to the SEE dictionary.

I'm not going to learn a word in Spanish from the French dictionary.

I think the problem may be more like the Spanish dictionary was created by a person that knows Spanish as a second language and wrote the dictionary after only knowing one region of Spanish (or one school?) for only a few years.

i have seen a number of regional sign language books. some even contradict each other. you cannot limit yourself to just one resource. you should use both real life experiences and documented books or other documented resources. And, when you find a conflict, you should be prepared to challenge your knowledge and understanding. it's how we learn.

Kristina, If you are interested in finding death (and any other kind of) records, you could always go to Ancestry.com. It is a paid site, but (at least when I was on there) you can get the first 30 days free and then cancel. However, records from 2011 would not be available there yet. Privacy laws. I don't know how far back you are looking.

Well - just found that the aunt died. I may check regarding the nephew, but I know nothing about his age or location.

i think so figure out pretty sometimes hmm! lol!

Heart Sank

But it got better. SHe is at the veterinary hospital. The vet did surgery for a polyp.

We are supposed to pick her up this evening. I think they would have informed up by now if it wasn't just a polyp.

I am feeling much better that earlier. We will be leaving to pick her up in half and hour or so.

Bott I saw your first message at first and my heart sank. Scared me that you were going to have to put her to sleep.
I'm so glad she is ok.
I do not know what I would do if I lost my little dog Marley. Sometimes I think about that and it makes me cry. One great gift I got when I became deaf, was learning how much a little tiny dog can love you unconditionally. Good luck. Sure hope she feels better soon.:angel:

Bott I saw your first message at first and my heart sank. Scared me that you were going to have to put her to sleep.
I'm so glad she is ok.
I do not know what I would do if I lost my little dog Marley. Sometimes I think about that and it makes me cry. One great gift I got when I became deaf, was learning how much a little tiny dog can love you unconditionally. Good luck. Sure hope she feels better soon.:angel:

When I lost my dog 3 years ago I actually went in to (preterm) labor from the stress and anxiety from her death. It was like I had lost my only friend which in a sense at that time I really had. Some times dogs can become better friends more loyal "humans" than what we find in our everyday lives and that was what she was to me. I felt the same when I read Bottesinis first message.

When I lost my dog 3 years ago I actually went in to (preterm) labor from the stress and anxiety from her death. It was like I had lost my only friend which in a sense at that time I really had. Some times dogs can become better friends more loyal "humans" than what we find in our everyday lives and that was what she was to me. I felt the same when I read Bottesinis first message.

dogs know us better than we know ourselves. if my dog is acting up, then i need to calm down. It's elementary my dear!

Watson is my middle name. That's how elementary it is.

...spunky today :)

awesome chat to discuss lMOA 24 hours chat :lol: hahah!! funny comedy!!

Freaking out.

Tomorrow is my last day at work. My apartment still needs to be cleaned before Sophia gets here. Food needs to be eaten and used before I leave. Gah. I'm going to gain some weight. Already gave some food to ex's mom. She wanted to say good bye so I gave her a bunch of condiments I didn't want to waste while I was at it. Don't worry, he's skiing right now in New Hampshire...

Yeah! Back in '89...I called into work, telling my boss that I did not have any "snow tires" :giggle:..and I didn't know how to drive in the snow or sleet and I couldn't come in that day! Really was a rare occurance here in Jax...and a friend of mine (from Massachuttes), told me..."Aww...it's a piece of cake"...So he did drive me and promptly skidded off the road...we were going 'round and 'round! :shock:

Thats the year that I am speaking of. In 1989.

I like the snow and (sometimes) I am not terrified to drive in it but what I can't stand is living in an area where the trees are sensitive and like to fall down every time the wind blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back