What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is not at all why they recommend bedding. AND, it had bedding, but not enough to battle Texas heat I guess.

It's kind of like the way my brother killed my hamster. I was out of state and he was cleaning her cage. He owned 5 Japanese Hooded Rats and 7 snakes at the time. I thought he could handle just one more critter. Well, he put her in a temporary cage and had her outside while he was cleaning the cage. Didn't put anything in the temp cage with her, and is was January. She froze to death. This was in Central Florida, but she had almost no body heat of her own and he forgot to put a towel in with her.

He tried to replace her, but she was an albino hamster and there weren't any others around.

I have a plastic ball so that the gerbil could run around the house while I was cleaning his cage. He loved that. I can't see any reason to put a gerbil cage outside. :dunno:

Wait and see. We got the class pet to teach empathy to two of my students because their bullying has gotten very bad. Ugly situations happened last week with the kids so the school counselor suggested that I get a classroom pet to teach those who are without empathy to learn to care for others. Like I said, wait and see because some of them come from seriously messed up home lives.

Ah. I hope you (and others) can make a difference.

No, that is not at all why they recommend bedding. AND, it had bedding, but not enough to battle Texas heat I guess.

Sorry. You mentioned a metal pan and Texas heat and a fried rodent. No bedding. It appeared for all intents and purposes that the rodent was directly on a metal pan.
So I amend my statement. I guess that is why the pet stores don't recommend putting them outdoors.

Wait and see. We got the class pet to teach empathy to two of my students because their bullying has gotten very bad. Ugly situations happened last week with the kids so the school counselor suggested that I get a classroom pet to teach those who are without empathy to learn to care for others. Like I said, wait and see because some of them come from seriously messed up home lives.

Animals are an excellent way to teach empathy. I am anxious to hear how it works out for your students.

Ain't it funny? I was reading "Red Flags Or Red Herrings?: Predicting Who Your Child Will Become" and it has a paragraph on Vivian Paley. She is a retired kindergarten teacher. She had one rule "You can't say you can't play" in her classroom. If a kid want to join in another's activity, the kid can't refuse him/her and had to find a way to let the kid in. She said that it resulted in the kids acting more kinder to one another. She wrote a book with the same rule as the title.

I have a plastic ball so that the gerbil could run around the house while I was cleaning his cage. He loved that. I can't see any reason to put a gerbil cage outside. :dunno:

Maid was cleaning the entire house....apparently she had issues with rodents being indoors. :dunno: I was not there. Wife put it, cage and all, outside for her and then got busy and forgot. Tragic and very sad accident.

It's kind of like the way my brother killed my hamster. I was out of state and he was cleaning her cage. He owned 5 Japanese Hooded Rats and 7 snakes at the time. I thought he could handle just one more critter. Well, he put her in a temporary cage and had her outside while he was cleaning the cage. Didn't put anything in the temp cage with her, and is was January. She froze to death. This was in Central Florida, but she had almost no body heat of her own and he forgot to put a towel in with her.

He tried to replace her, but she was an albino hamster and there weren't any others around.

Yeah that would be tough too.

In my son's class for 4th grade, they had a pet hamster. The student with top scores and parental permission got to take it home for whichever holiday and then bring it back. The teacher took it home for summer break. I recently asked and this same hamster is still alive and he is 7 years old now.

:eek3:

I didn't know hamster lives that long... are you sure it's not a switch? :lol:

If your driving a heavy duty truck, and you are using all of the safety features as prescribed by the user's manual, your likely to pretty much hobble away from such a crash.

If you're driving a little geo metro with no real safety features other than a standard seatbelt, then you'll be wheeled away, but you're likely to survive.

That's the difference between the more expensive cases such as Otterbox and those little cheap ones you get at Walmart or Kmart.

But the fact is, if your iPhone is naked, it's not likely to survive any drop.

I've dropped my phone on a tile floor. Normally this would kill ANY phone. Thank God it was in the Otterbox when this happened because my phone survived. All I have is a ding in the corner of the Otterbox where it hit the tile and the force bent the corner of the Otterbox. If it were not for that, then my iPhone would have been completely shattered.

So see, it IS important you cover your iPhone with a good quality cover. I never go swimming, so I have no use for a submersible iPhone cover.
a heavy duty truck? at 80mph toward wall? the driver cage is vaporized.

a heavy duty truck? at 80mph toward wall? the driver cage is vaporized.

The frame is usually stronger than in smaller lightweight cars.

It also depends on what kind of wall we are talking about, how high the wall is, the angle at which the truck collides into the wall, what the road conditions are, etc. All those play a factor as to how that truck is going act upon collision. :lol: Also is the driver drunk, under the influence, or are they sober?

There's too many variables to say for sure that the 'driver cage' is 'vaporized'. But recent builds of heavy duty trucks point to results that say the driver has a good chance of surviving such a collision if all of the safety features are properly utilized such as wearing seatbelt properly, air bags are turned on, and the driver is the appropriate distance from the air bag and that the ABS are in good condition and working properly. I say the brakes because in 90% of accidents, theres usually a last ditch effort to avoid collision, meaning you cram on the brakes. So at 80 mph, was the truck decelerating, accelerating, or maintaining momentum?

Thinking about applying for this job near my home..if I do get it i'd have my hands full with school and everything but I would love to have extra money in my pockets.

And thinking about adopting a min pin. Hmmm

is thinking how very happy I am to hear McRibs is bbbbaaaaccccckkkkk!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! :drool:

mcrib-returns.gi.top.jpg

Thinking about applying for this job near my home..if I do get it i'd have my hands full with school and everything but I would love to have extra money in my pockets.

And thinking about adopting a min pin. Hmmm
Good luck with getting the job!

is thinking how very happy I am to hear McRibs is bbbbaaaaccccckkkkk!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! :drool:

mcrib-returns.gi.top.jpg
Is it real rib meat or is it a rib shaped patty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back