What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here.

Glad I'm not alone. It's not depression Grummer. This has been going on for the last 8-10 years. I tried to stay upbeat and all for the kids, but as they got older, I didn't feel the need to pretend for them. We do Christmas and do celebrate the reason for the holiday. We do Thanksgiving and Easter as well and celebrate the true meaning of the holiday. That's about it. My kids never went trick-or-treating as we never celebrated Halloween.

I think it's more due to the declining finances and such. I just feel that the money I have to put into the special meals and such that the family wants has better places to go to. I mean, for today, hubby and son spent $200 for fireworks. That's groceries and gas for 1 week for us.

I mean, for today, hubby and son spent $200 for fireworks. That's groceries and gas for 1 week for us.

:jaw:

I can never ever spend that much on fireworks!

Im thinkin how nice it is to be on internet after six days of no electricity. All I can say is wow..finally!

They are illegal in Iowa.

I wish they were illegal here. It is way to hot and dry out. The US sure doesn't need anything else to set off more fires. You can only buy what the call "safe and legal" here. Nothing that shoots into the sky. A sparkler can be dangerous tho, around all this dryness. Be safe everyone!!!!!

I wish they were illegal here. It is way to hot and dry out. The US sure doesn't need anything else to set off more fires. You can only buy what the call "safe and legal" here. Nothing that shoots into the sky. A sparkler can be dangerous tho, around all this dryness. Be safe everyone!!!!!

When we lived in El Paso, they were illegal in the city, but not the state, so lots of people had them anyway.

We had a gazebo in our backyard, and the neighbors set it on fire accidentally one year with illegal fireworks.

We we really annoyed, but grateful at least it wasn't the house.

I am thinking my back's killing me again and I should lay down and take up reading.

When we lived in El Paso, they were illegal in the city, but not the state, so lots of people had them anyway.

We had a gazebo in our backyard, and the neighbors set it on fire accidentally one year with illegal fireworks.

We we really annoyed, but grateful at least it wasn't the house.

That must have been awful, too close!!!! We have a large hill above our back yard. It goes way back, and at the top the grass is really dry. I worry every 4th of July. I have been running the sprinklers as far up as they go, just in case. I like to stay close to home on this night, so I can watch my house!!:shock:

You can't buy fireworks in DE, but drive down the highway and you'll see billboards for fireworks sales in PA & MD. So you know there will be fireworks going off in DE neighborhoods tonight.
At our former house our neighbor across the street shot off fireworks. I'm pretty sure he worked for the county or state police here in DE.

You can post from bed using a tablet! :wave:

nah. my dog will do it for me. he'll even read me some anti-obama threads, knowing that I'd fall asleep :lol:

13.jpg

Cool! Good sale I see.

I like it new awesome :) it is pretty best buy recommand, I think
broken hard drive, ASUS is doesn't work I have new laptop, be careful hard drive, is very wise on hard drive , I don't know hard drive on inside on crash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back