What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
...since I am a stay-at-home mom or a person who doesn't hold a job...

As far as I'm concerned, being a stay-at-home mom IS a full-time job!

(My mother jokes that she has two full-time jobs - one to look after my brother and I, and the other to take care of my father!)

*bows down in the presence of all of the stay-at-home moms out there* I totally respect :)

As far as I'm concerned, being a stay-at-home mom IS a full-time job!

(My mother jokes that she has two full-time jobs - one to look after my brother and I, and the other to take care of my father!)

Well - my kids are now mostly self-sufficient for the most part. At 16 (17 next month) and 18, most of my time is spent dealing with MIL and mother.

I wait for figure out think so screw up on can't sleep 0.o serious! 0.o impossible 0dd!

I'm thinking about why my 15 year old daughter doesn't understand my financial situation and makes it extremely difficult for me to travel to see her.

Am thinking.....what another beautiful, sunny day...the river is very calm....cranes are out there again (so beautiful!)....

Thinking I am tired of rain. It seems that it has been raining every weekend for a while.

Thinking about doing my T'ai Chi Chih & meditation later today...peaceful oasis in the midst of living. Thankful that I managed to dodge the bullet of another Rx to add scary side effects to what I already have to live with...

I am search find lots of love addiction AD reading :P

Thinking we may have Tinkerbell put down soon. She went out to the living room last night when we went to bed and has not come out yet. We've checked on her during the day and she's just sleeping. We know she's still alive since we can see her breathing and she looks up at us. She will also lift her head. Today is the first day she has not eaten or used the litterbox. No mess or wet floor where she's at. She is under a table in a quiet corner where she will not be stepped on or anything.

Thinking we may have Tinkerbell put down soon. She went out to the living room last night when we went to bed and has not come out yet. We've checked on her during the day and she's just sleeping. We know she's still alive since we can see her breathing and she looks up at us. She will also lift her head. Today is the first day she has not eaten or used the litterbox. No mess or wet floor where she's at. She is under a table in a quiet corner where she will not be stepped on or anything.

I'm sorry Kristina...

That's sad. It may be time now if she is just staying in one spot. Animals can be in a lot of pain and not give expression of it like a human.

I think that must be the case for your cat, and it would be kinder to put her to sleep , rather than let her lay there suffering.

Lucked out and got to see Bryce Harper's debut here in LA. Kid is gonna be good.

I figure out find out pretty :P exciting to coming soon beta!

Wondering what my yard might look like when I get home. Landlord has hired someone to do some landscaping at his other house across the street and told me that he'd have the guys come over and mow the lawn, trim/weedwhack and put down mulch. They mowed/trimmed the backyard the other day, but yesterday was rainy, so I guess they may have come back today.

Wah! They didn't come back on Friday and my front lawn really needs to be mowed so I guess I'll do it today. I've been mowing it "high" anyway so when they do come back, they can still mow it low like they did the backyard. Reason I mow it high is because I like to use the mulching height rather than bag it. Leaving the grass clippings is better for the lawn as long as the clippings aren't in clumps.

We just got back from a picnic with DHH students and families in our area.

Super frustrating.

I heard one lady ask a parent, "does she sign or speak" as if the two are mutually exclusive.

the majority of the Deaf do one or the other, not both, so I totally understand why the question was asked. Asking about the child's communication method is the right thing to do.

the majority of the Deaf do one or the other, not both, so I totally understand why the question was asked. Asking about the child's communication method is the right thing to do.

That's not really the point actually. As I said, speech and sign are not mutually exclusive. It was the way the question was asked. Not, "what is your child's mode of communication?". I've met many Deaf people who have speech abilities, in addition to sign. I've also met many who only sign, although statistically I don't think any studies have been done which focus on "the majorities" mode of communication. We all have our opinions though. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back