What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exercise

Thks, Angel!...Sorry about ur pain and tennitus. The only suggestion I have for you is to keep busy, sing songs (to override the noises)....I still have to sing myself to sleep (in my head) after all these years, too....Taking a long walk also seemed to help me. I admit, my concentration span is very limited, due to tennitus....Maybe join a gym?...Exercise can help also, and limit ur stress with every/anything.

My left ear, is now draining somewhat (after the surgery)...very little pain so far, but go back to the doctor Feb. 3. He'll probably just vacuum it all out. And I'm finally done with the antibotics!...He may/or may not start me up on them again when I go see him (hoping not). He's awaiting my decision for the CI....if the ear has not completely healed by Feb. 3, then I do have a very good case to reject it again.

Seems like when I get busy, the noise gets worse most times. Walked a lot today at the Home & Garden show. I think trying to lip read is just so hard it actually makes my brain hurt. I can't really explain this problem but I will try.

Right now, my ears sound like this. Very LOUD humming like a airconditioner unit. On top of that there is a Chinese radio station, brass band, talk radio and then this awful pressure and pain. Is this what you feel? Or am I "unique"? Haha

Seems like when I get busy, the noise gets worse most times. Walked a lot today at the Home & Garden show. I think trying to lip read is just so hard it actually makes my brain hurt. I can't really explain this problem but I will try.

Right now, my ears sound like this. Very LOUD humming like a airconditioner unit. On top of that there is a Chinese radio station, brass band, talk radio and then this awful pressure and pain. Is this what you feel? Or am I "unique"? Haha

You are unique!!!! But, that's why we love you! :) :deaf: :naughty:

Regarding the "pressure" and pain, I've had that also, and have my ears cleaned and drained every 4-6 months. Do you have any infections?...Have had ur ears cleaned? (surplus ear wax)...Whenever I had the "pressure" it felt like my head was being caved in on both sides, or someone was putting pressure on both ears and pushing very hard....Once my doctor vacuums my ears out, cleans them, the pressure subsides....I'm leery of using any over-the-counter ear wax removers because of so many surgeries! So I let my doctor do this.....If I were you, I'd have a talk with ur doctor about this.

As for the tennitus, I have the roaring, the "eeeeeeee-ing"...continuous music and songs in my head....low base music (which makes me ask the boys...if the neighbors have their music too loud?) and I can feel it....but it's all in my head.....sometimes the sounds are similiar to a jack hammer also, it varies, day to day. As the years have gone by, I've pretty much somewhat have it under "control"....all except the musical tennitus.

At times, lip reading is a chore! Whenever the tennitus pops up, I have to ask someone to "repeat that, please"....

My musical tinnitus is something else tonight. I have an old fashioned typewriter going on one side and then Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

Drives me nuts. The more tired I am, the louder it is. If I am stressed, it is piercing with the sounds. I have found though, even though I can't hear a thing, if I put headsets on, and "listen" to a music video of gentle music, everything will quiet down. IT's like tricking your brain or something.

Thanks Cheetah, you somehow always make me smile:)
RR no ear infections, or wax. It's possibly could all be related to my illness I had earlier this year that caused my hearing loss. A couple of bad seizures and blood infection caused a lot of brain swelling. I will be having more tests this month including that awful VNG test that I have been talking to Cheetah about. I don't know what they think they will find and if anything what they can do about it. Already was told that deafness and these terrible side effects are permenant. So we will wait and see. When I feel like I am going to lose it, I know I can come here for support. Thanks

Wirelessly posted

That's what I'm afraid of... Getting my things stolen and broken.

Still looking into any kind of options I may have left. I still think I'll have my dad fly out here and help me move. Just wish that things didn't have to go so wrong.

Or, you could sell some of your things because you might not need that much. We sold some of our furnitures, and it saved us most of money. You won't regret it because we all always buy a few new things once a while. Why not...

Thanks Cheetah, you somehow always make me smile:)
RR no ear infections, or wax. It's possibly could all be related to my illness I had earlier this year that caused my hearing loss. A couple of bad seizures and blood infection caused a lot of brain swelling. I will be having more tests this month including that awful VNG test that I have been talking to Cheetah about. I don't know what they think they will find and if anything what they can do about it. Already was told that deafness and these terrible side effects are permenant. So we will wait and see. When I feel like I am going to lose it, I know I can come here for support. Thanks

Why not see a chiropractor? It is just like someone pressed the water hose that causes the water pressure. It is the same way for the seizure generally due the blood vessels in the vertebrae like the network system. Some doctors and chiropractors do not along each other because of money. A doctor is my last resort. Chiropractor comes first to see if it works well with me a few times. If no luck, then see a doctor for options such as drugs and surgeries.

Is there some unwritten rule hat says a mother and wife are the only ones that can change and replace the empty toilet paper? I go in and find either an empty roll hanging, or they have started another, but don't put it where it goes. They set it on the edge of the sink or window.

Is there some unwritten rule hat says a mother and wife are the only ones that can change and replace the empty toilet paper? I go in and find either an empty roll hanging, or they have started another, but don't put it where it goes. They set it on the edge of the sink or window.

Yep. Has happened to me many times. Now my daughter & I have separate bathrooms and rarely use each others so it's less likely to happen.

Put a sign next to the toilet paper holder...Seems their brains are not programmed as ours are (or they don't give a shyt!) My peeve is that they leave a lot of paper hanging on the holder and the kitten tears it all up! So I keep the bathroom doors closed.

Put a sign next to the toilet paper holder...Seems their brains are not programmed as ours are (or they don't give a shyt!) My peeve is that they leave a lot of paper hanging on the holder and the kitten tears it all up! So I keep the bathroom doors closed.

I think it is because most guys use a roll every 2-3 weeks, so that is how often they are inclined to pull a new roll on. Ladies tend to be the experts, using a roll every 2 days.

Chiropractor

Why not see a chiropractor? It is just like someone pressed the water hose that causes the water pressure. It is the same way for the seizure generally due the blood vessels in the vertebrae like the network system. Some doctors and chiropractors do not along each other because of money. A doctor is my last resort. Chiropractor comes first to see if it works well with me a few times. If no luck, then see a doctor for options such as drugs and surgeries.

Chiropractors won't help if your unconcious and dying. Which so happened to be my case. Seizures were due to illness. Not my spine being out of alignment. I do however go to the Chiropractor regularly for spinal adjustments.

KristinaB, I'm going to try your trick with the headphones and music right now. I will let you know tomorrow if it works. I sure hope so.

I think my nose feel bruise from rip nose ring out while sleep other day. Owwww.

Headphones

My musical tinnitus is something else tonight. I have an old fashioned typewriter going on one side and then Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

Drives me nuts. The more tired I am, the louder it is. If I am stressed, it is piercing with the sounds. I have found though, even though I can't hear a thing, if I put headsets on, and "listen" to a music video of gentle music, everything will quiet down. IT's like tricking your brain or something.

I am teying the headphones. Now I have a very loud Chinese Auctioneer with the loud roar. How long to I try?

Chiropractors won't help if your unconcious and dying. Which so happened to be my case. Seizures were due to illness. Not my spine being out of alignment. I do however go to the Chiropractor regularly for spinal adjustments.

OK. A least I try to help you for info, but I understand your situation. Hope that you don't have the seizures again. Oh boy, I wish that there is a real miracle medicine that makes the seizure goes away.

I have the same problem with my hubby. It drives me nuts! How hard it is to put the new roll of tp back on the handle?????!!! Especially when mine is the hook kind. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back