What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read the "Dragon" books but have seen all three original Swedish movies. While there are some very graphic, highly disturbing scenes (which bothered me on a human level), I was riveted throughout. The way the story unfolds through each movie and the compelling, incredibly strong nature of Lisbeth made me a huge fan. I am eager to watch the American version of the first movie to see how it compares.

Other than that, right now I am thinking about how much the pain from my spill on the ice yesterday has worn me out today, ugh!

i feel very sad now. but i check my weight wow i am happy i keeping lost weight. i will learn cook healthy food myself.

I am thinking about my AppleTV. I love it to death.

I am thinking about my AppleTV. I love it to death.

Perhaps, you could check the EyeTV instead of AppleTV. Elgato - North America .

(Do not buy "eyetv one TV Tuner for DTV Antennas" because it has a lot of problems due the technology changes like digital stuff.) Mine is EyeTV Hybrid which is great for my iMac 27". HD HomeRun that I don't have, but it looks great to me.

Wirelessly posted

Has anyone experienced using atlas to move? I was thinking about asking a company to move for me and I fly.

Wirelessly posted

Has anyone experienced using atlas to move? I was thinking about asking a company to move for me and I fly.

If you want to move with a moving company, it won't be cheap. It will cost you few thousand dollars. For example, moving from Iowa to WA state will cost $4,700 or so. It's lot cheaper to rent your own one way moving van and pack it up and drive it yourself or pack up your belongings and stuff it in your car and move. You can try the free instant quote on www.altasvanlines.com. Of course, there are others like Mayflower, United Van Lines, etc. Some others may be cheaper.

If you want to move with a moving company, it won't be cheap. It will cost you few thousand dollars. For example, moving from Iowa to WA state will cost $4,700 or so. It's lot cheaper to rent your own one way moving van and pack it up and drive it yourself or pack up your belongings and stuff it in your car and move. You can try the free instant quote on Moving Companies: Home Movers & Moving Services Company | Atlas Van Lines. Of course, there are others like Mayflower, United Van Lines, etc. Some others may be cheaper.

One of my neighbors confided to me that when her hubby was transferred, they hired a moving company to move them...and a lot of their things were stolen....:shock:...dunno if she had them insured or not. So I would pick check with the Better Business Bureau before finding a mover, if you do...

Wirelessly posted

rockin'robin said:
If you want to move with a moving company, it won't be cheap. It will cost you few thousand dollars. For example, moving from Iowa to WA state will cost $4,700 or so. It's lot cheaper to rent your own one way moving van and pack it up and drive it yourself or pack up your belongings and stuff it in your car and move. You can try the free instant quote on Moving Companies: Home Movers & Moving Services Company | Atlas Van Lines. Of course, there are others like Mayflower, United Van Lines, etc. Some others may be cheaper.

One of my neighbors confided to me that when her hubby was transferred, they hired a moving company to move them...and a lot of their things were stolen....:shock:...dunno if she had them insured or not. So I would pick check with the Better Business Bureau before finding a mover, if you do...

That's what I'm afraid of... Getting my things stolen and broken.

Still looking into any kind of options I may have left. I still think I'll have my dad fly out here and help me move. Just wish that things didn't have to go so wrong.

I know the one time my parents ever used a moving company, a bunch of things were stolen. They claimed it had to have fallen off the truck. Well, these items were either in the front section by the cab area, or in the middle section, not the back, and they can't fall off or out if the doors are closed and locked. Mom lost her cello, an antique chest filled with antique doll clothes, my father's photography equipment (he had his own studio) and then my Chatty Cathy doll and all her clothes, furniture and suitcase.

Wirelessly posted

That's what I'm afraid of... Getting my things stolen and broken.

Still looking into any kind of options I may have left. I still think I'll have my dad fly out here and help me move. Just wish that things didn't have to go so wrong.

I wish you the best, but please, please be safe and careful. After having worked for the Better Business Bureau and processing complaints for 5 years, I still don't trust long-distance movers.

This is why I prefer to move things on my own and with people I trust.

Thinking my husband is making things more difficult than necessary.

Thinking my husband is making things more difficult than necessary.

Husbands are good at that. I had a long battle with mine just over a mailbox. Ah well - I prevailed in the end. He is now asleep.

RR, thought of you a lot today. Unfortunately it was because my ears hurt so bad. The noise is so loud I really think it will eventually drive me crazy. It never stops, ever:-(

RR, thought of you a lot today. Unfortunately it was because my ears hurt so bad. The noise is so loud I really think it will eventually drive me crazy. It never stops, ever:-(

:(

Thks, Angel!...Sorry about ur pain and tennitus. The only suggestion I have for you is to keep busy, sing songs (to override the noises)....I still have to sing myself to sleep (in my head) after all these years, too....Taking a long walk also seemed to help me. I admit, my concentration span is very limited, due to tennitus....Maybe join a gym?...Exercise can help also, and limit ur stress with every/anything.

My left ear, is now draining somewhat (after the surgery)...very little pain so far, but go back to the doctor Feb. 3. He'll probably just vacuum it all out. And I'm finally done with the antibotics!...He may/or may not start me up on them again when I go see him (hoping not). He's awaiting my decision for the CI....if the ear has not completely healed by Feb. 3, then I do have a very good case to reject it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back