What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There. About the airplane noise not bothering you, "You are funny". You see, I became deaf only 4 years ago. Since becoming deaf I sleep all night long now. Neighbors don't bother me anymore. Smiles. Here is my journey to becoming deaf. Becoming Deaf Late In Life

I am thinking I promised Bott a video. I am thinking of doing a storytelling one but it will have to be in Auslan. I may throw in a bit of ASL too, what I know anyway. (don't know if that's 'allowed' though :p I still have to figure out how to do a video post. When I do, I will post it up. Don't hold your breath though, you might go blue in the face and keel over :lol:

Thinking about the packing I need to do. So excited to get out of the apt in J-ville and get back in the country where I belong!! Hate big cities!!

I am thinking I promised Bott a video. I am thinking of doing a storytelling one but it will have to be in Auslan. I may throw in a bit of ASL too, what I know anyway. (don't know if that's 'allowed' though :p I still have to figure out how to do a video post. When I do, I will post it up. Don't hold your breath though, you might go blue in the face and keel over :lol:

Better transcript it. I just about manage to keep up in ASL. I don't know Auslan at all. :wave:

Wirelessly posted

Next week is a holiday for USA :D sleep in lol

I missed you

:wave:

Sorry to be away for so long again. I've been sick most of this past week, but I'm good now. I just felt bad enough that if I wasn't working or taking care of Maddie, I was sleeping. I felt like I had been run over by a live haul truck. I didn't even begin to feel anywhere near normal until Thursday evening. I also lost 8 pounds this week over this crap. Today was the first day I've been able to eat more normally, although my appetite isn't 100% returned yet though. I've been on a Sprite/Gatorade 'diet' most of the week.

Also found out that one of my friends from Tyson was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have a mastectomy as it was so widespread and she will not know until later this week if the doctors removed all of the cancer and whether or not she will need to undergo treatments. I'm hoping she's given the all clear.

On top of that I found out that a cousin of mine has been diagnosed with Addison's Disease. It's a disease that affects the adrenal glands on the kidneys where they do not produce enough hormones and cortisol and thus the immune system sees these glands as foreign objects that must be rejected. My cousin's BP was 60/40 and her HR was anywhere between 40-50 bpms. She will be at the hospital for the remainder of the week to get all of her hormones and bloodwork back to normal and she will be on medication for the rest of her life. If she doesn't take her medication as directed she could die and she's not one that takes medication very well. What makes this worse is that she just finalized a divorce a month ago and she's now a single parent. It's a good thing her sister, mother, and grandmother are all supportive so she's got a good support system to lean on.

Knowing this - I am more thankful for my health than before and I realize my 'crud' pales in comparison to what these two are going through. I tell myself daily - it could be much worse.

No need to apologize, you have alot to deal with right now, but please know that I missed you. You are very wise Dixie, and Maddie is so blessed to have a mom with such strength of body, mind and spirit. smile. Please keep that positive attitude and yes your so right, when ever I start getting the "blues" I remind myself to look around and remember things could be much worse. From my heart Dixie, I know you are a wonderful person who just needs a break, a chance and you will shine..Many Blessing to you and M. Try to keep Peace tucked away in some small corner of your heart..Midnight♥♥♥

AHh glad I snoozed in today... lol it was good to sleep in till a hour ago or so.. might do some things but dunno about biking around today depending on weather.. hmm... but nice to relax and think of stuff to work on or do..

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

I am amazed about how many people died from one tornado in Joplin, Missouri which happened yesterday. Poor folks down there. :-(

Babies

Today I will find out if I will have a niece or nephew.

So happy for you, and the mom to be. Babies are always a blessing. I wish you and everyone involved every happiness. Let us know, I hope it's a girl
laughing... Don't ya just love the way babies smell, they are miracles..
Midnight♥♥♥

Thinking if the good guys always win, why do I have trouble opening packages (that are sealed tight to prevent tampering by the bad guys), why we have to stand in line to have our bags checked (airports, amusement parks, etc), etc, etc. :(

Thinking if the good guys always win, why do I have trouble opening packages (that are sealed tight to prevent tampering by the bad guys), why we have to stand in line to have our bags checked (airports, amusement parks, etc), etc, etc. :(

They don't. They usually lose.

Better transcript it. I just about manage to keep up in ASL. I don't know Auslan at all. :wave:

I will do my best, not sure how fluent I will be in either sign language, but I will give it a go. :ty: Bott.

I'm thinking some people try to bluff on the silliest things to save face, when the best way to do is is just to shut up.:giggle:

thinking how proud I am of myself for confronting my not so good friend about her pregnancy this morning. Now, next goal...to help my other friend heal from this betrayal.

Also thinking how wonderful that my daughter texted me just to tell me that she loves me and that I hope to have a good day. AWWWW!

Thinking how lucky I am to be alive. As some of you know, I went to Kansas City yesterday for a Royals and Cardinals game, and that we (my brother, grandson, and I ) had our eye on the storm to the east as my brother was driving home, and that everything looked so pink in the sunset (it was around 7:45). What I didn't say was that two blocks from home, my brother hit a pothole while making a right turn onto a street. Immediately the car made strange noises from underneath it, but it wasn't far to go before he attempted to make a final right turn into our street. The steering had given out completely, and he slammed on the brakes right there, less than 200 feet from the house. We tried to turn the front wheels with our hands, no go, so we called a tow truck to bring the car the remaining distance into the driveway. In the last hour, my brother found a blogger who warned owners of 1994 Buick LeSabres (that was the "great deal" I bought last Fall) that there is a safety issue with that make and model: the subframe bushings can rust completely through, causing the subframe to drop, causing the car to be totally without control, and that the only way to inspect them is to remove the bushings and look closely at them. I was just reflecting on how we were given another chance in life. Imagine that happening traveling at 70 miles per hour on the highway. *breaking into sweat*

Thinking how lucky I am to be alive. As some of you know, I went to Kansas City yesterday for a Royals and Cardinals game, and that we (my brother, grandson, and I ) had our eye on the storm to the east as my brother was driving home, and that everything looked so pink in the sunset (it was around 7:45). What I didn't say was that two blocks from home, my brother hit a pothole while making a right turn onto a street. Immediately the car made strange noises from underneath it, but it wasn't far to go before he attempted to make a final right turn into our street. The steering had given out completely, and he slammed on the brakes right there, less than 200 feet from the house. We tried to turn the front wheels with our hands, no go, so we called a tow truck to bring the car the remaining distance into the driveway. In the last hour, my brother found a blogger who warned owners of 1994 Buick LeSabres (that was the "great deal" I bought last Fall) that there is a safety issue with that make and model: the subframe bushings can rust completely through, causing the subframe to drop, causing the car to be totally without control, and that the only way to inspect them is to remove the bushings and look closely at them. I was just reflecting on how we were given another chance in life. Imagine that happening traveling at 70 miles per hour on the highway. *breaking into sweat*

Wow! That's scary!!! Glad you guys are okay. :shock:

How frightening! Glad you are all ok!

Wow. I'm glad you're ok. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back