What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking how lucky I am to be alive. As some of you know, I went to Kansas City yesterday for a Royals and Cardinals game, and that we (my brother, grandson, and I ) had our eye on the storm to the east as my brother was driving home, and that everything looked so pink in the sunset (it was around 7:45). What I didn't say was that two blocks from home, my brother hit a pothole while making a right turn onto a street. Immediately the car made strange noises from underneath it, but it wasn't far to go before he attempted to make a final right turn into our street. The steering had given out completely, and he slammed on the brakes right there, less than 200 feet from the house. We tried to turn the front wheels with our hands, no go, so we called a tow truck to bring the car the remaining distance into the driveway. In the last hour, my brother found a blogger who warned owners of 1994 Buick LeSabres (that was the "great deal" I bought last Fall) that there is a safety issue with that make and model: the subframe bushings can rust completely through, causing the subframe to drop, causing the car to be totally without control, and that the only way to inspect them is to remove the bushings and look closely at them. I was just reflecting on how we were given another chance in life. Imagine that happening traveling at 70 miles per hour on the highway. *breaking into sweat*
Yep, a lot of people dont realize how important these things are. Also don't forget old driveshafts are pretty bad too.

Glad all is ok for you.

Thinking how lucky I am to be alive. As some of you know, I went to Kansas City yesterday for a Royals and Cardinals game, and that we (my brother, grandson, and I ) had our eye on the storm to the east as my brother was driving home, and that everything looked so pink in the sunset (it was around 7:45). What I didn't say was that two blocks from home, my brother hit a pothole while making a right turn onto a street. Immediately the car made strange noises from underneath it, but it wasn't far to go before he attempted to make a final right turn into our street. The steering had given out completely, and he slammed on the brakes right there, less than 200 feet from the house. We tried to turn the front wheels with our hands, no go, so we called a tow truck to bring the car the remaining distance into the driveway. In the last hour, my brother found a blogger who warned owners of 1994 Buick LeSabres (that was the "great deal" I bought last Fall) that there is a safety issue with that make and model: the subframe bushings can rust completely through, causing the subframe to drop, causing the car to be totally without control, and that the only way to inspect them is to remove the bushings and look closely at them. I was just reflecting on how we were given another chance in life. Imagine that happening traveling at 70 miles per hour on the highway. *breaking into sweat*

You are very lucky! I am glad you are all ok. :)

I'm also glad you are ok.

thinking how proud I am of myself for confronting my not so good friend about her pregnancy this morning. Now, next goal...to help my other friend heal from this betrayal.

Also thinking how wonderful that my daughter texted me just to tell me that she loves me and that I hope to have a good day. AWWWW!

And you should be proud of yourself. You are an ethical person.

Wow! I am so glad that everyone is okay! What a frightening experience, especially when you stop and think of what could have happened.

I am thinking of a nice long weekend at the condo dog sitting Bruiser :)

Thinking how much rain we've had. Rain, go away! Sun, come out!

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I will buy a mount kit and do the repair myself. Sometimes if you want anything done right, you do it yourself. (And yeah, PFH, I will check the driveshaft! Everything else seems to be in great mechanical shape!)

Thinking how much rain we've had. Rain, go away! Sun, come out!

Sun, go away from my place and rain come on down as we really need it. Stay away from AlleyCat for the next couple of weeks and fill us up, please.

I am thinking "Life is not always fair or just!"

Now, I am thinking, "Stay true to your own beliefs" "Do not lower yourself just for another's pleasure" and "Remember you own destiny".

I would like to say the matajan style is getting on my nerves last night at work :|

Thinking about the odd paradox. The people who are mid-aged regrets not going to school; the people who are in their 30s and under regrets going to school.

Thinking about the odd paradox. The people who are mid-aged regrets not going to school; the people who are in their 30s and under regrets going to school.

Seems alot of people in their 50's are going back to school. Even my mother is going back.

Hard to believe people regret going to school....maybe it's the loans. Or missing the start up boom

thinking "hurry get through the thunderstorms" I dont like flying through them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back