What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday my nurse who comes to apt and bandages my leg 3x a week said we were having snow and sleet and ice yesterday. I was like Snow WTF? this is almost April! Thank goodness it didn't snow even a quarter of an inch in snow.

So far it costs me about $35 to fill up my 2000 Honda Civic for $3.44 a gallon currently.

Thinking that hearies who are learning ASL don't "listen" well. For our last class we had a pot-luck dinner (with the other classes). There were signs all through the room that said "no talking, use sign". In addition to the dinner there were games set up around the room. I (and others) still did a lot of talking. I think those of us in the Level 1 class (and probably the Level 2 class) could be excused since we've barely touched on conversational ASL.

Thinking that hearies who are learning ASL don't "listen" well. For our last class we had a pot-luck dinner (with the other classes). There were signs all through the room that said "no talking, use sign". In addition to the dinner there were games set up around the room. I (and others) still did a lot of talking. I think those of us in the Level 1 class (and probably the Level 2 class) could be excused since we've barely touched on conversational ASL.

coming from a hearie... It takes hearies a long time to adapt to a deaf environment.. and especially if they're just learning sign even worse.. so just keep being patience :)

Okay - didn't realize I goofed. That should be $80 for the fill up.

That's interesting - my ASL class is trying to get us to do the exact opposite - our teacher keeps reminding us to simcom while we're still learning so that whoever we're talking to can read our lips to verify that we're actually saying what our signs mean.

..............Thinking about this weekend.... :)

Wish I could name drop, but I will be around some pretty awesome people this weekend.

coming from a hearie... It takes hearies a long time to adapt to a deaf environment.. and especially if they're just learning sign even worse.. so just keep being patience :)
I'm a "hearie" w/my HAs and I'm just finished Level 1. I was talking about myself being one of the one's not paying attention to all the signs. :lol:

That's interesting - my ASL class is trying to get us to do the exact opposite - our teacher keeps reminding us to simcom while we're still learning so that whoever we're talking to can read our lips to verify that we're actually saying what our signs mean.
I don't think they would have minded that. I did notice people talking as they signed. I thought it was funny how some of us started out whispering ... as if they wouldn't notice us talking. :giggle:

I am thinking that my clothes felt contaminated after a guy on the train barfed on my brand new shoes *whimpers*.....

I threw all my clothes and shoes in the laundry. Ugh *shudders*......

Now I'm going to hit the sack and pray I don't dream about vomits or anything like it.

I am thinking that my clothes felt contaminated after a guy on the train barfed on my brand new shoes *whimpers*.....

Now I'm going to hit the sack and pray I don't dream about vomits or anything like it.

That's so sad! :eek3:

Yuck !!! Get some sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back