What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime in November, usually. Hopefully we'll be lucky! Sometimes we see snow in October but it doesn't always stick.

Well, I hope it is nice and dry during your move in.....

All right.... I have secured the apartment for October 1st. Now I have 14 days to get everythîng ready. This should be a fun 2 weeks.

Mark
How did it go regarding accommodations? I got the impression that knowing when people arrived to see you what the most questionable.

Mark
How did it go regarding accommodations? I got the impression that knowing when people arrived to see you what the most questionable.

They said they want me to research getting a doorbell installed myself, and I do have a few different ways to do so, and getting one should not be too difficult.

Also, in relation to visitors and/or if they need to enter my unit, they said they would be willing to give me a call on my SVRS numbers or e-mail me. I gave them a card with that information on it, so they can easily reach me if needed.

They said I need to be moved in by 5 PM on the 1st, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

GIF-Sexy-Dinosaur.gif

Mourning the loss of my thousands of likes... :cry:

I didn't realize all the likes disappeared. I thought it was just the option wasn't there anymore. Huh. Botts, you've got your work cut out for you. You will just have to go back months and re-like stuff when it becomes available again. :)

Good luck! I hope the transition goes smoothly for you.

It would if I had a kitchen to work with. I was just reading the rules and regulations, and they don't have a kitchen in their units. That could be a problem for me, but I'll figure something out.

It would if I had a kitchen to work with. I was just reading the rules and regulations, and they don't have a kitchen in their units. That could be a problem for me, but I'll figure something out.

How in the world could you just find that out now???? I would never rent something without seeing everything FIRST!

How in the world could you just find that out now???? I would never rent something without seeing everything FIRST!

I did ask if I could see my unit, but it's currently occupied, so I'll have to wait. However, I'm pretty sure something can be worked out, but wait and see first.

Mark
Didn't you even see a floor plan or a show unit to know exactly what you are getting?

Mark
Didn't you even see a floor plan or a show unit to know exactly what you are getting?

Why are you concerned? Let me put it this way: I'm just happy that I'm not living in a HUD home for much longer. They may not have everything, but I knew what I was getting into when I applied. A compromise will be necessary, and I'm fairly sure one can be worked out. I'm not going to let a small thing like no kitchen dampen my good mood. Things will work out, and I'll be okay.

no kitchen isn't exactly a small thing though. Even an efficiency or studio apartment has a kitchen!

Seems like maybe there's a common kitchen for all units to share or something?

Just seems so strange is all.

no kitchen isn't exactly a small thing though. Even an efficiency or studio apartment has a kitchen!

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw in their rules/regulations that they do not allow any kind of cooking hardware. I can't bring my electric skillet with me, and I most certainly can't bring my cooking pan, either. However, I am currently working with staff on a compromise that will work out for all involved. The hope is to have a deal in place before Sept. 30th.

This could be for safety and insurance reasons .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back