What are you doing right now? Part II

Done informed my current landlord about my impending move. Surprised they didn't object to it.

Does the apartment have kitchen? What do you like the most about the apartment?

No kitchen, but cooking IS permitted, though. What do I like? Well, it's spacey, and it has skylights, which is kinda cool. It's also quite private, too. Best part, though, is NO BUGS. That's what I like the most.

No kitchen, but cooking IS permitted, though. What do I like? Well, it's spacey, and it has skylights, which is kinda cool. It's also quite private, too. Best part, though, is NO BUGS. That's what I like the most.

Did you check to made sure there are no bugs , cockroaches like to come out a night . Be sure to check all your belongs before bring them into your new apartment there could be babies roaches hiding in them. YUCKY !

Did you check to made sure there are no bugs , cockroaches like to come out a night . Be sure to check all your belongs before bring them into your new apartment there could be babies roaches hiding in them. YUCKY !

Yes, and there aren't any. Speaking of which, I'm going to be buying new bedsheets, as I fully intend to destroy the ones I have now. I do not intend to bring them with me, for that reason. I'm also planning on buying storage boxes this Friday, for the move, as I want to ensure they can't get into my stuff while I'm preparing to move.

I am starting to make a list of things I need to shop for this Friday, and again on Feb. 3rd. Most of the things I want to buy will have to be brought after my move as I do not want my current landlord seizing my cooking equipment. That being said, it might be a wise idea to set aside some money for that. I also need to set aside some money for a lamp for my alarm clock, as well.

Great news Mark. Hope the new place will be wonderful for you.

Oh, absolutely. When I visited earlier, I got a surprise: the landlady knows a little bit of sign language, which I was :jaw: about. Totally did not expect that. I think I will do just fine there.

I am starting to make a list of things I need to shop for this Friday, and again on Feb. 3rd. Most of the things I want to buy will have to be brought after my move as I do not want my current landlord seizing my cooking equipment. That being said, it might be a wise idea to set aside some money for that. I also need to set aside some money for a lamp for my alarm clock, as well.

Perhaps you can put some things on lay-a-way depending on where you shop for them.

Perhaps you can put some things on lay-a-way depending on where you shop for them.

That's a thought. I just may consider that option, if I do choose to do it that way. However, I probably won't buy my cookware immediately after I move. Give it 7-10 days, and then I'll do it. I may be familiar with that area, but I want to get to know the stores a little better.

Taking a break from cleaning up and organizing my stuff so that I can easily pack it up come Friday. I want as smooth a transition as possible, and getting started ahead of my Friday shopping trip will be beneficial later on. I've made considerable progress, so things are getting off to an excellent start. :D :P

I am trying to work myself to take my dog out again , it's so cold that my dog does not ant to stay outside very long. I him to get all his business done before the snow start to fly!

I am trying to work myself to take my dog out again , it's so cold that my dog does not ant to stay outside very long. I him to get all his business done before the snow start to fly!
What do you do if the snow gets too deep to go outside? If the drifts cover your doors? Do you shovel a tunnel?

What do you do if the snow gets too deep to go outside? If the drifts cover your doors? Do you shovel a tunnel?

I might try and have my dog pee on the deck , the snow will be so deep that it will not soak into the wood. I am hoping the guy that doing the plowing will have the smarts to shovel the snow off the doors. But I do not have much faith in that happening. He is using a dinky plow to plow out the parking spaces and I ask him why he is not using his truck which has a big plow and get the job done faster and better . He said it easier to use the small plow than having to back up his truck . I was like HUH? I lived here 30 years and everyone that plowed our whole driveway and parking spaces used a truck with a huge plow and had no trouble backing up to plow the parking spaces .
I have actually been shoveling the steps myself b/c the guy doing a poor job.

I had been planning on going somewhere to call Equip for Equality, until a friend contacted me with a password problem, so that's where I am headed to. He works at 2, so I gotta move quickly.

I am looking online for shopping deals for Friday. Trying to be budget wise, and also be careful not to overdo it.

Walmart has few microwaves for less than 50 dollars.

Yeah, I saw that. After I get all of my bills paid for, and have carefully constructed my budget to include my new rent, I should have more than enough money left over to get what I need. That is a huge change from where I live now, because this place has always been killing my budget, but that's soon about to change.

Back