What are you doing right now? Part II

No. Just the tire. Easier to do it that way. Pushing a bicycle with a flat tire is tricky, and hard to control. Thankfully, taking the tire off and putting it back on is easy to do, but here's the thing, though-- putting the rear tire on either bike is tricky, and has to be done a certain way. Not easy, but can be done. Only thing is, you would get your hands dirty messing with the bike chain.

pushing a bicycle with flat tire is tricky and hard to control? I see......

I rode motorcycle with deflated front tire back to my home to inflate the tire... I took my mountain bike out from storage room and both tires were flat... I simply push it down to get air... I'm trying to understand the "tricky" and "hard to control" part...

Yeah, I know. Used to be in the 1990's air would cost $.25, but the last time I went to an air pump station at a gas station, it was $.75, so I quit going there.

that's why I got my own air pump.

Did you even look at the listing with the photo? This is not a LIGHT bike. I can remember it taking two of us to put it in the trunk to take mine for new tires.

Yes, I did. I can see it's not light, and today's bicycles and those then are not the same. Also, there's the fact that I have had to carry them down the stairs at the Ravenswood station, which isn't easy to do.

Yeah, I know. Used to be in the 1990's air would cost $.25, but the last time I went to an air pump station at a gas station, it was $.75, so I quit going there.

Unless you pump your own with a hand, foot or one that plugs into the cigarette lighter of a vehicle a gas station is the main source of air in Centralia, IL. I just checked the phone book and we have a grand total of ONE bike shop.

pushing a bicycle with flat tire is tricky and hard to control? I see......

I rode motorcycle with deflated front tire back to my home to inflate the tire... I took my mountain bike out from storage room and both tires were flat... I simply push it down to get air... I'm trying to understand the "tricky" and "hard to control" part...

Strong winds. Made things a little complicated. Now I don't ride my bicycle if the winds are blowing over 20 MPH anymore.

Unless you pump your own with a hand, foot or one that plugs into the cigarette lighter of a vehicle a gas station is the main source of air in Centralia, IL. I just checked the phone book and we have a grand total of ONE bike shop.

There are hundreds of them here in the city. Chicago IS known as a bike friendly city, after all, with Divvy just around the corner here, and more on the way next spring. As for needing an air pump, not really, if there's a bike store nearby, not necessary. If I lived in the suburban areas, then maybe.

Yes, I did. I can see it's not light, and today's bicycles and those then are not the same. Also, there's the fact that I have had to carry them down the stairs at the Ravenswood station, which isn't easy to do.

oic.... yea my motorcycle wasn't exactly light either when it ran out of gas in the middle of highway and I had to push it from off-ramp to gas station... we're talking about 500ish pounds.... good exercise!

a bicycle is still heavy even from old time and now. you know why? cheap material. heavy bicycle = cheap. light bicycle = expensive. is your bicycle like 100 lbs or something?

Strong winds. Made things a little complicated. Now I don't ride my bicycle if the winds are blowing over 20 MPH anymore.

so go out when the wind is nice and calm....

Did any of you ever ride or even see a bike without a coaster brake? A coaster brake is one that lets the wheels turn even though the pedals are not being turned.

My aunt had a 28" of that type where you had to keep the pedals going or the wheels stopped turning! My first full size bike was a 24" that the folks bought used and it was stiff no matter how much you lubed it. We nicknamed in "Old hard to push". So there was a period where I had the choice between that one that took a lot of effort to pedal and my aunts that you had to keep the pedals in motion.

oic.... yea my motorcycle wasn't exactly light either when it ran out of gas in the middle of highway and I had to push it from off-ramp to gas station... we're talking about 500ish pounds.... good exercise!

a bicycle is still heavy even from old time and now. you know why? cheap material. heavy bicycle = cheap. light bicycle = expensive. is your bicycle like 100 lbs or something?

No. It had extra equipment on it, which made it heavier. I have since removed the extra equipment, and it's better now. I need to find the appropriate equipment for both bikes, and I think I found it.

No. It had extra equipment on it, which made it heavier. I have since removed the extra equipment, and it's better now. I need to find the appropriate equipment for both bikes, and I think I found it.

what equipments? do you have a pix of your bicycle? I'm curious to see its layout.

what equipments? do you have a pix of your bicycle? I'm curious to see its layout.

I have two. They're a work in progress, actually. I need to make a few upgrades to one of them, and a minor adjustment to the other. I am trying to obtain a back rack for both bikes, but I need a certain kind, and there is one I have my eyes on for both.

We used to have air pumps that mounted on the bike frame so that we always had it available, especially on long rides out in the middle of nowhere.

not working.. buhahaha oh what's new? I'm always slacking off at work. Can I just have a new job already?

Just got off the phone with my Credit Union Fraud Alert service. They called me because red flags popped up on my account.

All is well. Apparently I've been cyber shopping like a maniac, and they wanted to verify that all those purchases were made by me. :lol:

Back