What are you doing right now? Part II

I just checked with the front desk about moving the mattress, and they said it's okay for tonight only. For Sat and Sunday, no. I will check back with them at 6 AM tomorrow for a progress update, and go from there.

So if they dont fix it tomorrow, then what?

Sorry but that doesn't make sense at all.

This doesn't smell right and I think I would leave asap if I were you.

Just sleep on the floor with your blankets. At least for tonight. This is a weird situation.

Anyhow, still feeling upset. We buried hubby's horse today. I had to work this morning, so hubby and his folks, and his very kind neighbors who happened to have a backhoe, dug a grave. It's not far from where my 5 girls (2 dogs and 3 cats) are buried. They laid him with his horse blanket. I got there just as soon as they finished. It took 4 hours. His folks, who have the other horse now, are going to build a new horse fence near the house so she has more company. She whinnied today which was unusual. She knew.

So if they dont fix it tomorrow, then what?

Sorry but that doesn't make sense at all.

This doesn't smell right and I think I would leave asap if I were you.

If I could do so with a place to sleep, I would. And the maintaince people only work 5 days a week (Odd, I know), but they did leave a message, and I'm hoping I'll have more information tomorrow. I also contacted my staff, and let them know what happened, and they will get it tomorrow. For now, I'll make do with sleeping here on the floor, and hopefully I'll have enough information tomorrow to make a more informed decision. It is late, after all.

Just sleep on the floor with your blankets. At least for tonight. This is a weird situation.

More like unusual. I've not had any issues with property management where I used to live, but here? Lax, they are. That is one of my pet peeves.

Trying to find an ASL buddy :)

Hello Deafies and Hearies,

My name is Stacey and Im currently looking for buddies to skype/video chat with while I learn asl.

is anyone keen? I live in Australia but I am in love with ASL

thanks in advance

Anyhow, still feeling upset. We buried hubby's horse today. I had to work this morning, so hubby and his folks, and his very kind neighbors who happened to have a backhoe, dug a grave. It's not far from where my 5 girls (2 dogs and 3 cats) are buried. They laid him with his horse blanket. I got there just as soon as they finished. It took 4 hours. His folks, who have the other horse now, are going to build a new horse fence near the house so she has more company. She whinnied today which was unusual. She knew.

:aw:

It is an early rise- and-shine for me today. Will be headed downtown in w.a few hours.

Housekeeping. They can report any problems they see. And it's not a prison, although it sounds like one, but it's not. However, I will be the first to admit that this situation isn't exaxtly ideal, and I already made it known that I was none too pleased about it.
Housekeeping? You have housekeeping service?

This is beginning to sound more like a motel than a home.

I'm very sorry that you ended up in this situation. I thought when they moved you from the other place that this was supposed to be a step closer to independent living but now it seems like the opposite.

I hope you can get out of there ASAP!

:hug:

More like unusual. I've not had any issues with property management where I used to live, but here? Lax, they are. That is one of my pet peeves.
That is not "property" management--that is lifestyle management. :(

For property managers, they have too much control over your daily life.

I think you're getting a raw deal.

Housekeeping? You have housekeeping service?

This is beginning to sound more like a motel than a home.

I'm very sorry that you ended up in this situation. I thought when they moved you from the other place that this was supposed to be a step closer to independent living but now it seems like the opposite.

I hope you can get out of there ASAP!

I already told them that I called this place "undesirable to call home", and I'm hoping that will get their attention. And I made it perfectly clear I wanted out sooner than later. I also told them that my stress levels were not doing me any favors, and I made it very clear that this was unacceptable by my standards.

That is not "property" management--that is lifestyle management. :(

For property managers, they have too much control over your daily life.

I think you're getting a raw deal.

I KNOW I am. If I had any way to make them reverse course, I would. I made it very clear that waiting until next spring is NOT an option. I also told them that I wanted out before winter gets here, and I intend to keep up the pressure.

I already told them that I called this place "undesirable to call home", and I'm hoping that will get their attention. And I made it perfectly clear I wanted out sooner than later. I also told them that my stress levels were not doing me any favors, and I made it very clear that this was unacceptable by my standards.
Do you have an advocate or ombudsmen who can expedite your move?

Also, I hope you get to have more involvement in the selection of your next home. Perhaps starting with a list of your "must haves" and "deal breakers."

I KNOW I am. If I had any way to make them reverse course, I would. I made it very clear that waiting until next spring is NOT an option. I also told them that I wanted out before winter gets here, and I intend to keep up the pressure.
Yeah, especially in the winter you want to have a cozy, pleasant residence since you might be snowed in a lot.

Do you have an advocate or ombudsmen who can expedite your move?

No, I don't, but that's something to consider. And I will MAKE SURE that the next move suits my needs better, because I made that very clear.

Yeah, especially in the winter you want to have a cozy, pleasant residence since you might be snowed in a lot.

Yes, exactly. That is one reason why I intend to keep it up, and I will be putting a LOT of effort in getting them to do something.

I'm in the ongoing process of downsizing--whew, it's like a full-time job!

I can't do much each day but I'm making progress.

I'm in the ongoing process of downsizing--whew, it's like a full-time job!

I can't do much each day but I'm making progress.

Know what you mean. Though I don't have the physical limitations you have. I have the mental "get to work" limitations. :giggle:

Back