What are you doing right now? Part II

I was told the grass should be kept a little longer during a drought so it wouldn't burn up as fast so I was surprise when our landscaper cut the lawn last week now it looks like crap ! The rabbits are really getting hungry and thirsty too . It never been this bad before . :(
Depends where you are... sometimes this is true but if you suffer long droughts then it will not matter. Longer grass shades the dirt, thus the dirt can hold more moisture longer.

I have done the boxes. More work than I cared for. The clovers cover the whole yard, front and back..more for the beez than a box. :)

Depends where you are... sometimes this is true but if you suffer long droughts then it will not matter. Longer grass shades the dirt, thus the dirt can hold more moisture longer.
Yeah , I can see the dirt really good now and it bone dry. I live in Ma. and we had droughts but not a long as this one we're having . The duck pond is getting really low too.

I have done the boxes. More work than I cared for. The clovers cover the whole yard, front and back..more for the beez than a box. :)
Nice :D I am lucky and neighbors do not care what I do... they all think I am crazy anyways lol

Yeah , I can see the dirt really good now and it bone dry. I live in Ma. and we had droughts but not a long as this one we're having . The duck pond is getting really low too.
That is sad. Hope you get some good rain soon. Lately I have been having a lot of electrical storms with bouts of rain. Somethings are suffering, but I try to landscape with the shifty weather here...just hard to get things to live through the first year without watering. I do not water anything but my gardens. No reason to waste water...guess I spent too long in the desert lol

That is sad. Hope you get some good rain soon. Lately I have been having a lot of electrical storms with bouts of rain. Somethings are suffering, but I try to landscape with the shifty weather here...just hard to get things to live through the first year without watering. I do not water anything but my gardens. No reason to waste water...guess I spent too long in the desert lol
I hate wasting water too , I lived in Whitethorn ,Ca and people were very careful about not wasting water b/c their well wouldn't go dry. They took very short showers and some people bathe in the river to save their well water for drinking and cooking. So became very careful about using more water than I need to.

I hate wasting water too , I lived in Whitethorn ,Ca and people were very careful about not wasting water b/c their well wouldn't go dry. They took very short showers and some people bathe in the river to save their well water for drinking and cooking. So became very careful about using more water than I need to.
Lived in Las Vegas and Pahrump NV ... Pahrump gernally pulls from the aquifier, I do not know if any pull from city there, but Pahrump sits on one of (if not the) largest aquifiers... most do not worry about water waste, but it is the proper thing to do and everyone is careful... well almost. When I left Vegas was finally embracing desert landscaping and rembering that lake mead is quickly drying out... which is sad

:ty: I was able to take a nap while my dog took one too. I been getting very tried a lot lately .
Awesome that you got a nap in, dogs make good sleeping partners...being tired a lot is not fun... even with lack of sleep lately I am lucky ... still have energy to dance around the house while cleaning lol hope you manage to get enough sleep to kick being tired a lot.

I hope your friend will be OK . :hug:

Me too. Depending on prayer . She updated her fb status , she already knows her decision :( she's a Christian and said to me in messenger , " we are Christians , I will meet my savior"

Trying to find my way around the house at 4 am. There's no moon out out tonight so the house is crazy dark. And it's a big house so I've got my phone light on so I can see where the heck I'm going.

Back