What´s the difference between Reglious and Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jazzy, what kind of love were you speaking of?

Meg said:
I am not here to judge Y or Crazy or whoever. But yes it is because of the Bible. Many people follow Bible literally and see it as a black and white thing ONLY. Yes God helped many writers create up New Testament with their own gospels but it has been interpreted so many times by different people with their own perspectives.

I have read the Bible from the first page to the last page about 20 times and hold a great deal of respect and honor to it. But it is hard to know what is right or wrong when it comes to religions, fighting over what it really means.
I am always preached at by many different denominations, claiming htat their own religion is the RIGHT ONE.

Jesus does not want tos ee us arguing over who is RIGHT but rather let us follow his own teachings and examples. I prefer to follow Jesus's words than listen to a ranting person.

:gpost: Meggie

There needs to be less people arguing about which denomination is right, and concentrate more on Jesus' teachings.

One point that has always bothered me about the Bible... It was written by man, but people have said "But, it was inspired by God, and that makes it infallible." Well, in my mind, no it doesn't. It was still written by man, so therefore, it's imperfect.

We must read the Bible for ourselves, and get from it what we can. I really take issue with being told what the bible says, because, it's someone else's interpretation of it and not my own. I like to make up my own mind about things.

I have 2 bible stories books here. I got it from wedding gift. I enjoy myself to read the bible story and also search the internet if I want to know more anything.

I think it´s not necassary to go bible class. I would suggest you to borrow any bible stories book from libarary until you really interesting then buy one.

I´m neutral and not reglious but I beleive God and Jesus. I pray everywhere like what Jesus did instead of go to church.

I respect there´re kind of reglious with different beliefs. To me, I am neutral and enjoy reading the bible. I still do.

Oceanbreeze said:
Remember every translation bibles are translated group of people and never by one person.

You said that the man wrote the bible "but" the god wrote through the men. It is nothing with "but" and it is fact. Do you understand me?

Yeah I know sometime we can say wait minute it is written by men. But how could we trust that god wrote through men? It is all about Faith. If you feel the god did wrote through men then you will have Faith. If not then no faith. It is too impossible to understand the concpet of the bible if you don't believe that GOD wrote through men.

I respect your gust that you don't feel that the God didn't wrote through men.

Liebling:-))) said:
I have 2 bible stories books here. I got it from wedding gift. I enjoy myself to read the bible story and also search the internet if I want to know more anything.

I think it´s not necassary to go bible class. I would suggest you to borrow any bible stories book from libarary until you really interesting then buy one.

I´m neutral and not reglious but I beleive God and Jesus. I pray everywhere like what Jesus did instead of go to church.

I respect there´re kind of reglious with different beliefs. To me, I am neutral and enjoy reading the bible. I still do.

I'm the same way, Liebling. I consider myself neutral, but I also read my Bible, and take from it what was meant for me to get from it.

and Yadda Yadda Yadda...

To be "religious" is to practice religion, which is to participate and speak its vocabulary. "religious" is an adjective describing an activity while the "bible" is a book, just a collection of writings some people take seriously. You can be "religious" and use the bible, or not. :thumb:

Crazymanw00t said:
Yes everyday

Everyday? You said this for a first time. :confused:

I noticed that you has no feeling when some of members ranted about their past abortion condtions.

Everyday? You said this for a first time. :confused:

I noticed that you has no feeling when some of members ranted about their past abortion condtions.

Yes I didn't show the feeling(emotional) because I was separating the emotional and debate. I don't like to involve the emotional into debates. Anyway with that and I already expressed my emotional side of the abortion. Maybe you didn't read it all.

Some of hot threads got me wondering over that "judging" or "not judge".

I notice that the people who worship kind of reglious judge the people who had the sinned in the past which it´s not right.

Example:
Cheri´s post

Jesus would not judge murder, whore, etc etc etc. I´m wondering about the Reglious during Jesus time, either you know or not that priests who have different beliefs JUDGED Jesus and make him suffer until they let Jesus nail to death? Jesus do not judge the priests for that and STILL forgive them.

Did you know what King David did is wrong and sin because he is weak and to have sex with other woman? Did the God judge him for that? No, he forgive David.

The god also forgive Mose for make one mistake, too.

I am sure Jesus would not like anyone judge others for their mistakes but make a good listener and forgive their sins instead of judge them.

I will be back with more post soon.
Hi Liebling, Might i add that what you saying.. King david is was killed Bathsheba's Husband who king of the Hittite, he took her as his wife since he had affiar with Uriah's wife who got pregant by david. :thumb:

^Angel^ said:
I honestly do not want to keep debate on this, because I have my own belief, and what I believe in God, and you have yours as well, there's nothing really to debate about...I respect for whatever you believe in so please respect the others for what they believe in too....:)
Angel, You are right that someone else need to respect other who desverve whatever that person's own belief!..

Oceanbreeze said:
One point that has always bothered me about the Bible... It was written by man, but people have said "But, it was inspired by God, and that makes it infallible." Well, in my mind, no it doesn't. It was still written by man, so therefore, it's imperfect. I like to make up my own mind about things.
Yeah Yeah it is true... Yes! Scripture was written by Man... For example cities bulit and power by God, not man's hand.. you know what I saying!

As His servant Joseph said when asked for 'his' interpretation, "..Do not interpretations belong to God? by Gen 40:8." Indeed they do! If I want God's interpretation of a matter, the only sound hermeneutic for finding out what God means by what He has inspired written, is to ask Him. And I do that by evaluating His Word in comparison to itself. i.e., reading His Word, in the light of His Word. The Bible becomes it's 'own' interpreter, and it's pages it's own dictionary.

Liebling, AMEEEEEN!!! (screaming) YEAHHHH L I E B L I N G....you got exactly right points! I agreed with your saying of" it´s not necassary to go bible class. I would suggest you to borrow any bible stories book from libarary until you really interesting then buy one. ".... :naughty: .... praise LIEBLING**

Well, may I add your post over King David and Bathsheba?, ckfarbes

Well, King David had an affair with Uriah’s wife Bathsheba and got her pregnant. David arranged to have Bathsheba’s husband to be killed in battle because he KNEW the battle where the fighting was fiercest.

God punished David to let his first child with Bathsheba died within 7 days later after birth because David should not have sex with married woman and sent her husband to battle which he knew Uriah will be killed there.

David was a good king for about 40 years but his one mistake is to have sex with married woman and sent her husband to death. Anyway, he's still a good king. He was an extraordinary musician and poet, and wrote many of the Psalms in the Book of Psalms. He had many sons and daughters and died at an old age, and Solomon, his second son by Bathsheba, became the next king.

Reba said:
Yes, God did judge David for that sin. He caused the baby of Bathsheba to die. After David repented, then God forgave him.

God did judge and punish Moses. God never allowed Moses to enter the Promised Land because Moses disobeyed God.
100% correct! I agree with you. :)

Judge or not judge? The Bible teaches us that we can judge anyone for his wrong action, but we cannot judge anyone's heart. (Matthew 7) The Bible also teaches us that Christians can restore his bretherns or sisters. (Galatians 6:1)

Meg said:
But it is hard to know what is right or wrong when it comes to religions, fighting over what it really means.
I am always preached at by many different denominations, claiming htat their own religion is the RIGHT ONE.

Imagine yourself:

It is HARD to find a good soulmate.

It is HARD to find a good job.

So, what did you do?

You KEEP looking for one until you are satisifed, right?

Same here with church.

You KEEP looking for one until you are satisfied, right? So how do you start? Start looking for "their fruits" (good, wholesome, successful, no anti-religion talks, helpful, hearing positive news about them, etc). Visit that church and get the feel of it. If you like that church, then you're done. :)

~DV

wow a good posting....

other day, I was reading a bumper sticker on a car talking about god and religion...

somehow I passed the car bec it was going too slow for my speed,,, suddenly this car went around and cut front of me, swearing and all,,he was a minister/pastor whatever he was wearing white neckie thing with black jacket.

explain? I thought you were not supposed to judge people? even on road or walking??

I think religion/god has gone overboard with so many diff religions here. I do repect any people who have diff religions. got friends here who practices buddism, mormon, catholic, baptist, and many more....they are all diffferent religions with many different point of view.

ughh. its giving me an headache already about religion stuff.

There's a difference between religion and the Bible. The Bible is a "book" designed for a few types of religions such as Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, etc. Religion is what we worship such as what I recently mentioned plus Buddism, Islamism, etc.

That's the problem with today's society. People do things and blame it on their religion because they believe that their religion permits them to do so.

VamPyroX said:
That's the problem with today's society. People do things and blame it on their religion because they believe that their religion permits them to do so.

:gpost: Listen to this, about 95% of the wars in the past were related to religion issues! :( For example, Israel and Palestine. They are still fighting! Why? Religion difference issues! That's why.

:Ohno: I am afraid that Askjo may try to start a new war here on AD if he doesn't argee with our postings! :laugh2:

~DV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back