Wedding Ring

She is busy with teacher four class this semester. She will be visiting me for my 50th birthday in Dec. We will be going to Boston. She can't wait to seeing my new condo.

That sounds great! She is a sweet woman. :)

Sorry, I just was not sure who Andew was. It just sounded like Andew was a guy, not the late husband.

I asked my wife what she would do. She said she would leave it on her left hand till she dies. And if a guy she dating don't like it or whatever, he has to live with it.

There are a few people that I know who have gotten remarried after being widowed. They all took their old rings off and put them away in a special place but Kalista's idea sounds better.

. . . (Andrew) was my husband, he passed away November 2, 2006.

Kalista,

It hasn't been quite a year since Andrew died. The only question I have is: Are you sure you're up to date so soon? As for the rings, only you can answer what you need to do, I can't say anything or make any suggestions to you. As for the guys who are uncomfortable seeing the rings, I think, Kalista, you're not ready to start dating yet. Give it time, okay?

yea i undy how ur feeling abt that.. if i were u, i will keep the ring on ring hand so keep this in my life and wont get off since it special to me.. IF IF IF my hubby pass away, i know it will take while til i feel ready move to right hand so no one will bug me abt that.. and IF they ask me if i have date or married, i will tell them that my hubby passed away but he still in my heart no matter what.. if they say sowwy not mean to and i will say not worry that ok.. hugs hugs tight!

Hi! I have to say that I agree with TB as if it happened to me I will ALWAYS keep my wedding ring and show that I love my wife so much like I said I F! :) But if you feeling comfortable to stay on your finger go for it.... I know it is very TOUGH! it is not that very easy I know....

Here my :hug: tight!!

Kalista,

It hasn't been quite a year since Andrew died. The only question I have is: Are you sure you're up to date so soon? As for the rings, only you can answer what you need to do, I can't say anything or make any suggestions to you. As for the guys who are uncomfortable seeing the rings, I think, Kalista, you're not ready to start dating yet. Give it time, okay?

Well, I date with a hearing guy. It bothers him alot when he saw my engagement and wedding rings on my left hand. Otherwise, he did respect my wishes. We did not go into serious relationship at all. Just companison as friendship. I really like him alot, our schedule always conflict due to work different time and days. He works firefighter alot of shifts.

I do admire him alot because he is very respectful and gave me alot of affectionate what I need it. ;) He is so romanic man and freak New England Patroits just like Andrew. Oh gosh !

Some widow women and men do still wear their wedding rings until they die. As for my situation, Andrew and I only had one year marriage October 8, 2005. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary October 8, 2006. One month later, he passed away. Also, he purposal me an engagement on the valentine's day as he worked two jobs to save all the money to buy me a special diamond ring. I feel that ring is very valuable memories to me. Andrew is still around with me as gudarian angel. His ash vase is next to my bed since I purchase my new condo. I know, he is with two boys, two cats and me.

I would NEVER replace Andrew with someone else.

I didn't see this thread until today...

Mainly important is follow your own heart and don't worry what the people says about your wedding ring.

I have seen some people added their wedding ring on their necklaces with their dead spouse's wedding ring.

My hubby's 90 years old great aunt (R.I.P. Dec. 2000) wore her wedding ring and also her husband's wedding ring together on her third finger until she died. His husband killed at WWII.

My Dad had his 2nd wife's wedding ring to add with his wedding ring in his necklace. It's same with my father in law as well.

My father in law started to date 8 weeks later after death of his wife. We can't do anything to judge him when we have no understand for anyone who start date or re-married few days to weeks after death of their spouses because they had been married for many years but I can't do anything to judge him because it's his life.

For your situation, I see no problem if you start to date again few months to year after death of your belove one.

I didn't see this thread until today...

For your situation, I see no problem if you start to date again few months to year after death of your belove one.

Andrew told me, he wanted to seeing me date other good men a week before he died. I told him, stop it... I realized, he had his guts in his feeling, he knew that he would die in few days before he emphasized me. He doesn't want to see me to be lonesome entire my life. He did caution me, please be careful with other men who will use me. Did not want to seeing me go through like my ex.

I become more caution and stronger to resistant with other guys. Just follow my heart and guts whom I date with. I am not ready for serious relationship as I enjoy so much with many friends to hang around. I have not been single for many years.

ex for 12 years
Andrew almost 10 years...

I have not had single since I was 20's years old. The time will tell me when I will be ready. To be honest with you, I am scared to dating with guys nowadays. They just want sex and money. I declined three guys so far ! I am very proud for who I am. I notice, I become more stronger what Andrew did emphasize me to keep my eyes out there with men before he died.

He wanted to seeing me positive attitude and enjoy my life. I realize, he is always with me and two boys as protection.

Yes I can understand that Andrew do want you happy.

Yes I can understand that you do not feel ready to be relationship few days to weeks after his death... I really has no problem when anyone feel ready to have relationship few months to year after death of their spouses. I really see nothing wrong if anyone feel ready to have relationship. Ingore if the people talk nasty about you and your new relationship or your wedding ring... look your own heart, not listen them.

Not to be insensitive or anything.

But perhaps you could put the wedding ring on a necklace so you can keep it at close all the time?

Sorry to hear you're having some awkward moments, with people you meet, regarding your martial status.

Kalista,

Remember, what other people think does not matter. It's what YOU feel is right that is important :) If you want to continue to wear the rings, go for it. Just because he passed doesn't mean he is not in your thoughts anymore. He'll always hold a special place in your heart :)

:gpost:!! She said just about what I want to say. ;)

Take it off. I'm sure Andrew wants you to date other men after he passed away. Move on when you are ready.

Just follow your heart... It took me 8 yrs before i took off my wedding rings and gave to one of my daughter to keep in families.. passing to grandchildren...

If, it was me - I wouldn't take it off until the day I die.... that's IF, I don't plan to re-marry and still in love with my deceased husband.

And, of course - you just follow your heart what makes you feel comfortable. :)

If, it was me - I wouldn't take it off until the day I die.... that's IF, I don't plan to re-marry and still in love with my deceased husband.

And, of course - you just follow your heart what makes you feel comfortable. :)

It took me a difficult to make the decision. I put engagement ring on my necklace and wedding ring on my right hand. I feel funny without rings on my left hand. Next week, Nov 2nd is one year Andrew's pass away. :( Things are so hard on me since Oct 8th until Christmas this year.

I have been busy work, friends and family to help my mental and physical stabilization.

Back