weather?

I hate snow I'm so fucking glad I live in Texas! :D

:giggle: I hear you! When I finish school, I plan to move to Arizona. (You know where I live Lucia.) I can't wait to get out of here. LOL!

The weather here has been overcast with temperatures in the 30's and 40's. We don't have any snow on the ground, but I'm not complaining. :)

Ugh its been raining dogs n cats all around Knoxville today. Driving back to Knox from visiting my kid at my mothers was a totally hair-raising nervous experience cause the rain just kept on pouring like there's no tomorrow.

I love the snow and am staying with my sweetheart's home for new year eve about 23 inches of snow surround around us outside. News said that it still not relieve the drought for summer. we have plenty snow packs on the mountains.

Not far away from my parent's place to see awesome beautiful God like scenery with snow blowing and shiny sunny in dawn against the view of mountains I wish to photograph it.

:giggle: I hear you! When I finish school, I plan to move to Arizona. (You know where I live Lucia.) I can't wait to get out of here. LOL!

The weather here has been overcast with temperatures in the 30's and 40's. We don't have any snow on the ground, but I'm not complaining. :)

FYI, there are parts in AZ that get heavy snow annually so make sure u move to the right parts of AZ. :giggle:

Gonna rain on New Years day and on Jan 2nd, too.

FYI, there are parts in AZ that get heavy snow annually so make sure u move to the right parts of AZ. :giggle:

Shel,

LOL! I plan to live in the greater Phoenix or Tucson area. I haven't decided which city at this point, but it will definitely be one or the other. :)

Shel,

LOL! I plan to live in the greater Phoenix or Tucson area. I haven't decided which city at this point, but it will definitely be one or the other. :)

Tucson can get really cold in the winters and sometimes get snow but not a lot. There is a mountain in the middle of Tucson where people go skiing. I cant remember the name of it. It has snowed in Phx but like once every 10 years and it always melts as soon as the sun rises.

Today's weather along the Wasatch Front:

34°F maximum, 19°F minimum
Sunshine and haze

Inversion layer warning: as the layer of haze and smog will continue to build up in the next couple of days, degrading the air quality considerably. A storm may come in on Thursday, thus clearing the inversion layer away.

inversion_diagram.jpg

Choose Clean Air! - About Inversions

Tucson can get really cold in the winters and sometimes get snow but not a lot. There is a mountain in the middle of Tucson where people go skiing. I cant remember the name of it. It has snowed in Phx but like once every 10 years and it always melts as soon as the sun rises.

but it best location flagstaff where lot people who going there ski at flagstaff, AZ. FYI which it's north area at flagstaff than area PHX and Tucson.

moonsand tend come every time.. I think once a week but not sure..
I've been there for a month and enjoyed staying AZ lovely temp but quite very hottest.

but it best location flagstaff where lot people who going there ski at flagstaff, AZ. FYI which it's north area at flagstaff than area PHX and Tucson.

moonsand tend come every time.. I think once a week but not sure..
I've been there for a month and enjoyed staying AZ lovely temp but quite very hottest.

There are many places to ski in AZ. For people who live in Tucson, Flagstaff is like a 5 hour drive so it is easier for them to go skiing at a nearby resort.

Also, it depends if Flagstaff has a good winter with snow...there has been winters when Flagstaff practically got no snow in which hurted the skiing business up there. Lately, according to my mom who lives in Phx, Flagstaff has had good winters in the last few years. :)

There are many places to ski in AZ. For people who live in Tucson, Flagstaff is like a 5 hour drive so it is easier for them to go skiing at a nearby resort.

Also, it depends if Flagstaff has a good winter with snow...there has been winters when Flagstaff practically got no snow in which hurted the skiing business up there. Lately, according to my mom who lives in Phx, Flagstaff has had good winters in the last few years. :)

Ahh, My friend was telling me about this area flagstaff more than info but didn't bring info about other location likely phx, and tucson.. So btw thanks for info about it..
:)

Ahh, My friend was telling me about this area flagstaff more than info but didn't bring info about other location likely phx, and tucson.. So btw thanks for info about it..
:)

Oh u are welcome! :)
Yea...my grandmother lives in White Mountains in western AZ..there is a ski resort up there called Sunrise. Flagstaff is more well known nationally as a skiing town than any other resorts in AZ.

Shel,

How cold does Tucson get in the winter? When I was there back in December of 2001, daytime temperatures were in the 70's and evening temperatures were in the 40's and 50's.

I don't mind "cold" weather per se -- it's temperatures in the teens and single digits (or below zero) that I have trouble tolerating. I live in Wisconsin and we get plenty of frigid temperatures around here during the winter -- especially in January. Brrr! :cold:

Shel,

How cold does Tucson get in the winter? When I was there back in December of 2001, daytime temperatures were in the 70's and evening temperatures were in the 40's and 50's.

I don't mind "cold" weather per se -- it's temperatures in the teens and single digits (or below zero) that I have trouble tolerating. I live in Wisconsin and we get plenty of frigid temperatures around here during the winter -- especially in January. Brrr! :cold:

I never grew up in Tucson but I know that those kinds of temps you have trouble tolerating is very very rare in Tucson. In Phx, during a cold winter, the nights can go as low as 40 degrees and Tucson has always been 10 degrees cooler than Phx so 30 degrees there would be more appropriate. The daytime temps are what makes it nice during the winter. :)

for new years day it was a fabulous start of a new year 2007... beautiful sunny day but cool today.. the high was 44. it will be in 20's tonight.. brr..

I never grew up in Tucson but I know that those kinds of temps you have trouble tolerating is very very rare in Tucson. In Phx, during a cold winter, the nights can go as low as 40 degrees and Tucson has always been 10 degrees cooler than Phx so 30 degrees there would be more appropriate. The daytime temps are what makes it nice during the winter. :)

Those temperatures I could easily handle without complaint. :) I know it can also get *very* hot during the summer, but I'm a person who deals with the heat much better than I do the cold.

Those temperatures I could easily handle without complaint. :) I know it can also get *very* hot during the summer, but I'm a person who deals with the heat much better than I do the cold.

My husband is the same. I dont mind the cold here in MD during the winter as long there are no subzero wind chill factors.

Not sure if u already know this, but I grew up in Phx AZ and during the summer, when I was a kid, my friends and I would watch eggs boil on the sidewalk! LOL!

One time I had to take a tour of ASU before I started school in August and that day was 121 degrees! I thought I was gonna die cuz ASU is a HUGE open campus. LOL!

Today's weather was dreary and rainy. bllleeccch!

Shel,

LOL! I know exactly what you mean about ASU! :) When I visited Tucson in 2001, I took a tour of the ASU campus and couldn't believe how *huge* it was!

After the tour, a friend and I stopped in an ice cream place near campus. I can't remember the name of the establishment, but the ice cream was *so* good! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. LOL!

Phoenix must be *really* hot if you're able to fry eggs on the sidewalk! <grin> In my area, the hottest it has ever been was 105 degrees.

121 degrees? Wow! I know people always think the heat in Phoenix isn't that bad because "it's a dry heat" but hot is hot -- period -- with or without humidity.

During the summer we have more of a problem with high humidity levels. Temperatures can be in the 80's and 90's with humidity of 90-100%. When the humidity gets that high, it's a little too hot for me! :)

I have a question for you: When you relocated from Phoenix to Maryland, did you have difficulty adjusting to the colder climate of Maryland?

Back