Watching the Growth of Walmart Across America

really? aren't you a strong supporter of small shops and thrift shops? :hmm:

Sure, I do. I love bargain stores. You know what ? My man called me " My bargain woman ". :lol: I thought it was funny, but I am cool. LOL

Back to the growth of Wal-Mart, I did a store locator search on Walmart.com and there are 11 wal-mart stores within an hours drive in all directions from my zip code. That's scary.

Of course the nearest wal-mart is a 20 minute drive north.

I wonder which one is the BIGGEST walmart now.....when the Wal Mart opened down the road from us, it was said to be the biggest Wal Mart but it has been two years now.....so I'm sure there are bigger ones than the one I go to. Yes, it is big. IT has everything and open almost all night.

I know the Wal-Mart on Chenal in Little Rock AR is one of the biggest built - I have been in it numerous times and it is SUPER-HOOGE! One could easily get lost in there if they are not familiar with the standard Wal-Mart layout.

I do believe there is one in California that is bigger. We can always google up the biggest wal-mart in the sense of retail square footage.

Sure, I do. I love bargain stores. You know what ? My man called me " My bargain woman ". :lol: I thought it was funny, but I am cool. LOL

but you bought a bike from wal-mart... not bargain store. Wal-mart destroys bargain stores.

Well, Wal-mart is the closest I could go to.

EPIC FAIL! You just pushed the knife in deeper for bargain stores... I really want you to help me understand because I'm just confused... Your post says...

If you love bargain stores so much.... so much that your man called you a bargain woman.... then why did you shop at Wal-Mart? Didn't you know that Wal-Mart want to destroys all bargain stores? So am I to understand that you do love bargain stores but you don't really care if it disappears because of wal-mart?

If I had to choose between Wal-Mart and Target, I would definitely choose Target. Wal-Mart although a huge company, has very few selections in merchandise. If you notice nearly everything they sell is either an expensive name-brand item or its cheap wal-mart brand that's not worth your dime.

Wal-Mart brands:
Ozark Trail --> Outdoor gear
Sam's Choice--> mostly softdrinks, water, and other beverages
Equate --> mostly pharmacy items such as OTC medications, skin cremes, shampoos, etc.
No Boundaries --> Clothing, shoes, sunglasses, bags, accessories
Athletic Works --> Athletic shoes, workout clothing
Great Value --> mostly grocery items such as bread, milk, sauces, chips, spreads, etc.
Mainstays --> bath and bedding
Parent's Choice --> infant to toddler items such as formula, bottles, toys, clothing, etc.
Faded Glory --. denim jeans and casual shirts
Kid Connection --> children's items
Life --> men's underwear
Metro 7 --> newest line of women's appearel.
Puritan --> men's socks, underwear, t-shirts, etc.
Simply Basic --> family oriented and beauty products priced cheaper than the equate brandline.
HomeTrends/ Get It Together --> furniture
Canopy --> newest housewares line
Color Place --> paint
Durabrand --> ranges from electronics to recordable media
EverStart --> aka NEVERstart - walmart brand automotive battery.
Holiday Time --> Christmas items
ilo --> electronic equipment
Ol' Roy --> walmart's idea of a 'premium' dog food - laughable at best.
ReliOn --> healthcare brand
Spring Valley --> walmart health supplements
SuperTech --> walmart brand motor oil
White Cloud --> wal-mart disposable diapers
Other walmart owned brands found in the US and overseas:
George --> men's and women's appearel
Onn --> mid-level electronics brand
Baier --> electronics and does include a brand of LCD televisions.

Seems like Wal-mart has a monopoly as they make a Wal-Mart brand of nearly EVERYTHING!

EPIC FAIL! You just pushed the knife in deeper for bargain stores... I really want you to help me understand because I'm just confused... Your post says...

Hey, quit it. It is the economy that pushed the knife in deeper. Blame it on Bush, if you say that he left all the mess for Obama to clean up. Bargain stores will probably close. Whose fault was that ?

If you love bargain stores so much.... so much that your man called you a bargain woman.... then why did you shop at Wal-Mart? Didn't you know that Wal-Mart want to destroys all bargain stores? So am I to understand that you do love bargain stores but you don't really care if it disappears because of wal-mart?

Oh, yes I love bargain stores. I am not gonna give out where I live. And, of course I already knew that Wal-mart hurt the bargain stores. Why did the America allow them to build Wal-mart for ? What are the Wal-mart doin' in our country in the FIRST place ??? I didn't ask for them to build it. The bargain stores have been around for years until the economy screwed.

Am just wonderin' and the question is : Is the Government sellin' our country ??

Hey, quit it. It is the economy that pushed the knife in deeper. Blame it on Bush, if you say that he left all the mess for Obama to clean up. Bargain stores will probably close. Whose fault was that ?
whose fault? the Wal-Mart buyers like you. Bush/Obama Administration have NOTHING to do with bargain stores. It's the people who continue to buy at Wal-Mart. It's the local people who can decide whether or not to have the Wal-Mart built in their own town. Not federal government.

Oh, yes I love bargain stores. I am not gonna give out where I live. And, of course I already knew that Wal-mart hurt the bargain stores.
Lady... nobody gives a damn where you live. I gave out my location and I'm still here, si? So you love the bargain stores... but you bought bike at Wal-Mart... because of that - you killed the bargain store and encouraged the growth of Wal-Mart.

Why did the America allow them to build Wal-mart for ? What are the Wal-mart doin' in our country in the FIRST place ???
because people want it. people like you continue to buy stuff at Wal-Mart, thus encouraging the growth of Wal-Mart. Government or America has NOTHING to do with Wal-mart.

I didn't ask for them to build it. The bargain stores have been around for years until the economy screwed. Am just wonderin' and the question is : Is the Government sellin' our country ??
answer is no. it's you and other people who bought bikes at Wal-Mart. :lol: that's why bargain stores are dying.

And if the economy keeps going downward (which it will) then before long CEOs will be buying their undies from Wal-Mart, its called Life. :giggle:

So in this bad-economy Wal-Mart may actually fare better than other retailers as Wal-Mart is a common big box retailer that sells everything for CHEAP! Right now with everyone being laid off- everyone is thinking CHEAP!

If CEOs are dining at McDonald's rather than the McClaird's Pub, then its a sign that hourly workers will only further cut out unnecessary expenses such as blowing that extra paycheck to buy their kids name-brand shoes such as Adidas, and will instead have to buy them Athletic Works in order to pay the rent.

When the economy changes, consumers change their spending habits. When everyone is in the black you see more frequent expensive purchases, when everyone's in the red, you see more frequent cheap purchases in an effort to save money.

And if the economy keeps going downward (which it will) then before long CEOs will be buying their undies from Wal-Mart, its called Life. :giggle:

So in this bad-economy Wal-Mart may actually fare better than other retailers as Wal-Mart is a common big box retailer that sells everything for CHEAP! Right now with everyone being laid off- everyone is thinking CHEAP!

If CEOs are dining at McDonald's rather than the McClaird's Pub, then its a sign that hourly workers will only further cut out unnecessary expenses such as blowing that extra paycheck to buy their kids name-brand shoes such as Adidas, and will instead have to buy them Athletic Works in order to pay the rent.

When the economy changes, consumers change their spending habits. When everyone is in the black you see more frequent expensive purchases, when everyone's in the red, you see more frequent cheap purchases in an effort to save money.

and the ruthless advantage they have is.... they have so much money that they can afford to lose profits by going super-dirty-cheap... long enough for other stores to financially bleed to death... and then with competitors eliminated - they'll jack up the price.

ruthless! :mad2:

I love Wally World! AKA-Wal-Mart.

It is the absolute place to go. I do a lot of my general shopping there!

Maybe it is just me...Can not resist the smiley. :giggle:

Even though Wal-Mart is laying off workers by the hundreds, I think Wal-Mart is still going to make profits this fiscal year.

Back