Was There Just a Major New Chemical Weapons Attack in Syria?

Israel is already involved. It was their intelligence report that Obama was relying on to pin blame on Assad.

Iran has threatened to bomb Israel if we attack Syria. Russia and China left the UN discussion earlier today (they support Syria). The U.S., Britian, France and Germany all want to strike Syria.

Like sneakernet said ... the stage is set for a WW3 event. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail.

so you're saying both Israel and USA are liars?

problem is... if US backs off, so will other countries and UN.

I don't think it will happen.
When US back off, the higher pressure will go to UN. The other countries would be like "Hey UN, do something about Syria".

When US back off, the higher pressure will go to UN. The other countries would be like "Hey UN, do something about Syria".

I think UN deal with peacekeeping and they aren't intended to involve the war.

so you're saying both Israel and USA are liars?

No, Russia and China are. Also, the Syrian Government is too.

Let's clear the air here Jiro ... don't twist what I said around, ok?

What I said was ... I would like to see proof of what Obama is claiming. What I did not say .. and what I will say now is, yes, Obama is a liar. He is a politician. Politicians lie. He lied about Fast and Furious, he lied about Benghazi and I would not put it past him to be lying now.

The only time he is not lying, is when his lips are not moving.

I hope i made myself crystal clear and that there are no further misunderstandings of what I said.

UN is powerless without USA.

if UN enacts embargo on Syria... guess who enforces it? USA.

No, Russia and China are. Also, the Syrian Government is too.

I'm confused by your stance in here. Dozens of your recent posts in here are insinuating that Israel and USA are fabricating the lies and are trying to blame it on Assad.

no?

In my opinion, US should back off, and let UN take care of this mess in Syria.

I understand that US is part of UN, but there are other countries that can help UN without US help.

Even if a security resolution is passed, the UN can't organize a credible military force to enforce it. Nothing gets done there anymore, so of course US & UK are picking up the slack.

Russian conventional forces are too small and made up mostly of under trained conscripts, NO match for NATO. Though the Russian navy is bases at Tartus. I wonder if they will intervene? God help US navy if Russia deploys Oscar II class SSGNs!

I'm confused by your stance in here. Dozens of your recent posts in here are insinuating that Israel and USA are fabricating the lies and are trying to blame it on Assad.

no?

That why I put :zzz: in it and it is indicate that partial or all of his claim isn't true. He has to find it out. :lol:

I rarely believe him when involve with government issues.

no?

The US and Israel are not "trying" to blame the chemical attacks on Assad. They are blaming the chemical attacks on Assad.

The Russians and the Chinese and the Syrian Government are blaming the chemical attacks on the rebels. These rebels are the Al Qaeda. My question is, by blaming the chemical attacks on the Syrian Government, and attacking the Syrian government, would that not be the same thing as coming to the aid of Al Qaeda?

We need to stay out of this - we have no reason to interfere - they are not a direct imminent threat to the US.

The US and Israel are not "trying" to blame the chemical attacks on Assad. They are blaming the chemical attacks on Assad.

The Russians and the Chinese and the Syrian Government are blaming the chemical attacks on the rebels. These rebels are the Al Qaeda.
so... you believe the Russians, Chinese, and Syrian Government?

My question is, by blaming the chemical attacks on the Syrian Government, and attacking the Syrian government, would that not be the same thing as coming to the aid of Al Qaeda?

We need to stay out of this - we have no reason to interfere - they are not a direct imminent threat to the US.

to the aid of Al Qaeda? what? no it would be Syrian citizens.

so... you believe the Russians, Chinese, and Syrian Government?

to the aid of Al Qaeda? what? no it would be Syrian citizens.

I haven't said anything about what I believe other than we need to stay out of it.

Going to the aid of Syrian citizens? That is the job of the UN. Let the UN inspectors finish their investigation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...855348-1008-11e3-85b6-d27422650fd5_story.html

The U.S. dismissal seemed to put the administration and its allies at odds with the U.N. leadership. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, without setting a deadline or addressing the Syrian request for an extension, said it was “essential to establish the facts” and the U.N. team “needs time to do its job.”

I haven't said anything about what I believe other than we need to stay out of it.
yes I know. that's why I'm asking you.

Going to the aid of Syrian citizens? That is the job of the UN. Let the UN inspectors finish their investigation.

U.S. rejects Syrian request that U.N. inspectors stay longer, possibly delaying military strike - The Washington Post
right. just making sure you got it right. it's going to the aid of Syrian citizens.... not Al Qaeda.

yes I know. that's why I'm asking you.

right. just making sure you got it right. it's going to the aid of Syrian citizens.... not Al Qaeda.

Bombing the Syrian Government is going to the aid of Al Qaeda. The Syrian Government is currently at war with Al Qaeda (in case you missed it):

Syrian rebels pledge loyalty to al-Qaeda

And at the time of this post ... absolutely nothing has been shown to prove Assad was behind the chemical attacks and the UN inspectors have not finished their investigation. Until that happens, and until there is a UN security council discussing the evidence, we (as in the US) should take no action.

Bombing the Syrian Government is going to the aid of Al Qaeda. The Syrian Government is currently at war with Al Qaeda (in case you missed it):

Syrian rebels pledge loyalty to al-Qaeda

And at the time of this post ... absolutely nothing has been shown to prove Assad was behind the chemical attacks and the UN inspectors have not finished their investigation. Until that happens, and until there is a UN security council discussing the evidence, we (as in the US) should take no action.
yes - it's best that we stay out of it but what do you think what we should do if Syrian Government did in fact use chemical weapon on civilians?

I guess it's tough luck for them and we still need to stay out of it and let UN do the quibbling with them.

yes - it's best that we stay out of it but what do you think what we should do if Syrian Government did in fact use chemical weapon on civilians?

I guess it's tough luck for them and we still need to stay out of it and let UN do the quibbling with them.

i agree

Right now it is still a "what if" question - and one that needs to be settled by the UN investigators.

If the UN concludes beyond a reasonable doubt that Assad was responsible for the chemical attacks, then yes, he and anyone else responsible, needs to be punished.

I would add to this ... if we decide to do any punishment, we should wipe out the Syrian Al Qaeda rebels while doing so. It makes no sense to me to enable the spread of radical Islam.

Right now it is still a "what if" question - and one that needs to be settled by the UN investigators.

If the UN concludes beyond a reasonable doubt that Assad was responsible for the chemical attacks, then yes, he and anyone else responsible, needs to be punished.

I would add to this ... if we decide to do any punishment, we should wipe out the Syrian Al Qaeda rebels while doing so. It makes no sense to me to enable the spread of radical Islam.

all for more reason why we should stay out.

We should stay out of it. If we are going to intervene in a war, we should take on the street wars in Chicago.

We should stay out of it. If we are going to intervene in a war, we should take on the street wars in Chicago.
Shouldn't Assad be arrested for a mass murder if UN finds him being held accountable? How would UN get him?

Shouldn't Assad be arrested for a mass murder if UN finds him being held accountable? How would UN get him?

Our country kills over 1 million babies every year....we are really in no position to be judging others. I don't support the UN either.

Back