Want to buy your analog or hybrid BTE hearing aid

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a used analog or hybrid BTE (behind the ear) hearing aid in good condition.

If you have one that you no longer use (or haven't used), please contact me via PM or email to webmaster(at)alldeaf.com.

The problem with my digital hearing aid is that it identifies music as noise and attempts to drown it out. I've had my audiologist try to fix this, but it's not working and it's very difficult when listening music or playing guitar with a band.

Thanks.

I haven't had that problem with my digitals.

any news ? Have you found out any ha yet

Your digital hearing aid does that? My digital hearing aid doesn't. My digital hearing aids has 3 programmed modes. I choose how I want those modes programed. Originally, it was normal mode (good for conversations; anti-feedback), crowd mode (good for conversations in crowded places; drowns out background noise), and phone mode (for use with the phone). Since I don't use the telephone, I had her replace that mode with MTV mode (music-television). Since music and sound effects from television are often read by the digital hearing aid as "feedback", it will activate anti-feedback. However, the MTV mode has no anti-feedback since that's been turned off. So, in that mode... I hear everything, but if I put my hand over my hearing aid, I will likely get a feedback while other modes won't.

You can buy brand new siemens Super Power BTE hearing aid,analog or digital for between 200-400+ bucks,depending on model and type,from a guy off ebay.These are brand new in the box.

I bought 2 from him the last few years.I paid 220 for the strongest analog bte he had and my audiologist told me he was shocked I got it that cheap.It would have costed me 1500 through the audiologist for the same hearing aid....You may need an audiologist to adjust the aid,but I did it myself at home with them micro screw drivers.

If you or anyone needs more info,PM me.I can give you the guys contact I got mine from.INS would not pay and I bought mine brand new,not refurbished,at incredible prices.I had one break due to sweat/moisture damage and sent it back to the seller under warranty and he got it fixed in record time.Absolute stand up guy I dealt with.Just wanted to pass this along.Im not affiliated with the seller in any way,just a customer.

I think it's not a good idea to buy a used hearing aid because you need to get the right kind of hearing aid to match you. It's kinda like getting the right glasses for your eyes.

Some hearing aids are not powerful enough to suit you or too powerful for you. Need something that is just right for your needs. That's my opinion....I would rather buy brand new than used ones.

Anyone that has sent me a PM check your email...I could not find a reply to send to a PM on here so I had to use the email box to send the messages.
:cool:

I think it's not a good idea to buy a used hearing aid because you need to get the right kind of hearing aid to match you. It's kinda like getting the right glasses for your eyes.

Some hearing aids are not powerful enough to suit you or too powerful for you. Need something that is just right for your needs. That's my opinion....I would rather buy brand new than used ones.
Actually, hearing aids can be modified when you visit an audiologist.

My hearing aid is digital. If I were to give it to someone else, they can simply take it in and have it modified.

The same goes for analog hearing aids. :thumb:

Well I only have one analog blue hearing aid if you want it. Its phonak pico-forte PP-C-L-P-2
Its for moderate hearing loss, do you have moderate hearing loss? It's still in good condition I can't use it because I'm wayyyy too deaf for it now lol

Actually, hearing aids can be modified when you visit an audiologist.

My hearing aid is digital. If I were to give it to someone else, they can simply take it in and have it modified.

The same goes for analog hearing aids. :thumb:

Well, some hearing aids are not powerful enough to match your hearing needs, so need something with more power. Audiologist gives you that answer and you know what hearing aid to get. You cannot just go get a hearing aid without an audiologist hearing results.

Well, some hearing aids are not powerful enough to match your hearing needs, so need something with more power. Audiologist gives you that answer and you know what hearing aid to get. You cannot just go get a hearing aid without an audiologist hearing results.

I used my most recent audiogram as guide to select which hearing aid I wanted to buy.With that info,I looked at the new hearing aid the seller had and they each had charts to where they would work best,either severe,profound,moderate loss etc.Different models for different amounts of losses.

I found the one that suited my audiogram best.If in doubt just buy the most strongest one they have.It will never be too loud,just turn the volume down if it is.

I used my most recent audiogram as guide to select which hearing aid I wanted to buy.With that info,I looked at the new hearing aid the seller had and they each had charts to where they would work best,either severe,profound,moderate loss etc.Different models for different amounts of losses.

I found the one that suited my audiogram best.If in doubt just buy the most strongest one they have.It will never be too loud,just turn the volume down if it is.

I wouldn't want something that's overkill for my ears. :-P I just don't want to buy used hearing aids from people, you never know...the next day they break or next week. I would rather buy new, period.

I wouldn't want something that's overkill for my ears. :-P I just don't want to buy used hearing aids from people, you never know...the next day they break or next week. I would rather buy new, period.

Hence I said "New" as well.I wont buy used...I bought a new one that later broke and sent it back under warranty before.Love the warranty!

That being said,alot of people know the costs of new aids and get the sticker shock of the price tag.So they assume maybe buying a used one for half the price is or less is ideal for them.

I found new hearing aids at prices way lower than some used ones on the market.I saved over a thousand bucks.No need to buy used when shopping around unless say someone here on this forum has a great set for a great price.Im sure alot of the regulars here are pretty honest about what they have for sale.

Hence I said "New" as well.I wont buy used...I bought a new one that later broke and sent it back under warranty before.Love the warranty!

That being said,alot of people know the costs of new aids and get the sticker shock of the price tag.So they assume maybe buying a used one for half the price is or less is ideal for them.

I found new hearing aids at prices way lower than some used ones on the market.I saved over a thousand bucks.No need to buy used when shopping around unless say someone here on this forum has a great set for a great price.Im sure alot of the regulars here are pretty honest about what they have for sale.

Sounds interesting. I do want to buy new hearing aids for less than what audiologist usually charge. My old hearing aids broke and I have to pay to get it repaired and it's too old and I decided to ditch them. If you want to continue to talk about it, let's do that in private message.

Sorry for the off point.

Sounds interesting. I do want to buy new hearing aids for less than what audiologist usually charge. My old hearing aids broke and I have to pay to get it repaired and it's too old and I decided to ditch them. If you want to continue to talk about it, let's do that in private message.

Sorry for the off point.
You must have not read post number 4...go read it.PM if you have any questions.Im always glad to help!!

Back