Want to ask any Parents who gone to college and put their kids in daycare

friendlymom21

Reaction score
Hi I'm a single mother with 1 daughter who 6 months old and I'm thinkin about go back to college maybe this summer or the fall do any of u think good idea go back to college and some colleges do have early childhood education/ daycare, study at home with a computer or what other options is best??

im been gone college for semester and not so WELL! because the college really rough for me.

i told my mom i would must going college and getting degree but im study to become Early Childhood Development since i was in Senior at Kansas School for the Deaf that why my favorite subject but my mom forces me to leaves the colleges that totally no EXCUSES!

and i would must still at college in North Little Rock,Ar called Pulaski Tech College but i tried told my mom about i would hires tutor for study with my subject! but its too late for me leave this college thanks to my mom!

Hi I'm a single mother with 1 daughter who 6 months old and I'm thinkin about go back to college maybe this summer or the fall do any of u think good idea go back to college and some colleges do have early childhood education/ daycare, study at home with a computer or what other options is best??

Why not try out the online courses as you know it's gonna be tough to discipline yourself to do the work while looking after your baby. If this doesn't work, then try go to night school courses then go full time for one semester, as I think most colleges do have daycare that will help you out as well.. Never too late to learn smile!! wish you all the best of luck!!! Bless your heart!!

Important u follow your heart...if going back to college is something that feels right for u, then go for it!!! :)

When I went to Gallaudet, my daughter was 2 and 1/2...I put her in a daycare..I felt torn but I made it.

Good luck!

you have the two options

1. why don't you study online through programs. you stay at home with
kid

2. you need to see Voc Rehab abut daycare if you are full time student

thats all i said.. Good Luck

It all depends on your situation and what you prefer. Many colleges, especially community colleges has on-campus daycare which you can bring your child to. But be careful, alot of 'em requires that you sign up early, as there's usually a long ass wait list. If you have lots of family & friends who can help you out by babysitting while you're at classes or to give you a few hours a week by yourself so you can do homework/studying without having lots of distractions by your child needing to be fed, changed, rocked to sleep, etc... that's a great option too!

And the other option as you've mentioned, staying at home using your own computer and taking online classes are also a great idea too! It just all depends on the type of classes you want/need to take, and your preferences/situations. I don't want to stress you out even more by saying this but please understand, that by taking online classes at home, you have to be very willing and motivated to make sure you actually find the time to do your homework, studies, and take the time to go on campus to take our tests as many colleges, espcially community colleges makes their students come in to take tests at the testing centers, for all types of classes. Also, remember that due to our Deafness, you are eligable to have longer testing times, that's usually worked out by you talking to your school counsleor and your professor/instructor then you're either instructed to go to the testing center or to the 'specical needs dept'. >gag, I hate saying that!<

I wish you the best of luck!!! You can do it! Just think +!!!!

Try it part-time, or online if you can do it, which will help. Have all the classes like on Tu/Th so it's only two days a week or something. I am out of college now, but work full time now that my boy is three. School is good for him, though if you can hold off until about one, I'd personally recommend it. Maybe take one course to get your arms around it and see how it goes. A six-month old is work, so maybe take just the one to get into a routine and rhythm and slowly build up. Do you work?

A

i've been to college with a son.. i'm a full time single father myself..

went to college took my son to daycare and take class at college.. and no my college didn't provide daycare.. but i took my son to another daycare and state pays for it. it helps alot. don't let a kid prevent you from going to college.. you can still do it and study and success even if you're single mother/father :D

Back