Wal-mart

I love shopping at Wal-Mart, people who work there are always friendly and helpful. I have no problem with them. ;)

That's because you never see what the employers do us employees from behind the curtains, so to speak.

I've been yelled at, told to turn my hearing aid up when they know I am deaf, watched them yell at other employees, seen them call us idiots.

Seen a framed letter from EEOC posted on top of the timed clock about a violation of medical privacy laws when an employer asked personal questions regarding a medical condition with one of the employees. They got sued and settled out of court.

One employer got killed while operating a forklift, they keys was not taken away from the truck driver as a safety precaution to prevent accidents and the driver pulled out at the same time the fork lift operator was exiting the cab. The driver tried to jump out, but fell to the pavement with the forklift landing on top of the driver, crushing him to death.

Walmart tried to cover it up and was found out about the attempted coverup and was dealt with in court along top of the widow filling a lawsuit for wrongful death which was settled out of court.

Safety violations is the norm in the back area of the stores, people get hurt all the time.

I nearly got run over by forklift operators and complaints been made w/ no avail. Another employee had his foot crushed when a faulty skid (wood stacks on top of other products) snapped, causing half of the boxes to fall off and landed on his leg, crushing his foot. The skids was not inspected properly before being used.

Of course, then you have sucky customers yelling about everything because they're not getting the product they want, refunds on items that have no receipts, or outdated receipts or no refunds on stuff that came from a non-walmart store. Or things not going their way because they're not getting 1) discounts 2) it's not free 3) anything they can get away with cheap or free
4) oh they bitch when we refuse outdated coupons or non match coupon because they didn't buy the product, but wants us to use it anyway.

People want to break up products and just buy one of the items of of the package and we don't do that, so they throw a temper tantrum.

Racists yelling at people calling them racists because they're not getting their way, especially when they get caught stealing and yank out the race card just BECAUSE they got caught!

Had a racist call a white kid a racist when he called coffee "black" :roll: (a scam to get free coffee obviously)

Before you complain about a employee, remember, they work hard for their paycheck just like you do and they need it to feed their families just like you do. Just like you, you can come to work grumpy and don't feel all friendly, especially when one comes to work sick but need the paycheck. So if you get an employee fired because you didn't like the person not smiling, will you feed their families??? Didn't think so.

We deal with BS everyday from employers, co-workers and customers because we need the paycheck.

So before you jump on our butts, read this forum

customerssuck.com and understand what they go through everyday at work in ALL various types of work, retails, motels, hotels, fast food industries and so on and stories about employees dealing with employers and of course employers dealing with employees. Everything is covered.

Thanks

Yiz

The Wal-mart bingo card is mean-spirited and rude. Maybe the uber wealthy laugh at us middle class working stiffs the same way? It's not kind or compassionate.

:gpost:

That's pretty much what I said:

This site is a prime example of how comedy has stooped to a new low. Making fun of people's physical limitations and their oddities is not a laughing matter.

I think that bingo card is a bit mean spirited, my wife is a double amputee (no legs) and she shops at walmart because we can't afford Target or any of the high end stores, except maybe Kroger.

So is my wife the weird one because she has no limbs and is in the wheelchair?

Yiz

Some people have to shop at Wal-mart. I don't blame or judge them. Wal-mart employees have to shop there because Wal-mart pays them so little. Many of the employees are eligible for medicaid. That's sad.

It's one thing to laugh at a dude who is crazy enough to wear smilie face boxers in public. It's another to make fun of people for things that they cannot help, including being poor or having some kind of physical problem.

yizuman said:
Before you complain about a employee, remember, they work hard for their paycheck just like you do and they need it to feed their families just like you do. Just like you, you can come to work grumpy and don't feel all friendly, especially when one comes to work sick but need the paycheck. So if you get an employee fired because you didn't like the person not smiling, will you feed their families??? Didn't think so.

We deal with BS everyday from employers, co-workers and customers because we need the paycheck.

customerssuck.com and understand what they go through everyday at work in ALL various types of work, retails, motels, hotels, fast food industries and so on and stories about employees dealing with employers and of course employers dealing with employees. Everything is covered.

Thanks

Yiz

:confused: All I've said was I love shopping at Wal-Mart, blah blah blah, How is that jumping on your butt? and how was I complaining about the employees? I've said they're friendly and helpful. If you have an issue with Wal-Mart that's your problem not mine, so don't make your problem my problem.

If your employer behaving unprofessionally or verbal abusively, deal with the management chain (owner) and get it resolved. I'm not going to apology for sounding harsh, You jumped on me for no reason howsoever. If you're really unhappy at Wal-Mart then find another job. Good day sir. ;)

I agree that some folks have no other choice, when I was working with clients with developmental disabilities, we sometimes did shop there as many of the clients were on low, fixed incomes. What I dislike is in regard to corporate policies that disenfranchise workers at the WalMart as well as elsewhere....there's a reason why those prices are so low, and it's not because someone is trying to be "nice"

I think that bingo card is a bit mean spirited, my wife is a double amputee (no legs) and she shops at walmart because we can't afford Target or any of the high end stores, except maybe Kroger.

Yiz

What's the bingo card about?

:confused: All I've said was I love shopping at Wal-Mart, blah blah blah, How is that jumping on your butt? and how was I complaining about the employees? I've said they're friendly and helpful. If you have an issue with Wal-Mart that's your problem not mine, so don't make your problem my problem.

If your employer behaving unprofessionally or verbal abusively, deal with the management chain (owner) and get it resolved. I'm not going to apology for sounding harsh, You jumped on me for no reason howsoever. If you're really unhappy at Wal-Mart then find another job. Good day sir. ;)

You weren't complaining, just giving you what's behind the curtains and it happens across the country.

Haven't you read the memo?

WakeUpWalMart.com: Wal-Mart's secret memo

Yiz

:confused: Sorry I'm not understanding what you're saying. Can you rephrase?

There's transcript under picture in People of Wal Mart website, it seems helpful for you to find out about what happened to picture.

That's because you never see what the employers do us employees from behind the curtains, so to speak.

I've been yelled at, told to turn my hearing aid up when they know I am deaf, watched them yell at other employees, seen them call us idiots.

Seen a framed letter from EEOC posted on top of the timed clock about a violation of medical privacy laws when an employer asked personal questions regarding a medical condition with one of the employees. They got sued and settled out of court.

One employer got killed while operating a forklift, they keys was not taken away from the truck driver as a safety precaution to prevent accidents and the driver pulled out at the same time the fork lift operator was exiting the cab. The driver tried to jump out, but fell to the pavement with the forklift landing on top of the driver, crushing him to death.

Walmart tried to cover it up and was found out about the attempted coverup and was dealt with in court along top of the widow filling a lawsuit for wrongful death which was settled out of court.

Safety violations is the norm in the back area of the stores, people get hurt all the time.

I nearly got run over by forklift operators and complaints been made w/ no avail. Another employee had his foot crushed when a faulty skid (wood stacks on top of other products) snapped, causing half of the boxes to fall off and landed on his leg, crushing his foot. The skids was not inspected properly before being used.

Of course, then you have sucky customers yelling about everything because they're not getting the product they want, refunds on items that have no receipts, or outdated receipts or no refunds on stuff that came from a non-walmart store. Or things not going their way because they're not getting 1) discounts 2) it's not free 3) anything they can get away with cheap or free
4) oh they bitch when we refuse outdated coupons or non match coupon because they didn't buy the product, but wants us to use it anyway.

People want to break up products and just buy one of the items of of the package and we don't do that, so they throw a temper tantrum.

Racists yelling at people calling them racists because they're not getting their way, especially when they get caught stealing and yank out the race card just BECAUSE they got caught!

Had a racist call a white kid a racist when he called coffee "black" :roll: (a scam to get free coffee obviously)

Thanks

Yiz

I have agree with you about situation with wal mart, however you shouldn't point at Cheri if she love to shopping since it is her choice.

Yiz

Some people think it is weird since others aren't but for me, I don't consider your wife as weird because of no limbs due medical reason, I do feel bad for people who lose their limbs, I couldn't imagine about how tough is life.

There's always weird people everywhere...no matter what. Weird people tend to shop at cheap stores, that's what I've noticed.

Yup, I know but I was point about wal mart has too many weird people, alot and bad as GameStop, IMO.

The only reason I love shopping at Wal-Mart is because of their low prices, why buy a product somewhere else for more when I can get the same product at Wal-Mart for less?

The only reason I love shopping at Wal-Mart is because of their low prices, why buy a product somewhere else for more when I can get the same product at Wal-Mart for less?

It would depends on store, some prices at other store is less than wal mart, usually come with ads and compete against others, yes, wal mart is tends to have lower price than other stores. If you want find at very lower price for groceries and items so you could go to army base but you need have family or spouse to be member of US military.

Wal-mart has lower prices on lower quality merchandise. The better quality merchandise is often about the same price as other stores.

It would depends on store, some prices at other store is less than wal mart, usually come with ads and compete against others, yes, wal mart is tends to have lower price than other stores. If you want find at very lower price for groceries and items so you could go to army base but you need have family or spouse to be member of US military.

How about if we are part of a deaf military just like rest of us as AD users to get better discounts? :hmm:

How about if we are part of a deaf military just like rest of us as AD users to get better discounts? :hmm:

If you have hearing spouse that is military so it is fine, if you aren't military or don't have family that who is military so you can't go.

Back in the late 1970's there was a popular insult that went "You are ugly and your mother dresses you funny". It was rude, it was mean, but in some instances funny. Only funny when not true.

I dont like to make fun of folks...BUT...I would also point out that folks in silly boxers in a public place usually dress themselves. (those dressed by others usually look much nicer) It (the website) is in my humble opinion, comparable to the US magazine or website and just as trashy. US or People or whatever magazine makes comments on celebrities, the folks of wally world website is our equivalent of those mags and websites. Instead of making a big deal of which celebrity wore what atrocity to such and such gala, we must make fun of one another for what we wore to wally world. Lets face it, that can be as big a deal to some of us as going to a fancy party is for a celebrity. It is way fancier than Dollar Tree. I do not assume to stand on higher ground and point, but to stand on equal ground and laugh outright. hahaha, they didnt get my photo this time. (yet) heh

You know I am doing this in the vein of sarcasm, but there is a ring of truth to it. It is true that my photo isnt posted there yet... when they catch me, I will be very recognizable and I hope that you get a good giggle.

Think of a biker group. There is a wit to calling a 1000 pound hog motorcyle a "scooter" or calling a 300 pound biker "Tiny". The biker with epilepsy is "Twitch". The veteran biker with battle scarred face is either "Adonis" or "Frog".

I think as in true "deaf style", state the obvious bluntly and with honesty. It can be quite enlightening when we laugh at ourselves when seen through the eyes of others.

Ok, start flaming. I mean no harm, and will not fire back. (Cringe, wince)

The main reason why I don't like shopping at wal mart because of employees are very rude because every times I shop there and I see employees chewing gum like cow and carrying waters or soda on the sale floor. I go to desk service to get money order and they are very slower and of chit-chat! Target are the best! I have no problem shop at Target, sale floor very clean and nice employees. Few months ago I was shock what my fiancee told me about pranks throwing diapers, food, drinks, anything on her car while she shopping at walmart midnight!! walmart manager give her a free car wash.

Back