VP 200 calling to i2eye

ScommJudy

Reaction score
Need some technical help here.

i2eye (dlink) calling to VP 200 - works
VP 200 calling to i2eye - does not work either in phone number or IP address

What do I need to do to make that work?

Thanks in advance.

firewall issue on your end. what router and modem do u have ?

Thought so it was my router. I may not be able to do anything about that.

Strangely PC 100 (ZVRS) - I can call out to i2eye, but can't recieve whereas VP 200 I can receive i2eye but can't call out.

Thought so it was my router. I may not be able to do anything about that.

Strangely PC 100 (ZVRS) - I can call out to i2eye, but can't recieve whereas VP 200 I can receive i2eye but can't call out.

DSL or Cable Modem?

What is brand name and model number of your router?

*snip*Cable modem never change it itself.*snip*

Cable companies do change IP addresses also. it's not just DSL companies.

If you want to dial an IP address on a VP-200, simply type in the IP address in the dial box, and make sure you use the dots between the numbers.

Example:

Also keep in mind that the i2eye must be setup properly to receive calls using it's IP address. Please ensure that it's in the router's DMZ or that it's port forwarded.

Plus ensure the I.P address is PUBLIC, not private (which is 192.168.XXX.XXX)

I'm well aware that cable IP changes often. Mine does.

I'm well aware that I dial as IP.

I'm pretty sure the issue has to do with my router and for this I can't make changes. So have to use another VP.

Thanks for helping me out.

I know that. The IP in VP 200 is higher than what my router is set for and since I depend on the router, I'd rather find another solution than mess with this router and not get Internet.

I know that. The IP in VP 200 is higher than what my router is set for and since I depend on the router, I'd rather find another solution than mess with this router and not get Internet.

Okie doke....good luck to you.

The IP in VP-200 can be changed. You have to contact Sorenson to do it though. On the i2eye you can also change it.

The IP in VP-200 can be changed. You have to contact Sorenson to do it though. On the i2eye you can also change it.

Sorry but...this doesn't make sense. Why would you call Sorenson to change your IP address? They have no control over it...

Unless you're talking about the private IP address used on the VP-200 (192.168.x.125). You do not need to call Sorenson to have that changed.

Settings > Network > Address > Edit > 5236 > Change

Sorry but...this doesn't make sense. Why would you call Sorenson to change your IP address? They have no control over it...

Unless you're talking about the private IP address used on the VP-200 (192.168.x.125). You do not need to call Sorenson to have that changed.

Settings > Network > Address > Edit > 5236 > Change

Yes, that's what I was talking about. Maybe I should have checked my vp-200 before posting. (in my defense, I didn't know the 5236 secret code number that you posted). The point I was making is that they can make the vp-200 work with their router by changing the settings for the private IP address.

Back