Vitamin Pills

catlover_Amy81

Reaction score
Hi, I want to know, does anybody here take vitamin pills? I'm just curious but I'm not checking on you because I play the doctor! lol I take vitamin pills with EXTRA calium that the doctor told me. Because the weak bones and ostopeisios ( can't spell! ) runs in the family. But I'm only 24 years old! I started taking it since I was 20 or 21.

Reply to vitamins

Yes, I take all-natural vitamins and minerals from health food stores, not from grocery stores and not from drug (Rx) stores. It is good to know somebody besides myself is taking a combination of vitamins and calcium Be sure you take tablets that have both calcium with magnesium. (Read my other post "Reply for Parkinson's Disease"). Most doctors will tell their patients to take 1,500 milligrams of calcium daily. That is the normal amount for all adults. Some may need more than others depending on health situation or problem. Osteoporosis happens because people are not taking enough calcium daily and the heart needs calcium. Calcium is "fuel" for the heart much the same way as gasoline is fuel for an engine of a car. When the gas tank runs empty, the engine dies. When the body runs empty of calcium, the heart may stop working. If this happens, it is called heart failure. It is not heart attack. Heart attack usually happens when a blood clot or too much build up of cholesterol clogs or prevents blood flow to the heart or when the heart cannot circulate blood through the body. It is good to know that calcium is a necessary nutrient for the heart. One elderly man had heart problems and his parents and other relatives had heart problems. When he was informed about calcium, his heart improved and he was fine when he took calcium daily. Take care!

Hubby and I both take daily vitamins and calcium. I have been taking calcium for many years. We both take weekly Fosamax for osteoperosis. Hubby takes twice as much. I take it for prevention, Hubby takes it because he already has full osteo. Hubby is a full inch shorter from osteo. He easy gets broken bones (two broken arms, one broken rib, one fractured sternum). All his life he drank lots of milk, and ate lots of calcium-rich foods. He is very active physically. He doesn't smoke or drink alcohol. But still he got osteo. The doctors don't know the reason. :dunno:

We take Juice Plus for six months. It helps me more engery and horny. :naughty:

Mine's different. I usually take some teaspoons of Barley Grass with garlic favor daily. Order from Living Food Farm. Love it and feel more stronger daily.

I am taking Vitamin C, B-6, calicum with magnesium, and alphebeta daily.

I have a history of eating disorders, so I take a women's multi vitamin with extra iron and calcium daily.

More people believe in all-natural vitamins

I am impressed with the enthusiasm and positive responses about vitamins in this website! It is almost like celebrating the 4th of July! I would like to share a selective info about a vitamin. I will start with vitamin B-1. Another name for vitamin B-1 is Thiamine. Dr. Balch says this vitamin enchances circulation and assists in blood formation, carbohydrate metabolism, and the production of hydrochloric acid, which is important for proper digestion. Thiamine also optimizes cognitive activity and brain function. It has a positive effect on energy, growth, normal appetite, and learning capacity, and is needed for muscle tone of the intestines, stomach, and heart. Thiamine also acts as an antioxidant, protecting the body from the degenerative effects of aging, alcohol consumption, and smoking.
Beriberi, a nervous system disease, is caused by a deficiency (lacking or not enough) of thiamine. Other symptoms that can result from thiamine deficiency include constipation, edema, enlarged liver, fatique (very tired), forgetfulness, gastrointestinal disturbances, heart changes, irritability, labored breathing, loss of appetite, muscle atrophy, nervousness, numbness of the hands and feet, pain and sensitivity, poor coordination, tingling sensations, weak and sore muscles, general weakness, and severe weight loss.
Sources of thiamine: brown rice, egg yolks, fish, legumes, liver, peanuts, peas, pork, poultry, rice bran, wheat germ, and whole grains. That names the richest food sources. Now other sources are: asparagus, brewer's yeast, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, dulse, kelp, most nuts, oatmeal, plums, dried prunes, raisins, spirulina, and watercress. Herbs that contain thiamine include alfalfa, bladderwrack, (not bladder wrecked) burdock root, catnip, cayenne, chamomile, chickweed, eyebright, fennel seed, fenugreek, hops, nettle, oat straw, parsley, peppermint, raspberry leaf, red clover, rose hips, sage, yarrow, and yellow dock.
Comments: Antibiotics, sulfa drugs, and oral contraceptives may decrease thiamine levels in the body. A high-carbohydrate diet increases the NEED for thiamine. "Prescription for Nutritional Healing", James F. Balch, M.D.
I want to add info of my own knowledge and experience: I had enlarged heart. Vitamin B-1 reduced it back to normal size. I can breathe and run better. That is all for now. Take care!

Rickcares, I do have magnesuim with extra calium daily. Sabrina, does Juice Plus has very sugar in it? I'm diabetic but not pretty bad and not taking insulin everyday. I have to watch what I eat and take my blood test for every 2 months.

Hi Catlover Amy81! It is good that you are watching and being careful with what you eat since you are diabetic. About Juice Plus, it is new to me so I don't know anything about it. However, I just took a quick look at some information I found through a search engine, Google.com
I may have overlooked where it says how much sugar is in Juice Plus, but you can type in the name Juice Plus at the Google website, click on Google search and it will give you a list to choose from. One of the lists talked about a critical look at Juice Plus and that website is at:

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/NSA/juiceplus.html

Also it would be great if you and your friend or friends can buy a book, Prescription for Nutritional Healing by Dr. James F. Balch. I don't know if this book is available anymore, but check at your local health food stores. If not available, ask if they can order one. There may be a back order for that book. I wish every home would have a book like that because it includes remedies for diabetes and everything else from A to Z! I'm very impressed with Dr. Balch! Also check with Dr. Julian Whitaker's website because it has a list people can look into and one of them is: Blood Sugar Health
It is at:

http://www.drwhitaker.com/

I truly hope this helps. Take care and God bless!

I am taking one tablet of One A Day Women's Multvitamin daily and I am taking one tablet twice daily of Calcuim 600.

Rickcares, I've been going to the nurtionrist ( food therapist ) since I had stomach problems. But also, the nurtionrist knows about sugar blood. I remember first time I have a little higher with sugar blood, I took the pills but not insulins - I never taking insulins. Then my sugar blood is finally low then I stopped taking the pills and I have to watch what I eat when the nurtionrist tells me.

That's good Catlover Amy81. I trust nutritionists and I'm glad you are having one to help you, wow! I can't say any better so more power to you! :dance:

Yep, she's a good nutritionist. When I was sick with stomach problems for first time then I lost a lot of weight. Because my stomach became ill or doesn't work something from ill that the food won't digest. She told me what can I eat or not allow to eat, you know? It takes time to eat until my stomach got better. I was so darn skinny! When I was 20, I had migraine headaches and hormone problem then I found out I have diabetes at same time. I gained pretty much. I was shocked that my sugar blood raise a little higher and I had to take pills everyday then the doctor told me to go to the nutritionist about special food for diabete. Right now, my sugar blood is still low since I took blood test and stopped taking the pills last few years ago.

My mother used to sell Juice Plus products for a long time. She stopped selling them because they actually are bad now. We learned that Juice Plus Company lied us (salepeople) that they did not want us to know what they do at the warehouse. There are still molds in the warehouse, and they nuked them - They irradiated them to kill the molds because the products are very expensive that they cannot afford to replace them. I am sorry to tell you about it. That's the truth. (We cannot tell you how we got that information. We just cannot believe it.)

Catlover_Amy81 - It sounds like you are on top of it and handling it well. Sorry you went through so much trouble losing weight and so forth, but glad you are doing well. :)

ArkieGal - Glad to know you are taking good care of yourself too. Thank you for sharing information. It is appreciated. :)

Webexplorer - I truly am glad you came in to the rescue!! Thanks for sharing that information! I heard only good things about Juice Plus in this website and thought about trying some in the near future. Now I changed my mind and many thanks go to you! I am very curious how you discovered the shocking truth! Did you go in the bathroom and peeked out through the hole in the wall? (humor) :)

Take care everyone and God bless!

Calcium tablets are better than...

Many people drank plenty of milk and ate plenty of dairy foods daily and still get osteoporosis! I have heard of this before so I would suggest try consuming calcium in tablet form. I don't call them pills because the word "pills" sounds like chemical medicine that doctors prescribe. So, again, I suggest calcium-magnesium-zinc tablets and take at least 1,500 milligrams daily.
About 20 years ago, I saw an advertisement, a full-page ad in my local newspaper. It was from the Cheese company trying to sell dairy foods. They pointed out that doctors advised all women to get at least 1,500 mg of calcium daily. That is true and that 1,500 mg is the normal amount for almost all adults. Some may need more and some may need less. If you have brittle (breaks easily) teeth or bones or fingernails or having problems getting to sleep, that means you need to increase your intake of calcium. (Be sure you have plenty of magnesium along with the calcium) Now let me back up and talk about that Cheese company making that ad in the newspaper. This made me angry because it is very hard to get 1,500 mg calcium by eating dairy foods and drinking milk. Even if people do succeed getting that much calcium by eating and drinking that much dairy foods... oh boy!... What is likely to happen is: 1. high blood pressure because a lot of salt is in dairy foods to make them taste good. (We all know or should know what high blood pressure does to the head or body) 2. there will likely be build up or increase of cholesterol in the system. (We all know or should know what a high cholesterol count means) That's not good, right? I consider both ways can be bad news! I'm not saying we all should stop eating dairy foods, but I believe in moderation or good judgment. Now one more thing, but this is not to scare anyone. Did you know that all dairy foods, including meats from beef cattle contain vitamin K? Yes! Vitamin K! We need some of it for good clotting power in the blood in case any of us accidently cut ourselves preparing tossed garden salad or working with a table saw, etc. But to eat so much dairy food to get enough calcium is putting our bodies in trouble with vitamin K! As I have said to some people, farmers feed beef cattle (and cows) with alfalfa or hay. Well, duh! Alfalfa (and alfalfa sprouts in salad bars) is very rich with vitamin K. If we eat so much foods that contain vitamin K, we are going to be "beefed up" (FAT) too! Kinda like beef cattle just before they are sold to the market! Another thing, it may be a silly question, but a good one!... Has anybody ever seen beef cattle or cows eat meat?? NO! Of course not! So how did they get fattened?? It had to be vitamin K as the "culprit"! Why? Because that vitamin thickens the blood and also forms or makes the blood to have clotting power.
Now here is another kicker... I personally know a friend of mine has problems with blood clots and she had to stop eating her favorite food which is beef liver. Because beef liver is very rich in vitamin K more than any other meat from beef cattle. I hope this story does not spread to the ears of the farmers or they may not like me, but on with the truth... One day, this woman had pain in the back of her right knee. Her doctor discovered it was a blood clot and put her on blood thinner and kept her in the hospital for 2 and a half days. After she was released and home from the hospital, blood clots kept coming back and we could not figure it out at first. Well, I learned from an owner of a health food store (she passed away of old age) about vitamin K and where it came from. This friend of mine (with blood clot) immediately began her own natural blood thinner because she had bad headache at night. I feared that there was blood clot in her brain so I immediately brought her the blood thinner. When she took it, the pain disappeared in about 15 minutes! The next morning she had pain in her right chest. I feared that possibly the same clot (or another one?) had lodged in her lung. I immediately gave her another blood thinner and when she took it, the pain disappeared just as fast. Now years have gone by and she still takes the blood thinner 3 times on a weekly basis. Yes, every week. Why? She loves dairy foods! (grrr!) Ha! But that's okay. I'm not stopping her as long as she knows how to care for herself. But hey! I'm not blaming the farmers and you should not either. They are not aware of it. I talked to one farmer about alfalfa being rich with vitamin K. The information sure jolted him big time! :eek2: Not long after I shared that information with him, he sold his farm! I don't know if he sold his farm for that reason, but he became an insurance agent. End of story there. So we are all in the same boat... we have to learn how to live well and do the best we can. Let's not blame farmers, cheese companies, food stores and so forth for our problems. All we can do is learn and live, right? Take care and God bless!

Back