Vinyl Fence.. Worth??

Please check that website.. and read Reviews :eek:!!

We have an average size land and it was going to cost us around 9,000 install. If we want to install it ourselves then it will be around 3,000. My concern with vinyl fence is how to replace damage section in the future. They may not make it anymore or the replaced section will not match the old sections. My friend said he damage his all the time when he brings his weed whacker too close to the fence. He felt pressure treated wood are better because it can easily be repair. I like vinyl better so I would look for one that is stronger and has life time warranty. Some fence is so thin that it cracks easily by age or hitting it with something.

My next door neighbor has it surrounding his property. It looks good and sturdy. My hubby is thinking of replacing our fence with it.

It might depend on the purpose of the fence.

You might want to check with your homeowners association before you proceed. Some neighborhoods have rules and guidelines regarding what you have set up around your house such as fence heights, fence sizes, fence types, etc.

You might want to check with your homeowners association before you proceed. Some neighborhoods have rules and guidelines regarding what you have set up around your house such as fence heights, fence sizes, fence types, etc.

You know, HOA of these types should be illegal as they interfere with private properties.

I dunno but my hubby wanted replace fence from chain links (which I really HATES it! It look so damn ugly!) to wood fence. We haven't decide yet. :dunno:

Phillips, would your horse(s) be able to touch this type of fencing?

She live in rural area, just out of HOA range, I think so.

We have an average size land and it was going to cost us around 9,000 install. If we want to install it ourselves then it will be around 3,000. My concern with vinyl fence is how to replace damage section in the future. They may not make it anymore or the replaced section will not match the old sections. My friend said he damage his all the time when he brings his weed whacker too close to the fence. He felt pressure treated wood are better because it can easily be repair. I like vinyl better so I would look for one that is stronger and has life time warranty. Some fence is so thin that it cracks easily by age or hitting it with something.

Thanks so much post here! ;)

Wait a min... You mean that Weed whacker can easy cause crack or break the vinyl fence huh? geez!! :hmm:

haha ... I saw that line mentioned about crack by week wacker (my favorite toy). Perhaps as mentioned somewhere it's depend on how good quality the fence would be? I'm thinking about making some nice line cement perhaps about just 1 inch or so under the fence so that the week wacker string wouldn't touch the fence but side of cement? Just two cents for thought!

Thanks so much post here! ;)

Wait a min... You mean that Weed whacker can easy cause crack or break the vinyl fence huh? geez!! :hmm:

:gpost: Vampie right!!!

Last week I called my town of hall. Contact to building and inspection department. I left the message on the answer machine. He did call back with a Sorenson Vp :cool: However. I asked about the fence. He explained me that my town allow and do not care what kind such as fence heights with under 6ft , fence wide, fence types, etc but must contact them about if I want more than 6 ft tall fence! :D

Seem My town :rockon: :D

haha ... I saw that line mentioned about crack by week wacker (my favorite toy). Perhaps as mentioned somewhere it's depend on how good quality the fence would be? I'm thinking about making some nice line cement perhaps about just 1 inch or so under the fence so that the week wacker string wouldn't touch the fence but side of cement? Just two cents for thought!
yeah Good idea! :hmm:

Phillips, would your horse(s) be able to touch this type of fencing?

I have 3 ac...

One Ac.> My house sit on and want put new fence..

One Ac.> My horse s pasture with Electric fence, some wood three rails fence and 6 metal panels with her Shelter building..

One Ac. for wild animals enjoying roam there! :cool2: Am i nice owner?! :lol:

Forget to add...

My town tells me that must install fence 2 ft (24 inches) away from my line property

Forget to add...

My town tells me that must install fence 2 ft (24 inches) away from my line property

Update..

Last Tuesday... I went to my town of hall.. talked with Building inpection Jeff..

He explain to me that why 24 inches away line property

Because you need "maintain"(spell)... you allow walking on 24 inches wide and clean or fixing the outside the fence!! :D

So many things to think about when fencing. I'm out in the country a lot tending to bees.

Near gravel roads, tires kick pebbles through the plastic fences. All the holes soon look like they're shotgun targets.

In areas where they burn slash (clean the borrow pit beside the road with fire) the plastic fences melt. I mean stretches of fencing look like a Salvador Dali surrealist paintings.

But in areas where the fences are a ways off asphalt roads and the area beside the road is mowed, the plastic fences stay looking really good.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Hubby installs fences as a "side" business. Here's his 2 cents' worth:

Vinyl fencing isn't good for pasturing horses. Horses tend to lean their weight against the fence sections, and the rails can crack. It's also true about weed eaters making holes in the fencing.

For horses, he recommends treated 4" x 4" x 8' posts, 1 1/2 - 2' in the ground.
Rails, 3 across, staggered where they join on the posts to distribute the pressure when the horses lean against them. Top rail, about 4 1/2 - 5' high. Rail dimensions, 2" x 6" x 16'. He prefers 16' instead of 8', for strength. (He used more expensive rough-sawn rails and posts, not from Lowes, with true dimensions.)

He suggests using a nail gun with galvanized ring-shank nails (to prevent them from backing out).

Vinyl fencing is great for subdivision residences, either as rails or privacy fences. An annual pressure washing keeps them looking good.

Depending on the layout of your property, you could use vinyl in some areas where the horses won't be in contact with it.

I have 3 ac...

One Ac.> My house sit on and want put new fence..

One Ac.> My horse s pasture with Electric fence, some wood three rails fence and 6 metal panels with her Shelter building..

One Ac. for wild animals enjoying roam there! :cool2: Am i nice owner?! :lol:

Umm :hmm: Repeat... Its not for my horse... My horse had her own electric fence, metal panel and wood three rails fence done...

I am talking about My house side yard, front yard and back yard!! :D

Back