Video - Me Signing A Song

for some reason, youtube wont let my video upload properly... so im using photobucket to show you guys this video i made... :)

use this link > Click Here

Nice, but I do like to see someone who sign a song with speaking (could be with voice or without) so I can picture your song much better. I think you might need to work on your face expression, then you're perfect. ;)

Nice, but I do like to see someone who sign a song with speaking (could be with voice or without) so I can picture your song much better. I think you might need to work on your face expression, then you're perfect. ;)

haha ok :) ill work on that. thankyou

haha ok :) ill work on that. thankyou

Once I gave a big speech to auditorium (there was some famous deaf people watching me). After my speech was done, they enjoyed it, and one person - he is ASL professor at some college came up to me and asked me to see if there was a food in my mouth during my presentation? I told him no (and feel bit offended) and he said well it looks like I put some food in my mouth and stay in there. Can you speak? I told him, I can speak w/o voice. He said, use it, because when I speak, and sign ... that would make people to understand me clearly. After that, I changed it rapidly, and speak and sign at sametime. It's up to everyone really.

This video is good example.

[yt]ahWp1XogFEM[/yt]

Once I gave a big speech to auditorium (there was some famous deaf people watching me). After my speech was done, they enjoyed it, and one person - he is ASL professor at some college came up to me and asked me to see if there was a food in my mouth during my presentation? I told him no (and feel bit offended) and he said well it looks like I put some food in my mouth and stay in there. Can you speak? I told him, I can speak w/o voice. He said, use it, because when I speak, and sign ... that would make people to understand me clearly. After that, I changed it rapidly, and speak and sign at sametime. It's up to everyone really.

This video is good example.

[yt]ahWp1XogFEM[/yt]

yeah, i was signing a little while ago on a video, & i realized that i usually do mouth the words as i sign them. its just hard with songs because i sometimes will sign 1 word while another one is being sung in the song, just so i can keep time with the song... & its confusing, haha

excellent, dudette. If i were your ASL teacher, i'll probably give you A- but if you add facial expression, it'll bomb-

excellent, dudette. If i were your ASL teacher, i'll probably give you A- but if you add facial expression, it'll bomb-

i did good facial expressions when i performed it in class... i guess its just unnatural for me to make good facial expressions to my laptop :P

but thankyou :)

That's pretty cool! I'm really enjoying these ASL music videos I'm seeing a lot lately on sites like YouTube.

Thanks for sharing, Shelby. :mrgreen:

what songs by the beach boys did you use to listen to? :) & thankyou very much

I listened to all of them, but one by Brian Wilson was "Wouldn't it be nice?"

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long,
And wouldn't it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up
In the morning when the day is new?
And after having spent the day together,
Hold each other close the whole night through?

Happy times together we've been spending.
I wish that every kiss was neverending.
Wouldn't it be nice?

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it might come true
Baby, then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do.
Wouldnt it be nice?

You know it seems the more we talk about it,
It only makes it worse to live without it,
But let's talk about it
Wouldnt it be nice?

Very good video. Try signing it with a face expression and mouth movement without a voice. :)

I listened to all of them, but one by Brian Wilson was "Wouldn't it be nice?"

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long,
And wouldn't it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up
In the morning when the day is new?
And after having spent the day together,
Hold each other close the whole night through?

Happy times together we've been spending.
I wish that every kiss was neverending.
Wouldn't it be nice?

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it might come true
Baby, then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do.
Wouldnt it be nice?

You know it seems the more we talk about it,
It only makes it worse to live without it,
But let's talk about it
Wouldnt it be nice?

yep :) thats the one im signing in my video

cute song. :)

i know you try your best. but you did a good job.

Good Job! I'm too shy to do that stuff and I sign in English and not ASL too as in NJ most people in the area (and the few deaf friends that I know here) sign in English. So signing any song in English Sign is tough especially when the song is fast. Haha! I'm pretty good at signing the song Imagine by John Lennon but I hate being on video and in pics as I'm so shy. LOL! My signing skills (as told by my deaf friends) are Intermediate to Advanced but I still have a hard time reading signs from others. Great job though! :)
Heidi

Back