Video Chat on PC

Dismal Shadow

"Yours. Not mine."
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have tried many different programs that allow you to chat with your friends live on PC.

1- VideoSign 2.5 (Purple Communications, Inc)
2- Viable Vision
3-OOVOO
4-Camfrog

I am sure there are more but I am curious to try out the Skype. Anyone have tried it yet? Let me know so I can test it with any of you. :)

I have tried these for video chats :
1. netmeeting
2. envision sl
3. oovoo
4. yahoo
5. camfrog
6. viable vision
7. aim
9. windows messenger

out of all of them with the same camera, it seems like the best video is oovoo and it is the easiest to use then aim and yahoo. all the rest ranks in a the same group as good and ok. I havent tried skype yet either.

1. VideoSign 2.5 (XP only)
2. Viable Vision
3. ooVoo
4. Camfrog
5. Window Live Messenger
6. Envision SL

I have used Viable Vision at mostly. I have problem with VideoSign 2.5 for Vista OS but I will wait to get newer VideoSign 3.0 program soon that I hope that it works for Vista and MAC. ooVoo is best quality and high resolution video but I used it at little. I never tried Skype. :shrug:

I had

1. Skype (I used that one day and forget it)
2. oovoo
3. Netmeeting
4. Sorenson Envision SL
5. Videosign
6. Sprint Relay (bloatware!!)
7. Viable Vision

I haven't tried Camfrog. I would check this out.

Some software I deleted because of performance issue on my laptop. It's Sprint Relay!! It took nearly half hour to install and it slows down video chat. While HOVRS Videosign are fit and trim, video slick smooth and responsive.

Oovoo, I had it for while and gotten busy.

Catty

Recently, I download new CSDVRS Z PC100 on my laptop. It looks very good and support 10 digit phone number.

I am disappointed that Z PC100 can't recommend on my laptop, because my laptop is very old and 8 years old. Well, I will have to buy new one later.

Is anyone getting new CSDVRS Z PC100 download yet?

I am waiting for CSDVRS Z 340.

Viable Vision and Hovrs videosign 2.5 are working fine on my laptop.

oh, well...

Ha, Google VIdeo Chat wasnt meant to be calling over IP, its just like AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and now gmail

so is oovoo and skype. They are like AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and now gmail . Can't call others with IP address.

This kinda suxs. There are more and more applications coming out for great videochats, but your freind must also use the same apps to chat. There seems to be no all in one package with good, clear video that works with ip's h.323 and domains names video like sykpe, aim. etc. :mad:

I have

1. Skype
2. oovoo
3. Viable Vision
4. Z PC100

I live overseas and use Skype and oovoo - sometimes one is better than other so sometimes i switch between those two.

Viable Vision and Z PC100
1. use the same program but put their own skin on it. Both use Mirial.

2. Z PC has video mail if hearing person calls through VRS and you don't answer CSDVRS will send you email with video message, also has "Who Just Called" if hearing person through VRS calls and you don't answer, they will send you email with caller id info.

3. Quality seems to be same.

4. I prefer Z PC100 - you can drag the screen smaller or larger - VV is fix one size until connect with other person and can double click to make full screen.

5. Problem - I do have new 10 digit nbr and ip. Funny, CSDVRS can call me no problem, friend with Z PC100 can call me. But, anyone using other equipment (VP100, VP200, etc.) can't call me. Tech support not yet fix it.

oh, forgot...with Z PC100

Quality - my friends in states say they can see me VERY clear on ZPC100 - they say more clear than people with VP200 or OJO. Their quality to me is okay - not great but acceptable.

Camera - I tried 1,3 megapixel camera built in my netbook with ZPC100 - it is lousy. Not sure about full notebook. I will try tonight on my kid's laptop.

I have

1. Skype
2. oovoo
3. Viable Vision
4. Z PC100

I live overseas and use Skype and oovoo - sometimes one is better than other so sometimes i switch between those two.

2. Z PC has video mail if hearing person calls through VRS and you don't answer CSDVRS will send you email with video message, also has "Who Just Called" if hearing person through VRS calls and you don't answer, they will send you email with caller id info.

4. I prefer Z PC100 - you can drag the screen smaller or larger - VV is fix one size until connect with other person and can double click to make full screen.

5. Problem - I do have new 10 digit nbr and ip. Funny, CSDVRS can call me no problem, friend with Z PC100 can call me. But, anyone using other equipment (VP100, VP200, etc.) can't call me. Tech support not yet fix it.

link for Z PC100 download ?

on number #5, Does it work when you place a call TO someone who have VP-100/200 with phone number or IP ?

*updated* never mind, I make it submit it and pix below
2148krn.jpg

Thanks
dg

Last edited:
I have

1. Skype
2. oovoo
3. Viable Vision
4. Z PC100

I already applied for getting download Z PC100 software last several days but i never got it yet. How to get it ?

Ha, Google VIdeo Chat wasnt meant to be calling over IP, its just like AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and now gmail

thread is about video chat, not videophone.

However, I love iChat, unfortunately, there not many I know who have iChat on Mac while Mac to PC on AIM with video conference aren't always work well.

I already applied for getting download Z PC100 software last several days but i never got it yet. How to get it ?

I had same issue, I applied for Z-PC100 software and I don't get a link to download, they just pop message "we will be with you shortly". How long?

I downloaded and installed Purple P3. I was at the hotel and called Point to Point (calling directly to my friend) and it won't get through, just Purple VRS showed up. Sheesh! It's frustrating that I wanted to get in touch with my friend!! ( I had 5 friends w/phone number on the list!!)

At my home, I used P3 and I tested my VP200 number and it did got through and my kids love playing with it, running back and forth between Laptop w/ webcam and VP200. I turned on Logitech's face mask and it works nicely!! They love it.

So I just don't understand it cuz I'm registered to ZVRS and Purple with 10 digit number ready. They should fix the issue to allow deafie connect with other deafie using direct 10 digit number without using IP address.

Cuz I bought Z-340, portable wireless video phone. Cuz of 2hrs battery life and fast to get around on menu than Purple MVP and Viable.

Catty

Recently, I download new CSDVRS Z PC100 on my laptop. It looks very good and support 10 digit phone number.

I am disappointed that Z PC100 can't recommend on my laptop, because my laptop is very old and 8 years old. Well, I will have to buy new one later.

Is anyone getting new CSDVRS Z PC100 download yet?

I am waiting for CSDVRS Z 340.

Viable Vision and Hovrs videosign 2.5 are working fine on my laptop.

oh, well...
What about Purple P3?

I had same issue, I applied for Z-PC100 software and I don't get a link to download, they just pop message "we will be with you shortly". How long?

I downloaded and installed Purple P3. I was at the hotel and called Point to Point (calling directly to my friend) and it won't get through, just Purple VRS showed up. Sheesh! It's frustrating that I wanted to get in touch with my friend!! ( I had 5 friends w/phone number on the list!!)

At my home, I used P3 and I tested my VP200 number and it did got through and my kids love playing with it, running back and forth between Laptop w/ webcam and VP200. I turned on Logitech's face mask and it works nicely!! They love it.

So I just don't understand it cuz I'm registered to ZVRS and Purple with 10 digit number ready. They should fix the issue to allow deafie connect with other deafie using direct 10 digit number without using IP address.

Cuz I bought Z-340, portable wireless video phone. Cuz of 2hrs battery life and fast to get around on menu than Purple MVP and Viable.

Catty

Never mind on 10 digit number. It's the local number I was calling long distance. I was supposed to use 866-xxx-xxxx vp200 number when calling my friend. I got it working on P3 purple software. It works nicely on my laptop.

Catty

Never mind on 10 digit number. It's the local number I was calling long distance. I was supposed to use 866-xxx-xxxx vp200 number when calling my friend. I got it working on P3 purple software. It works nicely on my laptop.

Catty
Yeah VP 200 isnt friendly with the SVP200 only if it was dailled via 866-xxx-xxx but from VP 200 to P3, it works fine.

Back