Vegetarian

I'm naturally thin and weight is about 95-90 lbs. Sometimes, it goes up to 98 lbs. Now, it is only 92 lbs (maybe it could go up again). I decided to have to quit it and start to gain more weight, cos I don't want to deal with health problems in future. It's hard to increase my fat body ... it seem I stuck with my thinner body... that I can't get it up to 100 lbs and stay above the number. :(

*hugs*

How tall are you?

I have the same problem too... goes up and down like a yo-yo. Last year it was around 90-100lbs, hopefully I can hold my weight at 130-140lbs.

*hugs*

How tall are you?

I have the same problem too... goes up and down like a yo-yo. Last year it was around 90-100lbs, hopefully I can hold my weight at 130-140lbs.

5'5". Yeah, its good to understand each other. I used to have around 110lbs, now I lost so much cos I was so stressed and worked so harder by all myself alone. It sucks...

nom nom nom. I was 120 lbs for several years. Few years ago - I worked out and ate the proper diet for muscle mass gain. it worked and now I'm 140 lbs in less than a year. It's still 140 lbs since then. I have no idea how my weight stays the same for a long time.

Here is the weight chart.

weightchart.jpg

ideal weight chart | Love Your Body Size

I think that there are some food that you are eating which is probably not good enough. Please always read the food ingredients on the packages. If the words on the ingredients that you are not familiar with, then just don't buy the package. (other stuff - Never, never buy fake sugars. Use good sugars - see on Google. Yogurt is the best at Whole Foods. Seasalt is the best. blah blah.)

I strongly suggest you to watch Dr. Oz on the television in the morning. He has many interesting stuff to talk about health issues. Or, his website is at: The Dr. Oz Show Just ask him your question about your weight problem. I wouldn't tell you because some Aders ignored my comments in the past - I don't know why. Maybe, mine is not good enough to convince them.

BTW, I think that your weight is still okay as I hope. Overweight is worst than underweight because it causes more health problems.

Sure, I don't mind to be veggeian again only if I have enough weight. :) I just lok at the chart... Ah, so I need to gain up to 113 lbs by then... it seem a bit of hard to increase like that. =/

I have liked to learn from Dr. Oz, too.

I use organic whole soymilk sometimes but also almond or hemp milk so am not having SO much soy. Avoid refined soy products including "soy-protein isolate" pills, which is more the concern with soy. Don't drink milk, either supplement with calcium tabs or get the calcium from supplemented milk alternatives I already mentioned; also some fish and some things like greens and broccoli are ways of getting calcium, although not in large quantities.

I have read different research here and there about varying ages of young children's exposure to milk products and the effect that has or does not have in relation to development of true dairy allergies <not lactose intolerance> later on.

I eat mostly nuts, seeds, legumes, beans and whole grains for protein with some fish thrown in, but am careful about what fish it is and where it comes from. Also eggs from local, pastured hens, not factory-farmed.

Weigh about 105, am small person due to prematurity.

Sure, I don't mind to be veggeian again only if I have enough weight. :) I just lok at the chart... Ah, so I need to gain up to 113 lbs by then... it seem a bit of hard to increase like that. =/

Go to McDonald's for 1 week.

Vegetarian here for 3 years now and going...It's funny 'cause this whole vegetarian thing start as a 30 day experiment which turned into a life-long personal challenge to not eat meat. Weird, i know. Next is to see if I can get my girlfriend to even try

I'm not vegetarian anymore... :( I was being vegetarian for three or four years until a couple of months. I just need to gain more weight. =/

The Vegetarian Bodybuilder

I tried being a vegetarian... but then I ran into an iron deficiency problem... and I don't really believe in taking supplements.

I eat fish when I can... I avoid milk though. Next year, I will see if I can cut out livestocks from my diet and replace them with fish.

Low iron is readily solved! Spinach, lentils/beans...even tofu has iron!

Check out the second table: Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Iron

While I think PETA takes it too far from time to time, their banned Superbowl Ad holds much truth:naughty::naughty::naughty::[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFlHDlYs4c4]YouTube - Veggie Love Peta Super Bowl XLIII 2009 Banned Ad[/ame]
A partially hidden woman wearing a white robe with a glass of wine.
A blonde wearing a knee-high trench coat standing in front of a piano with a flower arrangement that drops a bag she's holding.
2 separate shots of 2 women: 1 with a white towel wrapped around her waist walking towards an underground jacuzzi with a mini-waterfall with candles set around and the other woman walking towards a window in a room surrounded by hookahs . Separate shots of all the previous women undressing then each of them holding a stalk of broccoli or green onions or a bunch of asparagus.
Shot to a woman on all fours licking a pumpkin on the floor and the other women rubbing the vegetables all over their body while one pours vegetables into a steaming jacuzzi.
The woman with the broccoli pours oil over it and rubs it over her leg that's pointed into the air.
white words on a black backdrop appear saying, "Studies show that Vegetarians have better sex."
The women continuing with their vegetables.
More words saying, "GO VEG"
Last scene is the PETA website address PETA.org in white letters with a light blue bordering next to a smiling brunette holding her pumpkin

Go to McDonald's for 1 week.

Foxrac -

It is never a good idea to go to McDonald because it has a lot of bad food. In the newspaper, McDonald injected french fries with meat's hormone in them with secret which is illegal. The last time I went to the McDonald to order a fish sandwich three years ago because I was so hungry, and I left my lunch at home for the field trip.

Foxrac -

It is never a good idea to go to McDonald because it has a lot of bad food. In the newspaper, McDonald injected french fries with meat's hormone in them with secret which is illegal. The last time I went to the McDonald to order a fish sandwich three years ago because I was so hungry, and I left my lunch at home for the field trip.

You'll definitely gain that weight tho!

I'm naturally thin and weight is about 95-90 lbs. Sometimes, it goes up to 98 lbs. Now, it is only 92 lbs (maybe it could go up again). I decided to have to quit it and start to gain more weight, cos I don't want to deal with health problems in future. It's hard to increase my fat body ... it seem I stuck with my thinner body... that I can't get it up to 100 lbs and stay above the number. :(

You can eat Avocado, Peanut butter, nuts, olive oil for cooking. They are fats. It's good for your body. You can eat chicken and organic beef. And don't forget to eat sweet potato. Because it have fat inside. Sweet potato with sugar, cinnamon or nutmeg and butter. It will be good!

McDonalds have salads, yogurts and other health. The most is FATTY with grease like hamburger, chicken nuggets and french fries.

Long John Silver is the worse in HIGH calories, fats, sodium, carbs and saturated fat. I can't stand the 2 much grease as fry. It made me puke up!

Foxrac - :lol: Very funny. McD is out of the question. :P

Another AD'ers who helped me with some ideas of gaining weight -

THANK YOU!! :ty: I'll try it someday. :)

Cheers~

I love you guys!

I thought I was the only one here too!

Haha.

I've been a vegetarian for over a year now. I started going veg 'cause my BFF is one. She started nearly 2 years ago. She only eats chicken & fish a few times a year though. Her boyfriend is going to be one or I think he was going to be one too. I only eat meat a few times a year too. People get offended by me not eating meat. Some even stopped inviting me over for dinners. It sucks. W/e. It's their choice. My boyfriend also still gets offended by my diet. He always would ask me "If you like chicken, why won't you eat it?". W/e. I keep telling him that I like animals & that it's for health. He doesn't understand it sometimes. He even went veg for a bit but didn't like it. He says he likes meat. Ha. I wish I had a boyfriend who was a veg! LOL.

I love you guys!

I thought I was the only one here too!

Haha.

I've been a vegetarian for over a year now. I started going veg 'cause my BFF is one. She started nearly 2 years ago. She only eats chicken & fish a few times a year though. Her boyfriend is going to be one or I think he was going to be one too. I only eat meat a few times a year too. People get offended by me not eating meat. Some even stopped inviting me over for dinners. It sucks. W/e. It's their choice. My boyfriend also still gets offended by my diet. He always would ask me "If you like chicken, why won't you eat it?". W/e. I keep telling him that I like animals & that it's for health. He doesn't understand it sometimes. He even went veg for a bit but didn't like it. He says he likes meat. Ha. I wish I had a boyfriend who was a veg! LOL.

Do you talk about your vegetarianism? If so, a lot of people don't want to hear about it. The vegetarian friends I have that don't talk about what they eat, and just bring vegetarian-friendly food to dinners, potlucks and BBQs, are socially-accepted by others, yet the ones that talk about their diet (ie. "I do it for the animals," "I do it for health reasons," "my body can't handle meat" are rejected by the same people.

I've been a vegetarian for about 15years. I don't really have issues with people. Then again, I don't really talk about it unless people ask or whatever. I also cook meat and have no issues with others eating it around me.

Back