Vegans starve their baby to death on a diet of soy milk and apple juice

Regular milk is taste alot better, also more traditional.

I hate soy milk or lactose free milk. :eek:

Some parents are not suitable to raise kids, nor even meant to be parents. :ugh3:

Some parents are not suitable to raise kids, nor even meant to be parents. :ugh3:

Yeah, I agree with you but the problem is...that baby's here....it's not like the Mom can get a rebate....grrrr...lol

I agree too. But these parents were unsuitable NOT because they were vegan. They were unsuitable because they obviously were not looking after the baby properly. There are loads of meat eating parents who also mistreat their kids.

Second of all, Not all mothers are able to breastfeed... I hate to hear other people complain about mothers who choose not to breastfeed, I feel like they're trying to shove a guilt trip down the non-breastfeeding women's throats.

Agreed!! ...

that very sad for parents

many million parents needs know what brands milk formula not another forumla like soy milk or apple juice,etc.

so mostly hospital needs approve brands milk for baby like as enfamil or similac of their milk for baby dues dr's orders

when baby become 1 years old or over can drink milk more as strongers or can breastfeed from mom's they can drink as fruit punch,apple juice,orange juice,etc depends of mom's choices or doctors's choice.

im sure the couples need know do and dont need nice baby embraces and dont abuse the baby if have bruises on their body all wholes they approves to the polices to reports they parents will send to prisons but the baby or children will send to foster parents care raise or grandmother&family can raise than foster parents.

Look like I am the only one who are Vegetarian here. I LOVE Soy Milk and would get it over the regular Milk.

I only eat meat if I HAVE TO. Like what if I stand in the dessert and all I have to eat is the meat, I would. But if I am standing in a land with full of vegetables, then I will feel like "What's my excuse to kill a animal while I can eat the vegetables?"

And point to this current events, I think those parents don't understand the true of the develop humanity. The newborn baby DEMANDS the breastfeeding or that baby will simply die. Breastfeeding doesn't mean that you are not a vegan. It's just normal for parents to produce the baby.

Also if they want to be a vegetarian or vegan, then they HAVE to learn how to stay alive while being a vegetarian or vegan.

The Vegetarian or Vegan people have to mix the vegetables and cooking them, then eat them. It help them to get enough of proteins.

Some vegetarians and vegans people are not taking their body care very well because they don't do the vegetarian and vegan way properly.

Plus, DON'T argue with me about vegetarian being, it makes me sick while eating the meat, they always give me yucky picture of death animals. As while I am a vegetarians, I am very happy, I don't have to think about the death animals.

Look like I am the only one who are Vegetarian here.

You are not the only one. I'm vegan. I feel the same way about animal corpses though. You are very right about having to know how to manage on a vegan diet. I wasn't so healthy when I first went vegan because I didn't realise you needed B12. I now take a supliment called Veg1 which is specially for vegans made by the vegan society and contains B12.

That's not true. Cows milk is meant for calves not for human consumsion. It's full of pus and all sorts of growth hormones and antibiotics that are really bad for you and cause cancer. So no baby should be on cows milk. If you can't give them breast milk which is really the best option they should be on soy formula. Don't wait until they get Alergic to cows milk first as some people are allergic without even realising it.

Please read: NutritionMD.org :: How to Choose the Right Formula for Your Infant

Dreama - it is appearent that you have not raised children otherwise you would understand that there are two major varieties of baby formulas. The soy and the regular. Both come in liquid pre-mix forms or powdered form.

With the powdered formula you add water according to the directions on the can. As for cows milk being strictly for cow consumption - honey I bet you dont realize that for hundreds of years many children grew up on farms drink milk straight from ol' Bessie, daddy's milk cow. Very few died from bacteria in fresh cow's milk. Also you can still buy fresh unpasturized milk in the dairy section in most major grocery stores. I have drank it and I prefer it second to none. I absolutely love it, I have yet to get sick from it.

As for the other milk that comes in a plastic jug from Hiland Dairy Farms, the milk has been homongenized and pasturized so there is absolutely no bacteria in the milk whatsoever (unless it has been sitting out on the counter at room temp for a day then I would be concerned and pour the milk out or the milk is still in your fridge past the expiration date on the jug):cool:

I have tried soy milk and I absolutely do not like it. We each have our preferences and we should agree to disagree on that point, but please do not post mis-information.

As others have said, if you wish to change from breastfeeding to formula or change to a special formula such as soy or 'hypoallergenic' formulas, please consult your pediatrician or doctor. Always always always consult a pediatrician for the special nutritional needs of your newborn if you have a certain diet you would wish your child to follow such as a strict vegan diet. By nature humans are omnivoruous - we get our nutritional needs from plants as well as animals.:afro:

:ty:

You are not the only one. I'm vegan. I feel the same way about animal corpses though. You are very right about having to know how to manage on a vegan diet. I wasn't so healthy when I first went vegan because I didn't realise you needed B12. I now take a supliment called Veg1 which is specially for vegans made by the vegan society and contains B12.

Correctly. We could die from not haivng the B12 or whatever the vegetarians or vegans need to have for their own vegetarian/vegan diet.

Dreama - it is appearent that you have not raised children otherwise you would understand that there are two major varieties of baby formulas. The soy and the regular. Both come in liquid pre-mix forms or powdered form.

With the powdered formula you add water according to the directions on the can. As for cows milk being strictly for cow consumption - honey I bet you dont realize that for hundreds of years many children grew up on farms drink milk straight from ol' Bessie, daddy's milk cow. Very few died from bacteria in fresh cow's milk. Also you can still buy fresh unpasturized milk in the dairy section in most major grocery stores. I have drank it and I prefer it second to none. I absolutely love it, I have yet to get sick from it.

As for the other milk that comes in a plastic jug from Hiland Dairy Farms, the milk has been homongenized and pasturized so there is absolutely no bacteria in the milk whatsoever (unless it has been sitting out on the counter at room temp for a day then I would be concerned and pour the milk out or the milk is still in your fridge past the expiration date on the jug):cool:

I have tried soy milk and I absolutely do not like it. We each have our preferences and we should agree to disagree on that point, but please do not post mis-information.

As others have said, if you wish to change from breastfeeding to formula or change to a special formula such as soy or 'hypoallergenic' formulas, please consult your pediatrician or doctor. Always always always consult a pediatrician for the special nutritional needs of your newborn if you have a certain diet you would wish your child to follow such as a strict vegan diet. By nature humans are omnivoruous - we get our nutritional needs from plants as well as animals.:afro:

And don't forget some people are allergy from the cow milk. I have friends who are that, and they are required to drink soy milk instead.

They should have consulted a nurtrionist and/or a doctor who may guide them onto the right track of having a vegan baby.

It is possible-- it is just all about empowering self with knowledge about what an infant's body needs (protein, calcium, iron, zinc) and how to obtain it through various sources of food that are not necessarily from animals.

I think you all are just blowing it out of proportation and think vegan is a bad choice.
All I can say is that they made a stupid mistake and they had a terrible consquence that they have to live with for the rest of their lives-- and it doesn't matter whether they are vegan or not.

Let it be a lesson to every parents-- CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTORS about how to feed your baby-- regardless you want it to be vegan, semi-vegetarian, or goddamn meat-eater...

What your adult body needs now is VERY different what a newborn needs...!

Yes I AGREE with you on this.

I was first parent when I was just 30 years old and need the doctor's advice how to take care of my first baby. The nurses showed me how to do that when I was at hospitail to have my first baby and how to bath baby, feed etc. The child physican come to examine few days old babies and lecture the parents how to take care of and answer parent's questions.

Accord this article, I beleive that the parents doesn't purpose to kill their baby that's just they thought vegans are healther... I can understand that it's unexperience as first-time parents how to take care of very first newborn. I know what it's is because I do the same myself before and ask the nurses and doctors for the advice.... Very sad! :(

It would be easier to understand a couple of teen parents not knowing better, but I would expect older parents to be more knowledgeable.

No, it make no difference either 18 or 28 or 38 or 48 but they are learn how to take care of their first newborns. A lot of first-time parents are nervous and fuss to take care of their babies and end upset when something goes bad... I know myself when I become mother for a first time when I was just 30 years old. I take care of my friend's babies in the past but my own baby is total different than take care of my friends's babies.

I know it didn't say much in the article... but to my suggestion, it could be that they don't have the parents or relatives to show them how to take care of their baby...? or have nurse and doctor to train them how to take care of baby... ?

And don't forget some people are allergy from the cow milk. I have friends who are that, and they are required to drink soy milk instead.

Yes, I remember that babies are allergic to cow milk but use soy milk... Unfortunalately, the article didn't say much...

I can image how the parents pain after that happened... :(

Puyoiyo,
I stated earlier as to why soy milk was originally formed - for those who were lactose intolerant. Vegans noticed it and vegans have been loving it ever since. I can understand a newborn's need for a soy-based formula if they are lactose intolerant. As others have stated breastmilk is best and I prefer the milk-based formula should you have to use formula or choose to. I see the soy-based formula as a resort to newborns who are found to be lactose intolerant. JMHO.

I know it didn't say much in the article... but to my suggestion, it could be that they don't have the parents or relatives to show them how to take care of their baby...? or have nurse and doctor to train them how to take care of baby... ?

Which led me to believe that they were doing it on the purpose otherwise they would had consult other family members on how to raise baby properly. All parents tend get info or inputs from their family members or friends when it comes to take care of baby. Right ?

How sad, wish she went through the valuabe lessons I had being a first-timer Mum at hospital where I stayed for a week to teach me how to look after a newborn baby, feed, change nappies. bathe baby in right ways.

You obviously didnt read my link so I'm going to past it here:

The reasons for choosing soy formula over cow’s milk formula are compelling:

Most food sensitivities are reactions to proteins. The proteins found in breast milk are intended for human babies (with the exception of those foreign proteins that may pass into the milk from the mother’s diet).
Cow’s milk formula contains proteins that would be tolerated by a calf, but not always by a human baby. These proteins can cause respiratory problems, canker sores, skin conditions, and other sensitivities.
Cow’s milk can also irritate a baby’s digestive tract, causing a loss of blood in the intestine and a gradual loss of iron. For these reasons, pediatricians never recommend that whole cow’s milk (as opposed to formula) be given to infants.
When foreign proteins enter the body, the immune system makes antibodies to them. As long ago as 1994, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported that substantial evidence based on more than 90 research studies suggests that antibodies to cow’s milk protein may increase the risk of type I diabetes.

This is all true. I may not have children but I read all about bad things that cows milk causes and how we are better off without it. I was lactose intolerant without even knowing it. Before I became vegan I was a very picky eater. I did have problems when I first went vegan because of lack of B12 but that was easily remedied with multivitamins. Since then I have been so much healthier. I did an 11 hour walk not long ago. This is a big improvement as before I went vegan I could just about manage a 2 hour walk but felt really tired out afterwards. So you see humans of all ages can manage perfectly well on a healthy vegan diet.

Puyoiyo,
I stated earlier as to why soy milk was originally formed - for those who were lactose intolerant. Vegans noticed it and vegans have been loving it ever since. I can understand a newborn's need for a soy-based formula if they are lactose intolerant. As others have stated breastmilk is best and I prefer the milk-based formula should you have to use formula or choose to. I see the soy-based formula as a resort to newborns who are found to be lactose intolerant. JMHO.

Of course! We have freedom of choice! ;)

Vegans jailed over death of baby

A vegan couple have been sentenced to life in prison by a US court over the death of their malnourished baby.

The baby died six weeks after birth after being fed a diet largely made up of soy milk and organic apple juice.

Defence lawyers for Lamont Thomas and Jade Sanders said they had starved their child unintentionally by adhering to a strictly vegan diet.

But prosecutors in the US city of Atlanta said the couple had deliberately neglected their child.

"No matter how many times they want to say, 'We're vegans, we're vegetarians,' that's not the issue in this case," Prosecutor Chuck Boring is quoted by the Associated Press news agency as saying.

"The child died because he was not fed. Period," he said.

Strict vegans adhere to a diet that avoids all animal products.

'I loved my son'

Crown Shakur weighed 3.5lb (1.6kg) at the time of his death in April 2004.

The baby was born in a bathtub in the couple's house.

Defence lawyer Brandon Lewis is quoted by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper as saying the couple did not take their child to a doctor because they feared hospitals were full of germs.

Defence lawyers said the couple did not realise the baby's life was in danger until it was too late.

A jury deliberated for seven hours before delivering its verdict on 2 May.

Sentencing the couple, the judge said the murder verdict made the life sentence mandatory.

Jade Sanders told the judge: "I loved my son - and I did not starve him."

According to the AP news agency, Lamont Thomas complained that he had not known he was being tried for a felony - rather than the lesser offence of a misdemeanour.

"We had no idea involuntary manslaughter was a felony. We were told for three years this was a misdemeanour," he reportedly said.

"It takes money to prove this wasn't a felony - money we don't have."

BBC NEWS | Americas | Vegans jailed over death of baby

Vegans jailed over death of baby

A vegan couple have been sentenced to life in prison by a US court over the death of their malnourished baby.

I am not pleased with this harsh verdict. Prison for life - oh my gawd - no way!!

One friend in my husband's scout group gave his newborn baby a bottle of port because he was too drunk in one night, and the next day his baby died, very sad as I know this man well, he didn't go to jail for it.

Also I read a newspaper a difficult-learning new Mother, who cannot read instruction well and she put formula powder as she roughly guess to bottle fed her baby, and this baby died from it, she didn't go to jail for it.

Back