veddy veddy interesting....

I was confused too. I just assumed she took a poster's question the wrong way when she asked if CI could use a voice interpreter. I think she was offended by that.

I know... things like that get shit closed and stuff... I think she takes pride in being a jackwagon.

lol i have lost alot of my asl proficiency. And like shel, i would most likely be distracted by all the nakedness, in a good way :naughty:. I would love to have a voice interpreter so i can at least keep up with the rapid dialogue.
And i would love to go to any performance that you are in pfh.

:) :)

Out of curiosity, what's the play about? What's its title?

All The Way -

It's basically about "the system" that the deaf are a part of. The oppression. While the story is going on, a guy is also trying to save his relationship because of his "Deafhood issues."

BTW: I am the stage manager, I am not one of the naked people... I'm just a ninja in black carrying out props and stuff.

All The Way -

It's basically about "the system" that the deaf are a part of. The oppression. While the story is going on, a guy is also trying to save his relationship because of his "Deafhood issues."

BTW: I am the stage manager, I am not one of the naked people... I'm just a ninja in black carrying out props and stuff.

Awwwwwwww.....dammit :naughty:

Let's compromise instead of bickering about this.

I wear a Cochlear Implant, but I don't always understand speech. I fare well with my own family members and friends that I've known for years, but for strangers--- I can't understand them.

It may work for SOME people, mostly late deafened adults who already know what sounds are like and they adapt easier.

It works for some, for some it doesn't and let's leave it at that. The research that "proved" that it works well probably had more late deafened adults wearing CI in their study group.

But for the deaf culture, we use CI as an assistive device or even accessory perhaps. ;) A lot of people I know who have CI, they either got rid of their CI or just use it to help themselves lipread better.

Let's end this bickering right now and be friends again.

Very well said. Let's just hope that those who need to read this will.

It wasn't Bebonang that changed the direction.

No? Looks to me like a pretty concentrated effort to bash CIs despite several reminders that CI users should be able to ask for suggestions for accommodations to see an ASL play without having CIs bashed in the process or being accused of pushing "oral only":

:Oops: Oh, brother, I should have thought of this and you are absolutely right that I should ignore this when they started complaining or arguing with the CI or ORAL ONLY. Then I will just have to ignore this.

:iough:

Hearing people expect to have their CI users to be hearing all the way just like you and FJ. Hum bah.

If CI users claim that they can listen to the spoken English like the telephone or cellphone or people who speak, then that would make some of the CI users who can do that but others can not listen very well. They will still miss out what hearing people or someone over the telephone said. So maybe some of the CI work but I doubt that it could not be 100% to understand perfect in order to be hearing all the way. That is what fishy about all this talk about hoping for the deaf to be able to listen and hear perfectly. Hum bah. :roll:

Kristina, that happen to be me as I said it is impossible for them to hear clearly and listen as not every one could pick up the words that easily. If they understand and listen with spoken language, then they are hearing. Not hard of hearing or deaf. Right?

It does not make sense to have the CI as a hearing devices to help them listen which is why I said it is impossible in another thread arguing with them. :(

So now you want us to suffer some more of listening if they end up not understand what a person is saying especially a play. It is not the same hearing as the hearing people hear. And it is not garbage. I don't care what you think about us not being right. We are saying what it need to be said when it come to having hearing people like you think that CI is a breakthrough to make us hear again or being able to hear without lipreading. It is the same with the hearing aids for years too. You are no different than what we had to put up with hearing people in the past. So now back on Topic. :eek3:

Are you talking about listening again? I still can not believe you still don't get it when we have tried to tell you over and over that CI is just a tool for us to hear sounds, not to pick up words very well. CI people can pick up a few but not a whole lot of sentences or words with the voice interpreter. It just does not work that way anyway. It does not matter what people think. You are just afraid that every CI person want to sign ASL or let them know that CI does not work. And as a matter of fact, we are talking about a performance in the ASL play. Topic is to find a way to help CI understand what the play is about. So don't give us more of your talk about listening. :roll:

As for the CI or anyone deaf who does not know sign language should be able to take up sign language classes and attend the play someday in the future. Having the CART is not a good way to interpret and you will miss the play. It is not the same like close captioned on T.V. or Movies. That is a big problem for anyone (deaf person) not understanding sign language. :hmm:

Grendel....... like i said... but here goes... look at what TRIGGERED Beb and DRAGGED it along.... which was TOTALLY NOT NECESSARY...

Grendel....... like i said... but here goes... look at what TRIGGERED Beb and DRAGGED it along.... which was TOTALLY NOT NECESSARY...

Yes, I see where you see a trigger, but we all need to exercise some self control. A filter where we look at things from each other's perspective. That could as easily be taken as an aside, a reminder, and not a launching pad for ugliness.

Yes, I see where you see a trigger, but we all need to exercise some self control. A filter where we look at things from each other's perspective. That could as easily be taken as an aside, a reminder, and not a launching pad for ugliness.

:) Then why is the launching pad is always put out by a certain poster. Again, not necessary.

This kind of behavior aint exactly clubby and shouldn't be defended.

That's why I try to avoid the launching pad because I recongized that I was getting set off again and again. Not healthy and it would be good to disassemble it.

:) Then why is the launching pad is always put out by a certain poster. Again, not necessary.

This kind of behavior aint exactly clubby and shouldn't be defended.

==================================================

That's why I try to avoid the launching pad because I recongized that I was getting set off again and again. Not healthy and it would be good to disassemble it.

+1

All The Way -

Oh. perhaps, you may change your mind and join the naked people someday? :eek3: just holla us!

Originally Posted by Bebonang
If they understand and listen with spoken language, then they are hearing. Not hard of hearing or deaf. Right?
I wear a power HA. I am able to understand & listen with spoken language...BUT I don't hear/understand 100%. Yes, I am deaf (w/o my HAs) / HofH.

There you go. And I find it extremely ironic that a hearing person comes to a deaf forum to tell a deaf individual that they are not entitled to their opionion regarding CI...or anything concerning deafness.

This is getting ridiculous.

There you go. And I find it extremely ironic that a hearing person comes to a deaf forum to tell a deaf individual that they are not entitled to their opionion regarding CI...or anything concerning deafness.

This is getting ridiculous.

I agree, thank you ! :)

I agree, thank you ! :)

NP. And I think, after reading a few more posts in various threads that I would like to revise by statement that "I find it ironic" to "I find it completely unnacceptable."

Back