usa pay interpreter for foreign person?

kkm

Reaction score
hi,

I hope you have got law about interpreter. If I go in USA and I need interpreter for school in gnomonschool, but I am not citizen of USA. How? please help me. thank you.

Gnomon School of Visual Effects | Professional 3D Training in Hollywood, CA is nice school for me. I learn alot of visual effects. my life is 25 and half part of my life spent only digital.

is it possible? or I must pay for itself?

Which language do you use?

Have you contacted the counselor for international students? You need to first know if you are eligible to attend that school.

I looked at the website, and I couldn't find a link to a disabilities office. I think you need to find out from the college if they have a disabilities counselor. That counselor is usually responsible for setting up interpreting services for students.

hi reba,
thanks for your time. my language is german but I can understand asl, no problem for me. I am from singapore and live in switzerland.
I dont know about law in usa. that is problem for me. I know in Switzerland and EU only.
In switzerland, we deaf order the interpreter via Procom | Stiftung Kommunikationshilfen für Hörgeschädigte in der Schweiz
the goverment pay for the education and what do with goverment and not e.g party or privat we pay for itself.
and in USA?

>counselor for international students?
you mean, in gnomon school office or embassy from switzerland in usa?
gnomonschool is privat and not official for student in usa or world. the pay is not from goverment.

kkm

hi reba,
thanks for your time. my language is german but I can understand asl, no problem for me. I am from singapore and live in switzerland.
I dont know about law in usa. that is problem for me. I know in Switzerland and EU only.
In switzerland, we deaf order the interpreter via Procom | Stiftung Kommunikationshilfen für Hörgeschädigte in der Schweiz
the goverment pay for the education and what do with goverment and not e.g party or privat we pay for itself.
and in USA?

>counselor for international students?
you mean, in gnomon school office or embassy from switzerland in usa?
gnomonschool is privat and not official for student in usa or world. the pay is not from goverment.

kkm
This is the counselor for international students at Gnomon school:

Gnomon School of Visual Effects | Student Services

American students can get interpreter services at colleges in the United States. The school pays for the interpreter services.

But you are an international student, not American, so I'm not sure what the policy is. I'll try to find out more.

In the meantime, contact the college to find out if they have a disabilities office, and contact the international students office at Gnomon.

The ADA applies to places, not people. Anyone in the United States is eligible to have ADA services, it doesn't matter if they are American or not. Likewise, if an American travels overseas, they do not get ADA services.

So it should be no problem to get an interpreter as long as the school provides interpreters for deaf people.

The ADA applies to places, not people. Anyone in the United States is eligible to have ADA services, it doesn't matter if they are American or not. Likewise, if an American travels overseas, they do not get ADA services.

So it should be no problem to get an interpreter as long as the school provides interpreters for deaf people.
That's what I thought except for the "Americans with Disabilities Act"--I wasn't sure if that terminology would limit it to "Americans". :hmm:

That's why I'm NOT a lawyer. :lol:

@Etoile,
I first want to tell you, Hi Etoile and thank you for your time.
if an American travels overseas
okay, I will get visum M-1. that I am Student in usa, not tourist. okay? I get support by goverment?

bye kkm

Back