US officially ends Iraq war

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has the enemy done to us that is much worse?

You mean the people who died in 9/11? Yes, that was an atrocious act: about 3,000 innocent American civilians died.

Or, are you referring to all of our American troops who have died? about 4500.

Or are you talking about the damage to our infrastructure and public safety? The destruction of three skyscrapers, various lasting health side effects, some severe, on rescue workers, marginal damage to the infrastructure of NYC. Contaminants in air and water cleared after a few days.

Okay, let's just say all of it. Now, multiple each of those numbers by 1000 and you will begin to scratch the surface of just how destructive this war has been for our "enemies."

I seriously doubt foreign enemies set the charges that brought down the towers.

Keeping those at bay who bomb our towers or our harbors is what keeps Americans alive.

I didn't specifically mention Iraq in that statement. Frankly, anybody who bombs our towers. Or any part of America. Oh well.

Iraq did nothing to the USA.

Right. It was an unwarranted invasion. Fantasy was fed to the American public in an attempt to justify the unjustifiable action. There is nothing "honorable" about invading a country that poses virtually no threat and killing millions.

Right. Most of the terrorists came from Saudi Arabia. Yet the US government treated them as if they were their best friends. Hmm.

Terrorists? They were patsies, the fall guys.

Speaking from someone who has three YOUNG family members who are now home. First two were shot and injured and never went back. The third one just came home from his fifth tour at the age of 26. He had been shot two times and stayed. The 3rd time was awful, even to just think about. He is/was a sniper. They always have their look out person, who they eat with, sleep by, talk to, basically inseparable. One day while still there a young child approached his spotter and asked for candy. My nephew "the sniper" told him to stop. A little late, the child raised his hands and blew himself up along side this young solider. My nephew saw the whole thing. He also was severely injured. Broken ribs, collapsed lung etc.
What about his MIND!! He came back to the States lomg enough to accompany his partners body, and watch his burial along side his family. Then returned back to "the war". How do these young men and women return to a normal home. I must think of PTS. I pray that he some how can move on and lead a happy, normal life. Same thing to all the returning soldiers who have witnessed this type of horrific, senseless killing of our young men and women. That's why I say "God Bless our troops" they need it"!!!

Keeping those at bay who bomb our towers or our harbors is what keeps Americans alive.

I didn't specifically mention Iraq in that statement. Frankly, anybody who bombs our towers. Or any part of America. Oh well.

Most of the hardcore Left would prefer we wait until after the fact to do our hand-wringing. "Oh those terrible terrorists! How can this happen?"

Most of the hardcore Left would prefer we wait until after the fact to do our hand-wringing. "Oh those terrible terrorists! How can this happen?"

Wow, are you actually trolling?

Wouldn't have expected that from you.

I just want to ask something but I think you will yell and bitch at me.....

Wow, are you actually trolling?

Wouldn't have expected that from you.

Sorry we disagree.

Seemed that making negative comments regarding our service personnel is also trolling, IMO. The business of war is never pretty, but those that were drafted and fought in my generation were not simply robotic idiots that loved a good kill. Your blanket statements regarding military personnel after 1945 included those men and women. Seemed like this thread was becoming a "bashing the military" thread. Alleycat had to basically defend her SO that served in Iraq.

Sorry we disagree.

Seemed that making negative comments regarding our service personnel is also trolling, IMO. The business of war is never pretty, but those that were drafted and fought in my generation were not simply robotic idiots that loved a good kill. Your blanket statements regarding military personnel after 1945 included those men and women. Seemed like this thread was becoming a "bashing the military" thread. Alleycat had to basically defend her SO that served in Iraq.

We're bashing the government's motives for sending the soldiers into war. Not the military itself.

It is beyond me how anyone can ignore this fact. The returning vets don't need our "thanks" and then to be sent on their merry way to start life anew. They need our compassion and help to recover from what they have endured.

You mean compassion like this...

Oh cut the demagoguery bullshit. Where did I say I don't appreciate the sacrifices made by American soldiers? I said I don't have sympathy when one dies--any soldier, not just ours. Do I have to cry a river every time someone gets blown up by an IED or pegged with with a an AK-47 round? Oh gee, nothing like that is supposed to happen in war! Give me a break. You can tack on all this honor and protection crap, but soldiers know what they sign up for. They sign up for war. And war is hell. So long as the innocent Iraqi civilians who have died continue to be a footnote in this whole thing, you won't get any sympathy from me. Keep crying your crocodile tears.

And now I will say this: No American soldier has died for my freedom since 1945. Since the end of WWII, all American acts of war have been imperialistic, unjustified, and overly aggressive uses of force meant to further the interests of the military-industrial complex and/or the corporatocracy that supports the global empire of the elite. To believe otherwise is pure ignorance.

jillio and deafskeptic like this.

How civilized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back