Update on my shoulder rehab after surgery

That is great you're going good. What kind of surgery did you have done?
I am asking as I need to have surgery for a bone spur in my shoulder. I read on web site that some people are still in pain 6 months after their surgery!
I am older to so it would take longer for my body to heal.
I am glad your surgery when so well for you!!

My shoulder was to repair a torn labrum. My surgeon also did a little work on my rotator cuff d/t my many years throwing.

yeah, shoulder surgery can hurt while rehabing and some do develop some arthritis afterwards, but depends a lot on the type of surgery and how dilligent the rehab is pursued by the patient. I still ache the day after throwing- but I've only been throwing for about a month now so that can be expected. By now (almost 6 months after surgery) I have all my range of motion back, and basically rehab is done except for arm strength which will come with use and workouts.

Great to know your shoulder surgery went well, and that you are on the road to recovery. I am just curious though; what did you do to your shoulder?

I'm curious, too. I have some issues with my shoulders that need surgery, but I'm trying like crazy to avoid surgery. Mainly, I have a torn rotator cuff and arthritis in both shoulders. There maybe spurs in there as well! My poor shoulders are a mess!

Thanks for the update. I hope everything continues to go well for you. :)

I hope be hear your feeling better update I am not see you long time!

Thanks for the update. I hope everything continues to go well for you. :)

I hope be hear your feeling better update I am not see you long time!

Thank you so much for your regards. :) I really am so happy things are going great. I am almost 100% in less than 6 months. Average recovery time that is typical of the surgery I had is 9-12 months. I have played 2 softball games now and am MOST happy I can throw well already. When I started throwing I was real scared to let it rip, but I think Im over it as I have realized my shoulder is healed well enough to tolerate that.

My shoulder was to repair a torn labrum. My surgeon also did a little work on my rotator cuff d/t my many years throwing.

yeah, shoulder surgery can hurt while rehabing and some do develop some arthritis afterwards, but depends a lot on the type of surgery and how dilligent the rehab is pursued by the patient. I still ache the day after throwing- but I've only been throwing for about a month now so that can be expected. By now (almost 6 months after surgery) I have all my range of motion back, and basically rehab is done except for arm strength which will come with use and workouts.

That is great you got all your ROM back. I know I need to do something my shoulder. I already have arthritis so many surgery would not work for me.

That is great you got all your ROM back. I know I need to do something my shoulder. I already have arthritis so many surgery would not work for me.

If you have severe degenerative changes in your shoulder a surgeon might suggest a total shoulder replacement. They will try other things first though to see if they can make your discomfort manageable. As far as post operative pain, I was very scared of it. I had dozens of patients after shoulder surgery have terrible pain management. With mine, after 2 weeks I didn't need any more pain pills (narcotic). I just take motrin as needed since then. I feel lucky about it and it only made me persevere more with my rehab.

If you have severe degenerative changes in your shoulder a surgeon might suggest a total shoulder replacement. They will try other things first though to see if they can make your discomfort manageable. As far as post operative pain, I was very scared of it. I had dozens of patients after shoulder surgery have terrible pain management. With mine, after 2 weeks I didn't need any more pain pills (narcotic). I just take motrin as needed since then. I feel lucky about it and it only made me persevere more with my rehab.

I have a bone spur in shoulder and I get horrible pain if I move my arm the wrong way.My ROM is really bad in my right arm. I found a web site whee people said they where in pain 6 months after having a bone spur removed from their shoulder! After I read that I chickened out of having surgery!
Cluck cluck cluck !!

Back