UPDATE for BLACKBERRY USERS

Cool but I don't belong to T-MOBILE but do you upgrade via BB or from desktop manager?? if Desktop manager, do you have to save a backup then restore after upgrade??? please advise and thanks...

It has to be done using the desktop manager. When doing the upgrade it will ask you if you want to backup or not.

Cool but I don't belong to T-MOBILE but do you upgrade via BB or from desktop manager?? if Desktop manager, 1) do you have to save a backup then restore after upgrade??? please advise and thanks...

Another note, I don't think 8320 is gonna come out after all... grr.. 2) I heard that WIFI isn't the safest thing for the BB due to hacking (is that true?? )
Hi C Chick

1) A full backup and restore of all personal data is part of the loading process. Promise, My personal emails/data didn't lose me after loaded upgrade on my bb 8700g. I see it new feature looks EXACTLY like 8800/ curve's os version. its more refresh. No need to buy curve nor 8800 device. Anyway BB upgrade is capable with 8700 c, r, and g only If who unlocked device for tmobile service. for good instance, O2 os software can downgrade on the unlocked att curve for t-mobile users. O2 and T-mobile are similar operate systems.

2) Yeah Me either what I heard RIM worry that curve uma is not safe for hotspot wifi on article internet I read. I don't know if that is true. but what about mda/ t-mobile wing has wifi/ hotspot. I did not hear anything from msa/ tom wing user who complaint that someone hacked their mda/tmo wing thru wifi hotspot.

I will post you as let you know how s going along with 8700 with new 4.2 version soon, promise. :)

Hi C Chick

1) A full backup and restore of all personal data is part of the loading process. Promise, My personal emails/data didn't lose me after loaded upgrade on my bb 8700g. I see it new feature looks EXACTLY like 8800/ curve's os version. its more refresh. No need to buy curve nor 8800 device. Anyway BB upgrade is capable with 8700 c, r, and g only If who unlocked device for tmobile service. for good instance, O2 os software can downgrade on the unlocked att curve for t-mobile users. O2 and T-mobile are similar operate systems.

2) Yeah Me either what I heard RIM worry that curve uma is not safe for hotspot wifi on article internet I read. I don't know if that is true. but what about mda/ t-mobile wing has wifi/ hotspot. I did not hear anything from msa/ tom wing user who complaint that someone hacked their mda/tmo wing thru wifi hotspot.

I will post you as let you know how s going along with 8700 with new 4.2 version soon, promise. :)

thanks with appreciation smile...

I think it just not for BB but for laptops for the wifi hotspots to be wary ....
what about the 8820?? I'm confused what's the difference between 8820 and the curve??

Upgrading Yak On! for Yak-On users only

YAK-ON users, If you haven't upgrade from 1.22 to 1.25 on your BB lately? Good start, just following this instruct.

Upgrading Yak On!

You may directly download the new software without first deleting the old version, and your BlackBerry
will prompt for permission to upgrade. If for any reason the upgrade fails, you should delete the software and re-install.

To delete the old version

Option one, deleting directly off the Blackberry Device:

a) Go to Options->Applications and choose any application
b) Select "Modules" from the track wheel menu
c) Scroll to the bottom and choose Yak On! and select Delete from the trackwheel menu. You don't need to reboot the phone yet, do that after deleting YakOnPrefs
d) Repeat step c for YakOnPrefs
e) It is important that the phone reboots after deleting YakOnPrefs and before installing the upgrade

After deleting the old version, download the new version: http://www.yak-on.com/download/YakOn_1.25.jad on your mobile web browser Via OTA (aka Over The Air).

I wish you the best of luck!

thanks with appreciation smile...

I think it just not for BB but for laptops for the wifi hotspots to be wary ....
what about the 8820?? I'm confused what's the difference between 8820 and the curve??
C_Chick, Your welcome!

Anyway I comply agree with your comments of wifi that is not great for BB, some reasons. but wifi hotspots is best tool for laptop SINCE 1993. :)

Thank you for bring 8820 up on this.. Let us wait and see what people comments about their 8820 within wifi which already released in europe. I heard the rumors that 8820 will coming to att in USA this fall soon! like I say LET WAIT AND SEE.

C_Chick, Your welcome!

Anyway I comply agree with your comments of wifi that is not great for BB, some reasons. but wifi hotspots is best tool for laptop SINCE 1993. :)

Thank you for bring 8820 up on this.. Let us wait and see what people comments about their 8820 within wifi which already released in europe. I heard the rumors that 8820 will coming to att in USA this fall soon! like I say LET WAIT AND SEE.

Coolie, but I want the CURVE lol 8320 I think... haven't heard anything about this yet... grrr...

T-Mobile launching BlackBerry Curve (8320) on WHEN???

Coolie, but I want the CURVE lol 8320 I think... haven't heard anything about this yet... grrr...
C_Chick,

I can definitely say that it's inevitable that T-Mobile will have some version of Curve -- eventually. So many places claim to have insider information. As far as I can tell, it's very hard to trust any of it. I remember just a few months ago when Boy Genius declared that T-Mobile would be the first to have Curve. BAM. AT&T got it. So retarded - and I was pissed enough.

So interesting - Former I had unlocked an AT&T Curve and returned it to att store and now they say 8320 is coming September. Whatever - I'll believe it when I see it. but if not then I tempt me will get an unlocked one AGAIN, I promise myself will hack the different OS load on unlock 8300 device from internet. I'm tired of playing the wait game.

Check that another thread: RIM Officially Announced BlackBerry Curve! | T-Mobile launching BlackBerry Curve (8320) on September, 24th I posted there :)

Last edited:
Good News for T-MOBILE BLACKBERRY

You might acknowledge that T-Mobile curve has full package IM like AIM, WL IM, Gloogle IM, YAhoo IM, ICQ IM and BLACKBERRY IM.

In morning, so I recently found a blackberry AIM, ICQ, MSN that now running my Blackberry curve complete. Now I'm even MORE excited.!. All IMs using DATA, not SMS.. YAY! YAY!

bbscreenshotaimgv2.jpg

bbscreenshotimclientyc8.jpg

bbscreenshotaimz2qs9.jpg

Yeah it only showed like 30 of my buddies. Pretty lame, how they improve but it's a start!

bbscreenshotmsn2zt7.jpg

It only works for 8320's

I no need Jivetalk, or other IM client programs download on my bb anymore!

For 8700g users, I don't know if aim is work for t-mobile blackberry 8700 services. You should give a try and let me know how it turn out? thank you.

thanks to T-Mobile

iPhone is your dream? its right here!

bPhone - a new FREE iPhone theme for BlackBerry

2007-09-26: Version 1.25 released
- Expanded date space in banner on Pearl versions
- Added 8300, 8800, and 8830 Today versions
- Added 8700 Icon, Zen, and Today versions

==============

^^ CLICK ^^
I created this to get myself reacquainted with Plazmic after a long absence. I know there are a lot of iPhone themes out there, and I don't know if mine is any better, but I thought I'd whip one up. Except for 7 or 8 icons directly from the iPhone, I created all the indicators, home screen icons, and buttons from scratch.

Desktop and OTA download links are here: RogersMJ.com: bPhone

^^ CLICK ^^

Sample pictures:

bcside2lm8.jpg

bctrackball2ea5.jpg

NOTE: Sidekick users, see that Blackberry apps are free for BB users, where sidekick apps free? Ooops sidekick's catalog give you limit apps and charge you some $$ for crappy apps , isnt it? Sorry, TOOBAD! :P

Last edited:
You can go to downloading from AIM for BlackBerry and ICQ for BlackBerry for FREE!
These are great software but:
- Can you do FILE TRANSFER on AIM? Yes, file transfer! Send your cameraphone photo to your AIM buddy!!!
- Can you logon TWO BUDDY ACCOUNTS at same time?
- Can you log into MSN / AIM / Google in the same list?
- Can you change the themes to optionally look like IRC / ballon-style / RIM-style / iPhone style / barebones-style?

I can do it all on my BlackBerry now! I recently switched to JiveTalk for my BlackBerry and I am totally amazed how good it is: My JiveTalk Review. It's amazing and more stable than RIM's software -- it disconnects me less often which is impressive.

No, I don't work for them! I'm just amazed I can do it all now...

bPhone - a new FREE iPhone theme for BlackBerry

2007-09-26: Version 1.25 released
- Expanded date space in banner on Pearl versions
- Added 8300, 8800, and 8830 Today versions
- Added 8700 Icon, Zen, and Today versions

==============

^^ CLICK ^^
I created this to get myself reacquainted with Plazmic after a long absence. I know there are a lot of iPhone themes out there, and I don't know if mine is any better, but I thought I'd whip one up. Except for 7 or 8 icons directly from the iPhone, I created all the indicators, home screen icons, and buttons from scratch.

Desktop and OTA download links are here: RogersMJ.com: bPhone

^^ CLICK ^^

Sample pictures:

bcside2lm8.jpg

bctrackball2ea5.jpg

NOTE: Sidekick users, see that Blackberry apps are free for BB users, where sidekick apps free? Ooops sidekick's catalog give you limit apps and charge you some $$ for crappy apps , isnt it? Sorry, TOOBAD! :P

AWESOME!!!! gonna do that on my next bb... now I'm having a hard time now with which one to get now as my g/f has the red pearl and it's sooo cool looking and easy to use...

XBGM3R or Mark, can you help me compare as I heard there's gonna be a 8130 pearl so compare it with 8820 and 8320 I believe.... I can't decide but need your help to tell me the which specifications are better... thanks wink...

These are great software but:
- Can you do FILE TRANSFER on AIM? Yes, file transfer! Send your cameraphone photo to your AIM buddy!!!
- Can you logon TWO BUDDY ACCOUNTS at same time?
- Can you log into MSN / AIM / Google in the same list?
- Can you change the themes to optionally look like IRC / ballon-style / RIM-style / iPhone style / barebones-style?

I can do it all on my BlackBerry now! I recently switched to JiveTalk for my BlackBerry and I am totally amazed how good it is: My JiveTalk Review. It's amazing and more stable than RIM's software -- it disconnects me less often which is impressive.

No, I don't work for them! I'm just amazed I can do it all now...
Mark Rejhon, calm down, I do understand that you are exciting about Jivetalk you really fall in love already.

You need to understand some deaf bb users can't afford to pay JiveTalk or hate JT ( who knows). They look the BB package IM apps in their BB for simply and free. Blackberry IMs are good and reliable.. RIM save bb users and keep them happy with RIM business.. You should be thank to RIM!

AWESOME!!!! gonna do that on my next bb... now I'm having a hard time now with which one to get now as my g/f has the red pearl and it's sooo cool looking and easy to use...

XBGM3R or Mark, can you help me compare as I heard there's gonna be a 8130 pearl so compare it with 8820 and 8320 I believe.... I can't decide but need your help to tell me the which specifications are better... thanks wink...
Chick, I admit you that I have no clue about 8130 aka Pearl 2 and 8820 for now. Because I am not interesting 81XX series plus loathe pearl's suretype (not fully QWRTY kybd). Sorry!

Chick, I admit you that I have no clue about 8130 aka Pearl 2 and 8820 for now. Because I am not interesting 81XX series plus loathe pearl's suretype. Sorry!

hehehe smile I know what you mean smile.. lol.. as you always seemed to find good info so I thought I'll give it a try lol... smile I'm still for 8320 still but will it have WIfi (rogers)?

CDMA or G3 looks like it's coming onto 8830 not too sure...

Mark Rejhon, calm down, I do understand that you are exciting about Jivetalk you really fall in love already.

You need to understand some deaf bb users can't afford to pay JiveTalk or hate JT ( who knows). They look the BB package IM apps in their BB for simply and free. Blackberry IMs are good and reliable.. RIM save bb users and keep them happy with RIM business.. You should be thank to RIM!

If people can afford the BB and the monthly BIS service, I doubt the extra 20 for JT will break the bank especially when its totally worth it.

Calm down, I've worked for companies that make RIM software, and I program BlackBerry software for a living! I have gone to RIM before, conventions, and meet some people there. Many of RIM's employees also love JiveTalk too! They love it, and they don't mind the competition because it makes BlackBerry more popular.

Java, J2ME, JDE. I also program C++ and C# for Windows Mobile / Pocket PC / SmartPhone too, and I also program for the PalmOS platform.

Kudos goes to RIM for making good 'free' software. However, it should be pointed out that JiveTalk is very cheap: Cheaper than 1 month of BlackBerry bill!

Be nice to people that work with BlackBerry for a living! ;-)

Calm down, I've worked for companies that make RIM software, and I program BlackBerry software for a living! I have gone to RIM before, conventions, and meet some people there. Many of RIM's employees also love JiveTalk too! They love it, and they don't mind the competition because it makes BlackBerry more popular.

Java, J2ME, JDE. I also program C++ and C# for Windows Mobile / Pocket PC / SmartPhone too, and I also program for the PalmOS platform.

Kudos goes to RIM for making good 'free' software. However, it should be pointed out that JiveTalk is very cheap: Cheaper than 1 month of BlackBerry bill!

QUESTION for you Mark, will rogers come out with 8320?? if so, when???

If people can afford the BB and the monthly BIS service, I doubt the extra 20 for JT will break the bank especially when its totally worth it.
Iraed, LOL thats true. $20 bucks that is reasonable price! What if deaf bb users got the replaced one/ don't happy with bb device, some wanted their JT transfer to New BB or the replacement one, but can't transfer. Unless people pay 30 bucks for transfer JT from their device to replacement one or new devices. ;)

Mark Rejhon, Yes thats true, JT's price is very reasonable price over IM+'s price. So just depend on individual who can afford to pay JT or when individual who feel ready to pruchase it.. no push them to get JT.. give them more time.. :)
Anyway, I ain't surprise RIM's Many employees also use JiveTalk. smile.

QUESTION for you Mark, will rogers come out with 8320?? if so, when???
I don't think they're planning to release 8320. They probably will go directly to 9000-series in 2008.

I like the 8310 better than 8320 because I like GPS better than WiFi.
(8310 has GPS but NO WiFi ...... but 8320 has WiFi but NO GPS)
I don't need WiFi in my BlackBerry because I use WiFi on my laptop...
And I get good Rogers reception almost everywhere...

screenshotupdatebbyahoolc6.jpg

You can see ole version of 1.0.95 replaced by new version 2.0.33

screenshotnewyahoo3bj9.jpg

New v2.0. of what is inside Yahoo IM feature:

interface

bar

Photo icon

More Options

Chat history

If you head over to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry you will see that they have new versions of Yahoo Instant Messenger for BlackBerry and Google Talk for BlackBerry available for you to download.

I’ve only downloaded the Google Talk client as of yet and from what I see so far it appears to be a significant upgrade to the interface. You can see the profile pictures of yourself and your contacts.

Free BlackBerry download…

Good Luck

Back