Understand me?

Thank you all for respond, but I still have problem with this...ok listen...he has never bought anything for me in 2 years, he says that he cares for my son, but never does that much with him. MY son loves him like his real father, but we keep getting less, but we give soo much to him. I have given him many things, I cook for him, I love time with him, I give him attention, bute all he gives is excuses. I am hearing, and again he is deaf. My family loves him, but his family does not like me. I think that he tells only part of the truth when we argue. ok...when I say to him why is he being mean or why is he arguing qith me..his response is "where hurt u huh"? I tell to him that he hurt me in heart because of thing he not do for me.
We do not go out, he did not buy for me or my son christmas, birthday, his did not valentines day, and he did not do special with me on my College graduation. I told him that in Dec. 2005 that I wsa finished with school , but that in MAy 2006 was the graduation, I was soo upset from all that he didn't DO...that I remind him about it a LOT.... so when my graduation came, he said that he was not going, because I didn't tell him and he uses ..."different me deaf" all the time. I feeel stupid for all of this..for still being there after he didn't do soo much..but I feel that MAYBE....just MAYBE there is a chance.. PLEASE help with me about this. I admit he tells me that I don't understand him deaf all the time, but I have friends who are of the same community and he really enjoy our time when I see them. What do????
Whoa, tough! I had experinces with this same issues I had before.. I already woke up who I am and changed my life before too late. :)

I can see the way he is.. He is currently live in grab theory among deaf community influnce his thinkings and sayings what he speak his mind on you for two years.. OUCH! ...UNBELIEVE that he is really waste your times for two years without romances, communcations, and gifts.. sigh*... He won't change his life for himself nor for your's sake.. even He will refuse to change himself for who he is for your son's sake... You can look him in person thinking whole about himself without share you or even his son also.. what the WASTE?

I really HATE to saying, you better move on your own things and son for yourself without him. don't live with him, he will wake up and realize what the mistakens he had made. Or He never will be..

BUT, but...You both need go to see DR. Phil who is expert how to solve your relationship..

Good Luck!

Wow, you're better off dumping him in the trash afterall, he sure sounds like a jerk...

First tell him in what way he is lacking, and how he is not worthy of you and your son.

Then kick him out of the door. And say :bye: moron!

Like I said if he is unwilling to see that you are understanding....get out now of that relationship. I have gone thru a similair relationship myself for almost 2 years and I know your pain only thing is that my guy was hearing and I am deaf, he never did much for me like he said he was until after my birthday last year. Then he started complaining I wanted too much. BS!! I was acting like any other woman. He also was not very kind about my choice in having a few pets to keep me calm when not with him. I know your feel but the move you need to make is there in front of you. I would dump him if I were you. He is not worth it. PM me if you like!!

I went through something similer with this same guy deafmedicalpoet is talking about. The only thing really different is that I'm 790 miles away. But he would go from being nice to being a jerk. On presidents day I left him after he called me the word for a female dog. I've been much happier since. He would cause me lots of stress and issues and aways wanted to talk to me for hours a day and take me away from other things. But I'm not the type for a relationship anyway so its cool with me.

I think you should level with him until he is willing to tell you the truth.. I am not sure what do you mean? Am i right?

I'm trying to figure out what Beautifull sees in this guy. I didn't read anything positive or desirable about him. :dunno:

I agree with Reba, after reading about this guy there was nothing positive about him. If he's going to be letting you down and not making any efforts to show he really cares about you then dump him and find a better fella whose going to love you in return not just a oneway thing.

Tell you what ... Just dump him as he remind me of my ex husband. Your boyfriend control over you and thinking he is getting away with it . Doesn't matter whether deaf or hearing they are all the same ... Move on and thinking of yourself and your son for change .. and good luck ... :)

I take your side. that's true

Uh oh I m sorry to hear what u says about ur bf.. It sound like ur bf been using you to be his gf cuz he haven't spend anything for you or ur son. that mean he dont love ya ever as he still usin u for that... also he hasn't support u or ur son for what ur needs.. So that showin he don't love you by using you for that.. So he already waste ur time for two yrs.. It would be dumb to waste ur time for havin a relationship with him.. i think it would be good thing for you to leave him for good as he will learn his lesson to gettin wake up or something.. or he would be happy for u to leave him.. or he is waitin for u to leave him or dump him for good.. Your bf will be no good one for you like mr wrong man.. no mr right guy .. Don't want to see ur gettin hurt from him..
2 yrs is wastes...
hope u will be fine... smile

One thing points to me is that he is too bloody selfish !!!! Using his "me deaf" attitude is one hell of an idiot to use it !!!
Im with a hearing man in a relationship and im deaf. He does not sign but he understand how hard it is for me to understand what i have missed but he is my ear to tell me what is going on.
For you beautiufl .. move on he is not worth it time for you to give him the boot up his arse and out the door !!!

Thank you all for respond, but I still have problem with this...ok listen...he has never bought anything for me in 2 years, he says that he cares for my son, but never does that much with him. MY son loves him like his real father, but we keep getting less, but we give soo much to him. I have given him many things, I cook for him, I love time with him, I give him attention, bute all he gives is excuses. I am hearing, and again he is deaf. My family loves him, but his family does not like me. I think that he tells only part of the truth when we argue. ok...when I say to him why is he being mean or why is he arguing qith me..his response is "where hurt u huh"? I tell to him that he hurt me in heart because of thing he not do for me.
We do not go out, he did not buy for me or my son christmas, birthday, his did not valentines day, and he did not do special with me on my College graduation. I told him that in Dec. 2005 that I wsa finished with school , but that in MAy 2006 was the graduation, I was soo upset from all that he didn't DO...that I remind him about it a LOT.... so when my graduation came, he said that he was not going, because I didn't tell him and he uses ..."different me deaf" all the time. I feeel stupid for all of this..for still being there after he didn't do soo much..but I feel that MAYBE....just MAYBE there is a chance.. PLEASE help with me about this. I admit he tells me that I don't understand him deaf all the time, but I have friends who are of the same community and he really enjoy our time when I see them. What do????

If he doesn't even bother to celebrate things with you, whats the point of being with him? Using his deafness as an excuse makes me think he's an idiot. Just my opinion, but I don't used my hearing loss as an excuse to get out of anything(besides lectures from parents!). I say kick him out. He's a loser and an idiot. I'm sure you can do better than him, plus, he's not really setting a great example for your son!!!

-Krista

If he can't spend any money on you, obviously you deserve better because he still doesn't know how to share on that level, and on that level as life partners you do need to share, or have no arguments about it!

Nope...maybe venus and mars that I problary to be undeststand bettert than this earth here?

Are you saying your boyfriend is playing the poor me card on you and trying to take advantage of you? Since you spend money on him he shld be fair with you but seems like he is being selfish and using the me deaf card on you. Ur better off leaving him.

I agree. I had the similar problem with my ex with some of those. I'm happy to be divorced. He barely give us money. Doesn't spend gifts to my kids than he used to. Although, he takes us out sometimes but sometimes???? He kept them saving for himself and traveling to Mexico back and forth every 6 months or every 3 months. Was it right? No, I'm glad I dumped him. I used to cook for him but when I found out he doesn't want to pay his share. I stopped cooking for him and started cooking for 3 (me and my kids). He got frustrated but that his problem. He also did the same thing just like you said about your bf, that he thought I don't utd him, he has a lack of communication. Pretty stupid, he blamed me too much for misunderstanding him. But his communication went down the drain than when he was young. The body language of his became opposite than what our body languages should be. Was the old injury finally caught up on him? Was he secretly using drug with his hearing buddies in past even thought he quitted (drugs can cause the brain to malfunction and lose the communication skill and sometimes the motor skill)? Was he spending too much with his so-called hearing buddies drinking, listening to their advices and get into crazy argument with me for NO reason? I said to myself, "Is it worth staying with him or dump him?" I decided to divorce him. And I'm glad I did with no regret. No more stress, no more pressure, and no more arguement in my home. Right now, I'm taking my time to heal and to catch up my life.

Suggestion in an old-fashioned way:

1. Dump him
2. Take your time. You need to start fresh again and wait for a while. Don't rush.
3. There are many fish in the ocean. Find a fish in the sea and fish the nice one out.

I hope you will be okay. I had help a few women with the similar relationships. I also help guys get out of the similar situation the same way as women have. It's NOT a pretty picture, but sure enough I've seen everything. People would come to me and tell me. I'm all ears to them as my mom described me as a listener to problems people have and solve their problems together.

ur just a toy to him. cuz if a guy truly cares abt his girl... he WOULD do ANYTHING to make his girl happy. he doesnt do shyt for u so dont stay. its gonna be real tough on you because u do love him from the sounds of it. but from my experiences... i STRONGLY recommend u to go find someone else or go single. dont let him play u like that! like everyone says... dump his ass.

I may regret arguing about this later, but I'm sick of these stupid lies she's been spreading about me...

Like I said if he is unwilling to see that you are understanding....get out now of that relationship. I have gone thru a similair relationship myself for almost 2 years and I know your pain only thing is that my guy was hearing and I am deaf, he never did much for me like he said he was until after my birthday last year. Then he started complaining I wanted too much. BS!! I was acting like any other woman.
Yeah, and you should have learned to let go sooner than that. I have IM logs that prove that you were unwilling to let go of me until we broke up in July. You just didn't understand that we were not compatible until it was too late. Love isn't necessarily being in a romantic relationship permanently, and sharing every single interest. It takes on many forms, and breaking up and turning it into a friendship of some sort is actually one of them. I offered breaking up and changing it to a friendship as an option because I didn't like how my lack of a desire for sex or kids was causing tension between us. But instead, you kept begging me to stay. And against my better judgment, I continued it anyway, at your request.

I didn't want a dating relationship. Get over it already! As an asexual, I did not want someone who acted just like "any other woman"! And when I found out I was asexual, you pretended to be asexual too. So if anything, you put yourself through this. I didn't put you through anything.

It's not fair to hold grudges against me because you chose to lie about yourself.
He also was not very kind about my choice in having a few pets to keep me calm when not with him.
I didn't say I didn't like pets. If you were paying attention to the big picture, I said your pets were limiting your ability to move away from your abusive mother because shelters don't typically allow pets, and I didn't want your mom to harm your pets. It had nothing to do with you

I know your feel but the move you need to make is there in front of you. I would dump him if I were you. He is not worth it. PM me if you like!!
When two people are incompatible, breaking up doesn't necessarily have to involve hate. But somehow, you continue to hate me because I choose to lead a sexless life. That is none of your business. I want best friends out of life, not "dates". I want a one or two best friends to just have a special bond with. Romance just isn't for me.

So why are you spreading lies about how evil you think I am? And Shadow girl was my best friend, not my girlfriend. I saw her as a pal, not a date. I thought we settled that in January.

But you can continue living in your fantasy world of "Oh, poor me! He's such a monster because he never had sex with me! He must have hated me! And all his offers to break up with me were because he's so and hated me! But he did that to make me unhappy and forced me to stay with him! And he tried controlling poor Shadow girl by tricking her into being his girlfriend and not letting her be herself!" Do it if it makes you feel better. But know that Shadow girl's family and I know the truth.

And the truth, in fact, may surprise you and Shadow girl.

Face it, deafmedicalpoet, it didn't work. MOVE ON! I wasn't evil, and at the time, you weren't either. It just didn't work! Why not be happy about your new boyfriend instead of being mad at me? It will lower your stress level a lot.

And Shadow girl, I'm not mad at you at all. You'll know why when the time is right, my friend.

Please keep personal out of the forum. If u need to talk personal, then use PM. Thanks.

I think this thread is dead cuz the beautiful girl has not responded in months now. Looks like she got the advice here and made her decision. I may be wrong here but that is what it looks like now.

Back