UN authoizes all measures including no fly zone on Libya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So?

Here's to those who know the tricks
From booby traps to punji sticks:
They don't need the strength of thirty
When they can win by playing dirty.

:shrugs:

When you are fighting to defend your home, there's no such thing as playing dirty.

All is fair in love and war.

Wirelessly posted

TheWriteAlex said:
I may be on my own on this one.....But I think we should butt out. It's a civil war....Getting mixed up in those rarely ends well

I typically take an isolationist approach as well. But, then I remember another civil war that happened about 235 years ago. It was called the American Revolution, and without the help of France we'd all be speaking... English. :D

I know this isn't quite the same, but, it's a tough situation. The rebels have started up their revolution of their own accord. It wasn't instigating by outside forces, and from what I can tell, they are trying to overthrow a terrible despot. I think they deserve some help from the rest of the free world.

"Speaking English." Hilarious, considering the revolutionaries almost recruited Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

As far as intervention from the free world, eh: damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Now the French warplanes are attacking Gaffadyi's forces in Benghazi.

Three U.S. submarines are in Mediterranean and they are ready to strike targets there with cruise missiles.

When you are fighting to defend your home, there's no such thing as playing dirty.

All is fair in love and war.

yes there's such thing.

using child/woman as suicide bomber. using people as human shield. etc.

ugh. UN. It's seems as though the UN is

a) pointless, or
b) used as a cover for certain countries to ally themselves against another

Why would Ghadafi listen to the UN? Since when do sovereign nations "listen" to a weak international police force?

I'm not saying the UN is all failure. But I really wish Obama would be honest about why we're there instead of just saying, "Oh, they violated a cease-fire..."

I guess he did say something about promoting peace.

HAH!

Geneva Convention. Hague Convention.

I happen to agree that using children as bomb carriers is a violation of humanity.

Who makes the rules of war? The majority. It doesn't mean there's always a consequence. :/

Viet Minh were never subjected to the Geneva Convention or the Hague Convention because they weren't a recognizable governing body. Same with rebels and guerrilla movements elsewhere.

Viet Minh were never subjected to the Geneva Convention or the Hague Convention because they weren't a recognizable governing body. Same with rebels and guerrilla movements elsewhere.

Let's not let a little thing like logic get in the way of our grandiose thoughts. :wave:

I happen to agree that using children as bomb carriers is a violation of humanity.

Who makes the rules of war? The majority. It doesn't mean there's always a consequence. :/

:lol:

And yet these conventions allow for the bombing of targets that will likely result in civilian deaths, including many children. Except in this case, it's called "collateral damage."

The difference is a matter of moral perspective. But all war is morally wrong, so it makes no difference.

War in general is a violation of humanity.

Geneva Convention nor Hague Convention does not apply to rebels and guerrilla movement because it's for government during armed conflict. they're criminals like rapists and murderers.

so in that case, such treaties do not apply to Viet Minh and Osama bin Laden but it does to Adolf Hitler.

And yet these conventions allow for the bombing of targets that will likely result in civilian deaths, including many children. Except in this case, it's called "collateral damage."

you goddamn hippie :lol:

let me ask you this - did we INTENTIONALLY target those civilians?

Geneva Convention nor Hague Convention does not apply to rebels and guerrilla movement because it's for government during armed conflict. they're criminals like rapists and murderers.

so in that case, such treaties do not apply to Viet Minh and Osama bin Laden but it does to Adolf Hitler.

Who was Mick Collins?

Why do Americans idolize him?

Do you support his actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back