UN authoizes all measures including no fly zone on Libya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much depleted uranium is being sown in Libya. :(

They wouldn't? I don't know what else "US" would refer to.

Sorry, I haven't kept up with all the revisions to history.

I'm pretty sure they would understand my intention, seeing as how it would be an American History class that covered colonial through Civil War (American History I). They're smart kids! :)

Actually, Thomas Friedman pointed out that no two countries with a McDonalds have ever ever fought each other since getting their McDonalds. I think he called it the "Golden Arches of Diplomacy theory" or something like that.

Not sure if it's still the case, but... makes you wonder.

Maybe the average BMI of countries with Micky D's is too high to allow them to fight.... :dunno:

I'm pretty sure they would understand my intention, seeing as how it would be an American History class that covered colonial through Civil War (American History I). They're smart kids! :)
That's fine. As long as you are clear that the King Philips War had nothing to do with US war casualty counts, that it wasn't a US war, and that neither the US government nor US military had anything to do with it. The US gets blamed enough for things it actually did do. There's no need to blame the US for things that happened before it even existed. :)

That's fine. As long as you are clear that the King Philips War had nothing to do with US war casualty counts, that it wasn't a US war, and that neither the US government nor US military had anything to do with it. The US gets blamed enough for things it actually did do. There's no need to blame the US for things that happened before it even existed. :)

Blame? :shock: Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

ugh. UN. It's seems as though the UN is

a) pointless, or
b) used as a cover for certain countries to ally themselves against another

Why would Ghadafi listen to the UN? Since when do sovereign nations "listen" to a weak international police force?

I'm not saying the UN is all failure. But I really wish Obama would be honest about why we're there instead of just saying, "Oh, they violated a cease-fire..."

I guess he did say something about promoting peace.

HAH!

"The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." - Sen. Barack Obama December 20, 2007.

From Krazy Kucinich to even bring that point up against teh man child.

Where's the Congressional approval for the attack on Libya?

The U.N. is a definite failure. An abject failure, that is. Let's not mince words here.

*Kokonut leaves under the cover of darkness....whoooooosh!*

I don't think Congress has declared war since Korea.

(I could be wrong, but it's been a looooooooong time.)

The last time Congress declared war was WW II.

Gosh, you guys, officially declaring war on a country is sooooo archaic.

Get with the times! It's all about the U.N. now !:deal:

//sarcasm directed @ U.N.

Take a look at what social networking is doing to us. We're becoming like ants. It's hard to wage wars when there's hive mentality going on.

73409_456257968878_735193878_5334112_5380288_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back