Uhaul messed it up today!

Nesmuth

Reaction score
Whew what a day!

Last Feb I placed a reservation for a trailer for our food stand fundraiser tomorrow at the Tustin Chili Cookoff . They kept hanging up on the relay calls 4 times the 4th time they said "I have no idea what youre talking about" to the relay operator.

I faxed the conversation printout to the corporate office and they called back with a lot of apologies and a reservation number and said would have it fixed and I pick up the trailer today at 10 am.

10 am I showed up they had no trailer for me and they said there was no reservation by that number.

It took me until like 3:30 pm to get this straightened out with them. It was hot in the building it was hot outside. And my head was hot by the time they decided to let us rent the trailer. This snafus nearly crashed our fundraiser.

I told them I was getting a lawyer involved in getting them educated on accepting relay calls and this will mean a $4,000 easter egg next March.

Street2.jpg
Streetfairlogo.jpg

Yea I know how you feel when they hang up once you used the relay operator. I had that experience. I was working for rescue the pomeranian and I called the lady up to ask her few question about the rescue dog. She hang up on me and I send her email and explain to her about relay operator. She felt so bad and thought it was collection agency. Ha. I gave her the relay number in case she need to call me. :D

I am sorry that you have to go throu that. :hug:

YIKES! What an idiot U-haul is! Next time if happened to me, I will insult whoever in there, I hope you will have a deaf child and deal with it!!! I'm sorry things had screw up! It happened to me too. Somehow my friend worked for Uhaul and got trailer for me. He said shh don't worry! :giggle:

Personally we don't like renting from U-haul ever again! We go Penske from now on. Try that on next time. :thumbup:

I am not sure if Penske have trailer but I know trucks yes. Xsmall or Small to Xlarge.

Yeah thats why I never like to make any phone calls

Perhaps you're better off buying your own Trailer
either a brand new one or used one so that way
you can use it ANYTIME you want

Of course I am tempted to buy my own Trailer
rather than put up with UHaul hassle

NOTE: This chili event seem so much interesting and fun !
:D

U-haul usually fuck things up. last year i gave them 2 month reservation for a 14 footer truck with some deposit down. Then when i went in expecting a 14 footer, they told me that i wold have to go to another town to get it and said no and had all the paper work ready. so for a price of $19.99 they gave me a 26 footer (fun to drive but GAS is oh shit expesive).

Usually I wouldnt have problems with U-hauls i usually go to a "headquarter" place. Anyways Glad to say all ends well,eh.

Today was interesting they gave all the money I put up last Saturday back to me making the rental and the accessories free. I'll still talk to the attorney to see if this is a sufficient apology for the inconvenience.

Richard

mess up

if it ever happens to me.. i wld be pissed off and screamimg like a crazy Irish MOFO and get them get it all ready instead of not doing it.. it never happened to me and my ex in past but if it did, ofc my ex or me will give an temper and make them know that we mean it not lettin it go

Nesmuth said:
Today was interesting they gave all the money I put up last Saturday back to me making the rental and the accessories free. I'll still talk to the attorney to see if this is a sufficient apology for the inconvenience.

Richard

Well, imho, if they gave u the full refund. i would leave the whole thing alone. it's been fixed and all sorted out.

Nesmuth said:
Whew what a day!

Last Feb I placed a reservation for a trailer for our food stand fundraiser tomorrow at the Tustin Chili Cookoff . They kept hanging up on the relay calls 4 times the 4th time they said "I have no idea what youre talking about" to the relay operator.

I faxed the conversation printout to the corporate office and they called back with a lot of apologies and a reservation number and said would have it fixed and I pick up the trailer today at 10 am.

10 am I showed up they had no trailer for me and they said there was no reservation by that number.

It took me until like 3:30 pm to get this straightened out with them. It was hot in the building it was hot outside. And my head was hot by the time they decided to let us rent the trailer. This snafus nearly crashed our fundraiser.

I told them I was getting a lawyer involved in getting them educated on accepting relay calls and this will mean a $4,000 easter egg next March.

Street2.jpg
Streetfairlogo.jpg
HEY!

Why not get pods instead of uhaul. It might be light up and easier for you.

Bowak said:
Well, imho, if they gave u the full refund. i would leave the whole thing alone. it's been fixed and all sorted out.

You really think the whole inconvenience is worth $150 bucks?

We need deterrence. And 150 buckaroos means they get to do the same thing to other deafs again and again.

Richard

at least you got ur money back, consider it a free rental. Of course you can always write a letter to a headquarter or something and make sure none of those shit happens again.

Gotta bear in mind U-haul tend to fuck things up alot and sometimes if your lucky things can go un-fucked up. sometimes u gotta expect the unexpected.

Bowak said:
at least you got ur money back, consider it a free rental. Of course you can always write a letter to a headquarter or something and make sure none of those shit happens again.

I'll have the lawyer do that for me for the sake of proactive deterrence so it dont happen to other deafs. The game of advocacy is about making sure they remember not to do it again.

I'll patiently wait for my golden egg in March.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
I'll have the lawyer do that for me for the sake of proactive deterrence so it dont happen to other deafs. The game of advocacy is about making sure they remember not to do it again.

I'll patiently wait for my golden egg in March.

Richard

ok, whatever happens good luck. U-haul dont only do it with other deaf people, it happens to all people. Ive seen some hearing people walking out the building very angry. and hiring a lawyer and going thru those stuff in my opinion is a waste of time and money HOWEVER good luck man and let us know how it goes eh.

Back