Two NYC cops shot and killed in car; shooter killed self

Do you think Mayor De Blasio should resign?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No opinon

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Daniel Pantaleo's supervisor on the scene was a black female sergeant. She supports Daniel Pantaleo in solidarity.
she has to or she'll face something worse than officers turning back on her. her job.

He was killed for selling cigarettes. NYC needs to teach the laws and the rules to kids in schools with overworked moms and absent fathers who cannot man up.
when you say it like that.... you are basically supporting the notion that everyone is guilty until proven innocent. you have no problem with cops accosting people they feel is guilty of anything.

NYPD needs to learn how to work with the community. It goes both way. This police culture has gone unchecked for far too long. The reform is coming and that's why Mayor de Blasio won the election democratically by a sweeping landslide. One of his main campaign focuses was that he was aware of the fear and distrust deep within the communities that they have toward police.

No one in America should ever be afraid of police. and no bad cop in America should ever get away without impunity.

He aims to change that. "One city" that was his promise. The community and police in harmony with respect and cooperation. It worked well for Richmond - http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=121761 and it can work for NYC.

You wouldn't understand what families of the two officers killed by a thugs are going through.
I most certainly do. gunning down a cop is abhorrent. any violence toward a cop is abhorrent.

but do you understand what the community, Akai Gurley's family, and Eric Garner's family are going thru from bad cops not being held accountable?

blind patriotism. I don't do that.

Freedom_of_Speech_5_6_meta-235x300.jpg

she has to or she'll face something worse than officers turning back on her. her job.
Didn't she support his actions while he was doing them? She didn't stop him.

exactly!
Why was she the target of the ANC protestors? Because she is black and in their views, she is justified.

why are you making this a racist issue?

Didn't she support his actions while he was doing them? She didn't stop him.

we can only speculate. maybe the situation was moving too fast for her (Sergeant Kizzy Adoni) to process and her only and primary concern is to arrest Eric Garner - "arrest now, ask later". or maybe it would make her looks bad in front of several officers if she scorned the officer which would make it looks like she cares more about criminal than a fellow officer. or she didn't see it. who knows.

beside.... she got an immunity in exchange of her testimony to grand jury. Either way.... a superior is expected to manage and control officers under her command. Instead... she stood idly and did nothing while Officer Pantaleo used a chokehold (prohibited by NYPD) on Garner. that clearly shows a lack of leadership.

Daniel Pantaleo's supervisor on the scene was a black female sergeant. She supports Daniel Pantaleo in solidarity. He was killed for selling cigarettes. NYC needs to teach the laws and the rules to kids in schools with overworked moms and absent fathers who cannot man up.

You wouldn't understand what families of the two officers killed by a thugs are going through.

What I can't understand why was the suspect not locked up he been arrested 19 times . He should not been allowed on the streets in the first place. His mom said he tried to commit suicide last year , he was a walking time bomb that never should been on the streets.

From 13-year-old Jaden Ramos's Facebook post:

"Today I had to say bye to my father. He was their for me everyday of my life, he was the best father I could ask for. It's horrible that someone gets shot dead just for being a police officer. Everyone says they hate cops but they are the people that they call for help. I will always love you and I will never forget you. RIP Dad."

“We don’t blame him. We forgive him. The Ramos family forgives him because God forgave us,” he said. “And I know if Rafael was here and it was the opposite, he would say the same words — he forgave him.”

Family of officer killed urge peace

Their dad is described as a hard worker, an amazing father and husband and a man of faith.

He was raised by his grandmother on Essex Street in Brooklyn - in the same home where the vigil for friends and family was held on Sunday night. The grandmother was unable to attend because she was rushed to the hospital when she heard the news.

We did speak with other family members, including a cousin, Richard Rodriguez, who says Officer Ramos was his role model.

"He was an awesome person. I couldn't even describe him. I don't cry because every time I think about him he brings joy to my heart. He was an awesome guy. I keep using the word and I don't want to use it in the same conversation as him being God. But he has a heart like that. He would give up anything to help anybody. To love anybody. The job he did ... that's what he loved to do."

Dozens arrived at the vigil with flowers and candles to honor their loved one and fallen hero. They say Officer Ramos was always a good person, never in trouble and a proud, born-again Christian. He was heavily involved in his Catholic church and talked about his faith often.

His cousin, Ronnie Rodriguez said there's no doubt he's in heaven.

"My cousin had a couple of priorities in his life. One was God. He was a God-loving man and full-blown Christian. He loved his job. He loved his wife. He was a dedicated father. I wish I could be half the man my cousin was. Really. He was sweet. He didn't deserve like this to die. He just didn't."

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...eves-chooses-to-forgive-his-senseless-murder/

Outside both officers’ homes, their uniformed colleagues stood guard, mixing with the many mourners who came to pay their respects. But just three months ago, the scene outside Officer Liu’s home on West Sixth Street could not have been more different.

A wedding party spilled out of the officer’s small house in Gravesend, laughing and gathering in a yard the size of a cocktail napkin for photos. A limousine waited, headed to a reception at Super Lucky Seafood Restaurant on Eighth Avenue in Brooklyn, where all 30 tables were filled by some 300 guests.

“He had so many friends,” the manager said. “The place was packed.”

. . . Officer Liu, whose family comes from Taishan, in Guangdong Province, China, attended the College of Staten Island and Kingsborough Community College. He was an auxiliary officer before becoming a police officer in 2007.

Bin Fin Liang, 56, said Officer Liu would drop by his restaurant supply shop on the way home from the Police Academy. Mr. Liang asked him why he wanted to be an officer.

“I know that being a cop is dangerous but I must do it,” Officer Liu replied, his friend said. “If I don’t do it and you don’t do it, then who is going to do it?”

. . . Dr. Jonathan Chang, who treats Officer Liu’s parents, emerged from the house and said the officer’s widow was in bed, inconsolable. The parents had not eaten yet, he added, and it was already late in the afternoon. The officer’s father irons in a garment factory. “Completely distraught,” Dr. Chang, 55, said in Mandarin. They repeated, over and over, “My son is gone.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/22/nyregion/officers-deaths-acutely-felt-in-brooklyn.html?_r=0

The 32-year-old Liu, whose family emigrated from China when he was a teenager, had been a member of the police force for seven years, after serving previously in the police auxiliary.

He moved this year to a home in Brooklyn's Gravesend section and got married just two months ago.

Liu's parents, from the city of Toishan in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong, are still limited in their English. A police sergeant, James Ng, served as translator for them at Brooklyn's Woodhull Hospital, where Liu was taken after the shooting.

"His parents are understandably grief stricken over the loss of their only child," said Ng, who is president of the National Asian Peace Officers Association.

According to Ng, Liu was a valuable asset to the NYPD because he was conversant in several Chinese dialects and helped the department with community relations in heavily Chinese neighborhoods.

"A lot of Chinese families want their children to become doctors and lawyers," Ng said. "He came here and wanted to become a police officer."

Mayor Bill de Blasio said authorities were working on arrangements for other members of the Liu family to come from China to the United States for the funeral.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nyc-officers-killed-ambush-27775370

Outside both officers’ homes, their uniformed colleagues stood guard, mixing with the many mourners who came to pay their respects. But just three months ago, the scene outside Officer Liu’s home on West Sixth Street could not have been more different.

A wedding party spilled out of the officer’s small house in Gravesend, laughing and gathering in a yard the size of a cocktail napkin for photos. A limousine waited, headed to a reception at Super Lucky Seafood Restaurant on Eighth Avenue in Brooklyn, where all 30 tables were filled by some 300 guests.

“He had so many friends,” the manager said. “The place was packed.”

. . . Officer Liu, whose family comes from Taishan, in Guangdong Province, China, attended the College of Staten Island and Kingsborough Community College. He was an auxiliary officer before becoming a police officer in 2007.

Bin Fin Liang, 56, said Officer Liu would drop by his restaurant supply shop on the way home from the Police Academy. Mr. Liang asked him why he wanted to be an officer.

“I know that being a cop is dangerous but I must do it,” Officer Liu replied, his friend said. “If I don’t do it and you don’t do it, then who is going to do it?”

. . . Dr. Jonathan Chang, who treats Officer Liu’s parents, emerged from the house and said the officer’s widow was in bed, inconsolable. The parents had not eaten yet, he added, and it was already late in the afternoon. The officer’s father irons in a garment factory. “Completely distraught,” Dr. Chang, 55, said in Mandarin. They repeated, over and over, “My son is gone.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/22/nyregion/officers-deaths-acutely-felt-in-brooklyn.html?_r=0

:( How tragic and a senseless violent crime.

What are you doing if NYPD don't respect your constitutional rights to carry gun?

I hate police unions so I think all types of unions need to be go.

I remember the gun control debate going on in NY and several Police Union heads spoke out against the restrictions being imposed on gun owners.

I remember the gun control debate going on in NY and several Police Union heads spoke out against the restrictions being imposed on gun owners.

I find that hard to believe.

Apparently the shooter's girlfriend is likely to recover from her gunshot wounds (according to her grandfather).

Mates,,If i offended anyone in my past post about this thread.I apologize.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/12/22/e...group-role-rap-video-killing-police-officers/

The Obama administration’s Justice Department funneled at least $1.5 million in grants to a New York legal-aid group featured in a new rap video that depicts two young black men aiming handguns at a white police officer.

Some may find the lyrics eerily similar to the social media postings of the man accused of shooting and killing two New York City police officers execution-style in Brooklyn on Saturday.
The video for “Hands Up,” which also shows a white police officer gunning down a black motorist wearing a hoodie, contains lyrics suggesting revenge for much-publicized deaths of black men in confrontations with police.

I just heard on the news the shooter had a grudge against cops so like I said he mostly killed the cops for his own personal feelings . I think is very sad and upsetting that two cops were killed in cold blood .

Back