Twinkies is going out of business !

Status
Not open for further replies.
AT&T and MA bell never bankruptcy. Know why they break up? I remember why they broke up. Money was not an issue with them.

Hint: just like Rockefeller.
Hint #2: Name one of most loved board game.

How did this thread go from Twinkies to AT&T and MA bell?? Talk about going way off topic. I better not be told I am off topic again because this thread is waaay off topic.

Ask Jiro! He don't know the difference of going south and mergering. He used AT&T and Ma bell as example which is entirely irrelevant because AT&T was not in bankruptcy, they don't have money issue, actually the opposite. What broke AT&T and MA bell is what called MONOPOLY and it is illegal, so MCI won the lawsuit against AT&T and grabbed some of their business. MCI is now known as Verizon, Twinkies aren't monopoly their business so break up and merger won't happen.

I highly doubt that we will see Twinkies again and it will be only exist in memory and paper. My point still stands, no companies regardless of size is immune from going out of business.

How did this thread go from Twinkies to AT&T and MA bell?? Talk about going way off topic. I better not be told I am off topic again because this thread is waaay off topic.

Ask Jiro! He don't know the difference of going south and mergering. He used AT&T and Ma bell as example which is entirely irrelevant because AT&T was not in bankruptcy, they don't have money issue, actually the opposite. What broke AT&T and MA bell is what called MONOPOLY and it is illegal, so MCI won the lawsuit against AT&T and grabbed some of their business. MCI is now known as Verizon, Twinkies aren't monopoly their business so break up and merger won't happen.

I highly doubt that we will see Twinkies again and it will be only exist in memory and paper. My point still stands, no companies regardless of size is immune from going out of business.

My grandma worked at at&t so yes, at&t was only one telephone company in past.

Particularly when they refuse to adapt to the changing tastes of the consumers.

There are several small telephone companies in the past. They all were left dark and under huge AT&T shadows. MCI and Sprint was two of them that survived in the shadow of greedy monopolized AT&T and MCI decided to sue AT&T after the patent of telephone system becomes 75 years old I think, that is when AT&T was found guilty of Monopoly and the penalty was to sell off. AT&T, just like John Rockefeller that had his standard Oil companies broke off became more richer than ever.

My grandma worked at at&t so yes, at&t was only one telephone company in past.

There are several small telephone companies in the past. They all were left dark and under huge AT&T shadows. MCI and Sprint was two of them that survived in the shadow of greedy monopolized AT&T and MCI decided to sue AT&T after the patent of telephone system becomes 75 years old I think, that is when AT&T was found guilty of Monopoly and the penalty was to sell off. AT&T, just like John Rockefeller that had his standard Oil companies broke off became more richer than ever.

Yup, I remember about Standard Oil so it was in history book.

Do you remember about model 500 telephone that at&t came to home to install so there was no telephone socket until 1970's.
model-500-telephone.jpg

I used it with Western union Teletype machine known as TTY.

Yup, I remember about Standard Oil so it was in history book.

Do you remember about model 500 telephone that at&t came to home to install so there was no telephone socket until 1970's.
model-500-telephone.jpg

Bankruptcy gave preliminary OK to shut down the company, final decision will be made next week.

AT&T and MA bell never bankruptcy. Know why they break up? I remember why they broke up. Money was not an issue with them.

Hint: just like Rockefeller.
Hint #2: Name one of most loved board game.

1 word - monopoly.

Ask Jiro! He don't know the difference of going south and mergering.
excuse me? you missed the entire point and I see that you're very stubborn unless you see a movie about it or something. *smh*

He used AT&T and Ma bell as example which is entirely irrelevant because AT&T was not in bankruptcy, they don't have money issue, actually the opposite. What broke AT&T and MA bell is what called MONOPOLY and it is illegal, so MCI won the lawsuit against AT&T and grabbed some of their business. MCI is now known as Verizon, Twinkies aren't monopoly their business so break up and merger won't happen.

nope I didn't. this is the point I've been trying to make.

yea most "small" companies come and go but not big ones. they're too big to go otherwise it's big enough to cause a huge impact on our economy. a big lesson we learned from JP Morgan's fate.

Saw this elsewhere. Most likely distorted, but fun to see the reactions...

120i829.jpg

This thread has gotten huge, and I haven't kept with it, like at all. I wondered if this had been brought up....apparently not? Seems kind of strange to just blame the Union. They wanted to cut pay, and benefits, not just retirement but health benefits also meanwhile they're giving 100% plus bonuses while filing for bankruptcy?? And they didn't think the Unions would kick up a stink about it?? If you talking about cutting you workers wages and benefits don't be giving yourself pay increases. That's just stupid, not to mention mean. But I'm pretty sure it's pretty shady and had more to do with the bankruptcy proceedings to make it look like the company wasn't making as much. The whole bit about them trying to explain that the CEO's raises were preplanned and done to "align with industry standards" is a crock. 300% wage increases? Who does that shit?

snopes.com: Hostess Executive Raises

I was referring to CEOs in ambrosia's post.

Ok, I just need your opinion.

Who is responsible for bankrupt the Hostess, but some said unions, some said executives, some said bad management.

Ok, I just need your opinion.

Who is responsible for bankrupt the Hostess, but some said unions, some said executives, some said bad management.

everybody involved.

This thread has gotten huge, and I haven't kept with it, like at all. I wondered if this had been brought up....apparently not? Seems kind of strange to just blame the Union. They wanted to cut pay, and benefits, not just retirement but health benefits also meanwhile they're giving 100% plus bonuses while filing for bankruptcy?? And they didn't think the Unions would kick up a stink about it?? If you talking about cutting you workers wages and benefits don't be giving yourself pay increases. That's just stupid, not to mention mean. But I'm pretty sure it's pretty shady and had more to do with the bankruptcy proceedings to make it look like the company wasn't making as much. The whole bit about them trying to explain that the CEO's raises were preplanned and done to "align with industry standards" is a crock. 300% wage increases? Who does that shit?

snopes.com: Hostess Executive Raises

I assume the Conservatives have a response for this, but I cannot imagine it will make sense. Heaven help the wealthy, because the rest of us wouldn't know what to do with a 300% raise. Can you imagine going from $15 an hour to $45 an hour? Hallelujah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back