tv/dvd/vp

horselover61

Reaction score
Ok now, I am planning to buy a new tv next month. So I want to hook up my dvd player, vp and future ps2 into my tv. but only one component available on the tv. So how can I have it plug all into my new tv in the future. that way I dont have to unplug the vp then plug in the dvd player or ps2. What can I do to have it all plug in without have to unplug and plug. It is driving me nuts.

You can buy a switchbox from Radio Shack, Target, Best Buy, or Walmart.

It's a little device that had a bunch of input ports and one output port in the back. You plug in your DVD player to port 1, your Playstation 2 to port 2, and your video phone to port 3. On the front will have buttons for 1, 2, and 3. When you want to use the video phone, just press 3. If you want to play your games, press 2. The output port connects to your television.

These devices can range from $20 to $100 depending on how many devices it holds, what kind of device it is (simple or fancy), and the quality of the device (analog or digital).

What kind of TV?

If, you plan to buy cheapest TV. They do not have many plugs.

Ok now, I am planning to buy a new tv next month. So I want to hook up my dvd player, vp and future ps2 into my tv. but only one component available on the tv. So how can I have it plug all into my new tv in the future. that way I dont have to unplug the vp then plug in the dvd player or ps2. What can I do to have it all plug in without have to unplug and plug. It is driving me nuts.

Why you need dvd player? You can use PS2 as dvd player. Did you know that?

Most of the TV now have 3 or 4 types of input. The most common are composite video, component video and HDMI and sometime have S-video.
So for your VP that have composite video (which that have RCA jacks with color of yellow, white and red), you can plug that directly to it. And as far as for DVD player, you can use component video (which that have RCA jacks with color of red, green and blue or Y -Pb -Pr, and red and white for audio) or if your DVD player have HDMI, then you can use that, and for PS2, it depend on what type of connectors you get, if you get composite, then you can plug that to the side of the TV. So, it pretty much cover everything what you need. Just use the TV remote and change the input type.

Back