Tsarnaev Brothers - Investigation

He wasn't a citizen of the U.S., so he has no right to be buried here. His organization is trying to raise up to $5,000 to have his body shipped overseas.

Link, please?

Non-US citizens can buried on US soil.

He wasn't a citizen of the U.S., so he has no right to be buried here. His organization is trying to raise up to $5,000 to have his body shipped overseas.

many deceased people in American burial sites were not American citizen anyway.

A person doesn't need to be a citizen to be buried in America.

A lot of cemeteries now don't even allow tombstones. They use flat bronze markers instead. It makes upkeep of the grounds easier and cheaper. Engraving names on them is not required. Cemeteries keep track of who's buried where by grid charts.

I am going to be cremated, I thinking being buried is a wasted of good land. I hope my daughter will not have a hard time having this done with us being Jewish.

What are you taking about , we had immigrants come to our country and they became citizens and they can be buried here. . I wonder how many people on this forum has parents , grandparents or great-grandparents that are or was immigrants that are buried here, I do. It has cost taxpayers over $30,000 to have the polices protect the funeral home that body is at. The body need to be buried somewhere as we should be NOT be spending $$$ to protect it and the funeral home! Great , I just saw the post that body been buried in an unknow place, just what I thought was going to happen after watching the news yesterday. I am not sure why getting a passport for the body would had been a problem. Does anyone know the answer , it was the post with link saying he been buried.

F.B.I. Did Not Tell Police in Boston of Russian Tip
WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. did not tell the Boston police about the 2011 warning from Russia about Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of the two brothers accused in the Boston Marathon bombings, the city’s police chief said Thursday during the first public Congressional hearing on the terrorist attack.

Boston’s police commissioner, Edward Davis, said that though some of his officers worked with the F.B.I. on a Joint Terrorism Task Force, they did not know about the Russian tip or the bureau’s subsequent inquiry, which involved an interview with Mr. Tsarnaev and his parents.

Had his department learned about the tip, in which Russian officials said that Mr. Tsarnaev had embraced radical Islam and intended to travel to Russia to connect with underground groups, “we would certainly look at the individual,” Commissioner Davis told the House Homeland Security Committee. He noted that F.B.I. officers found no evidence of a crime and closed the case. He said that he could not say whether he would have reached a different conclusion, but that his officers would “absolutely” have taken a second look at Mr. Tsarnaev.

Commissioner Davis said he recognized the sensitivity of intelligence received from other countries. “But when information is out there that affects the safety of my community, I need to know that,” he said.

In a statement later on Thursday, the F.B.I. said that the squad that carried out the assessment of Mr. Tsarnaev in 2011 included some Boston Police Department officers, and it suggested that they could easily have read the information collected about him in a database that every member of the Joint Terrorism Task Force has access to. But the statement also noted that the Boston task force conducted about 1,000 assessments in 2011, a workload that made it unlikely that each assessment could get close attention from every task force member. Also, Mr. Tsarnaev lived in Cambridge, not Boston.

The committee’s chairman, Representative Michael McCaul, a Texas Republican who is a former federal counterterrorism prosecutor, said he was concerned that a decision not to share information among agencies — widely blamed for the failure to prevent the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks — might have been a factor in the Boston bombings.

“We learned over a decade ago the danger in failing to connect the dots,” Mr. McCaul said. “My fear is that the Boston bombers may have succeeded because our system failed. We can and we must do better.”

Mr. McCaul said he also had concerns that the “emerging narrative” about the Boston plot “downplays the spread of the global jihadist movement.”

“From the attack at Fort Hood to the tragedy at Benghazi, the Boston bombings are our most recent reminder that we must call terrorism really for what it is in order to confront it,” Mr. McCaul said. “You cannot defeat an enemy you refuse to acknowledge.”

Some Republicans have accused the Obama administration of playing down the threat from radical Islam and of exaggerating the administration’s success in reducing the threat from Al Qaeda. On Wednesday, at a politically charged hearing that lasted for almost six hours, Republicans accused the administration of initially trying to cover up the true nature of the attack last September on the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.

The F.B.I.’s investigation of the Boston attack is continuing, but officials have said that so far the evidence suggests that Mr. Tsarnaev, 26, who was killed in a shootout after the bombings, and his younger brother, Dzhokhar, 19, who awaits trial on terrorism charges, were radicalized in the United States and got their instructions in bomb making from the Internet.

But agents are currently in Dagestan, a turbulent area of southern Russia where Tamerlan Tsarnaev spent six months last year. The agents are looking into reports that Mr. Tsarnaev was trying to connect with Islamist militants who have carried out a campaign of terrorism against Russian forces.

that pretty much confirms Lau's post about Homeland Security not sharing info.

I am going to be cremated, I thinking being buried is a wasted of good land. I hope my daughter will not have a hard time having this done with us being Jewish.

Actually, I don't think cremation is a bad thing. Humans have always put too much of a premium on death. We might like to think we are special, but we are not.

We are all part of this universe..

Actually, I don't think cremation is a bad thing. Humans have always put too much of a premium on death. We might like to think we are special, but we are not.

it isn't to me either but.... religion's a religion. oh well.

We're going to turn to dust if we're buried so being cremated is just a quicker way to do it.

so how about LA Bank Robbers or Dorner? they're just "robbers" and "shooters" while Tsarnaev Brothers are terrorists simply because they used bombs instead of guns?

and he has not been classified as enemy combatant by the POTUS.

Terrorist don't do it for money. I would stipulate Dorner, but his issue was personal regardless of his statements.

Edit: As for POTUS, he's already stated his political reasons, which I agree, we need information more than dead bodies.

Terrorist don't do it for money. I would stipulate Dorner, but his issue was personal regardless of his statements.

Edit: As for POTUS, he's already stated his political reasons, which I agree, we need information more than dead bodies.

terrorists do it for money, religion, politic, etc.

A terrorist who blows himself up isn't exactly profitable in the monetary sense like a bank robber.

It's much more an ideology crime.

try Middle East. suicide bombers aka terrorists get paid to blow themselves up... and the money, of course, goes to their families. nothing ideological about it. just purely money.

and a "terrorist" is not always a suicide bomber. Tim McVeigh was a terrorist. Ted Kaczynski is a terrorist. Omar Abdel-Rahman is a terrorist. Eric Rudolph is a terrorist. Abu Sayyaf is a terrorist. Charles Taylor is a terrorist.

try Middle East. suicide bombers aka terrorists get paid to blow themselves up... and the money, of course, goes to their families. nothing ideological about it. just purely money.

I knew you would bring this up, and it's not without merit, but the fact is it is just a rational excuse to continue Jihad. It's there to ensure an outcome, not to en-wealth a family. In fact, it was Saddam Hussein who paid that money to Palestinians who's bombers were from Hamas, after the fact, I might add.

I'd like to see the numbers Al-Qaeda paid to families.

I knew you would bring this up, and it's not without merit, but the fact is it is just a rational excuse to continue Jihad. It's there to ensure an outcome, not to en-wealth a family.
en-wealth a family? lol what? I have absolutely no idea what you've just said in that whole paragraph.

In fact, it was Saddam Hussein who paid that money to Palestinians who's bombers were from Hamas, after the fact, I might add.

I'd like to see the numbers Al-Qaeda paid to families.
there you go. Saddam Hussein. Osama bin Laden. Abu Sayyaf. Charles Taylor.

you know what's it called? "for-profit terrorism."

Back