Tsarnaev Brothers - Investigation

Source: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev arrived at hospital 'covered in blood' - CNN.com
(CNN) -- Alleged Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was semi-conscious, wrapped in field gauze and "covered in blood" when he arrived late Friday at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, according to a detailed first-hand account from a senior employee at the hospital.

The source said Tsarnaev appeared to have lost a great deal of blood and was making no sound until he reached the Red Zone Trauma Area, where he began to moan in considerable pain.

He didn't seem to utter any words, the source said.

Approximately 8-10 medical staff were working on him and there were at least two thoracic surgeons present as well as other surgeons. His condition was stabilized very quickly, said the source.

The FBI was inside the trauma room during the stabilization and several other law enforcement agencies were outside the room, including the FBI, Boston police and Beth Israel police, according to the source.

Reconstructing the trail of his deleted Instagram account

Other patients were also in the trauma area, separated by curtains, but there were no bombing victims there, the source said.

Tsarnaev was taken to X-ray, had a CT scan and was then taken to the operating room. FBI agents stayed nearby during surgery, the source said.

Within a matter of hours he was moved to an ICU unit on the upper floors of the hospital. There were no other patients in that secure unit for the duration of the time that he was there and Tsarnaev recovered very quickly, the source said.

"He was in much better shape than most people thought," the source said, but had serious wounds to his throat and leg.

He has since been transferred with the help of U.S. Marshals to Federal Medical Center, Devens -- a federal prison specializing in long-term medical care, about 40 miles west of Boston.

At Devens, he is locked inside a 10-by-10-foot cell with a steel door, a slot for food and an observation window, a prison spokesman said Sunday.

Tsarnaev is now able to speak and has been interacting with medical staff, spokesman John Colautti said.

After disasters, hospitals pay it forward

3 more suspects in custody bombings

(CNN) -- Three additional suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing have been taken into custody, Boston police said Wednesday.
A Department of Homeland security source with first-hand knowledge of the investigation, said two of them are students from New Bedford, Massachusetts. They have been arrested on charges of making false statements to investigators and conspiracy to obstruct justice.
A third student had been arrested who is a U.S. citizen, the source said.
Boston police added via Twitter, "Please be advised there is no threat to the public."
Federal agents already have accused two brothers, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, of carrying out the attack. Tamerlan died after a shootout with police, and Dzhokhar is in custody.
The news follows more than two weeks of frantic investigation after the April 15 attack. Two bombs exploded in the crowd gathered near the finish line of the marathon, killing three people and wounding more than 260.

3 more detained in Boston attack - CNN.com

I guess the Boston people saw it as a song of support for Boston, which is home of the Red Sox.

It is a big Red Sox tradition, I even have "Sweet Caroline" t-shirts. It is fairly new. It became even bigger when Dennis Leary sang it with BPD & BFD reps when Boston held the NHL Winter Classic a few years ago. San Francisco has a similar tradition with "Don't Stop Believin"

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=EB4xY_CoeDA[/ame]

one of suspect that had a vista to be here as student went back to his country then came back here should not had be allowed back into USA as he no longer had any reason to be here. Something is very wrong with our security if people that no rights to be here can get in so easy.

There is NO WAY, these guys are going to get only 5 to 8 years.

CNN said they'll be in court 3:30 PM at is in Boston so we should find out more after the court hearing. I was wondering when more arrests would be made. One guy is an engineer and the cops and FBI wanted to know if the two brothers had any help making the bombs worked so well. That does not look good for one the 3 suspects.

g-cvr-130501-Azamat-dias-dzhokhar-302p.photoblog600.jpg

Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's college friends, who are from Kazakhstan, had been detained April 20 on immigration charges. Philipos was taken into custody later.

CNN said they'll be in court 3:30 PM at is in Boston so we should find out more after the court hearing. I was wondering when more arrests would be made. One guy is an engineer and the cops and FBI wanted to know if the two brothers had any help making the bombs worked so well. That does not look good for one the 3 suspects.

That is possible. My first thought is that they just received evidence from a friend and didn't want to hold it so they chucked and lied to avoid involvement. However, there are other friends at that school who have not been arrested so you could be right, there may be other charges.

I still think the link goes back to Russia. I still think the Cambridge mosque is in on it, if not the Misha guy as well.

Opinion: Why FBI and CIA didn't connect the dots - CNN.com
(CNN) -- The FBI and the CIA are being criticized for not keeping better track of Tamerlan Tsarnaev in the months before the Boston Marathon bombings. How could they have ignored such a dangerous person? How do we reform the intelligence community to ensure this kind of failure doesn't happen again?

It's an old song by now, one we heard after the 9/11 attacks in 2001 and after the Underwear Bomber's failed attack in 2009. The problem is that connecting the dots is a bad metaphor, and focusing on it makes us more likely to implement useless reforms.

Connecting the dots in a coloring book is easy and fun. They're right there on the page, and they're all numbered. All you have to do is move your pencil from one dot to the next, and when you're done, you've drawn a sailboat. Or a tiger. It's so simple that 5-year-olds can do it.

But in real life, the dots can only be numbered after the fact. With the benefit of hindsight, it's easy to draw lines from a Russian request for information to a foreign visit to some other piece of information that might have been collected.

Opinion: Agencies often miss warning signs of attacks

In hindsight, we know who the bad guys are. Before the fact, there are an enormous number of potential bad guys.

How many? We don't know. But we know that the no-fly list had 21,000 people on it last year. The Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment, also known as the watch list, has 700,000 names on it.

We have no idea how many potential "dots" the FBI, CIA, NSA and other agencies collect, but it's easily in the millions. It's easy to work backwards through the data and see all the obvious warning signs. But before a terrorist attack, when there are millions of dots -- some important but the vast majority unimportant -- uncovering plots is a lot harder.

Rather than thinking of intelligence as a simple connect-the-dots picture, think of it as a million unnumbered pictures superimposed on top of each other. Or a random-dot stereogram. Is it a sailboat, a puppy, two guys with pressure-cooker bombs or just an unintelligible mess of dots? You try to figure it out.

It's not a matter of not enough data, either.

Piling more data onto the mix makes it harder, not easier. The best way to think of it is a needle-in-a-haystack problem; the last thing you want to do is increase the amount of hay you have to search through.

The television show "Person of Interest" is fiction, not fact.

There's a name for this sort of logical fallacy: hindsight bias.

First explained by psychologists Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky, it's surprisingly common. Since what actually happened is so obvious once it happens, we overestimate how obvious it was before it happened.

We actually misremember what we once thought, believing that we knew all along that what happened would happen. It's a surprisingly strong tendency, one that has been observed in countless laboratory experiments and real-world examples of behavior. And it's what all the post-Boston-Marathon bombing dot-connectors are doing.

Before we start blaming agencies for failing to stop the Boston bombers, and before we push "intelligence reforms" that will shred civil liberties without making us any safer, we need to stop seeing the past as a bunch of obvious dots that need connecting.

Kahneman, a Nobel prize winner, wisely noted: "Actions that seemed prudent in foresight can look irresponsibly negligent in hindsight." Kahneman calls it "the illusion of understanding," explaining that the past is only so understandable because we have cast it as simple inevitable stories and leave out the rest.

Nassim Taleb, an expert on risk engineering, calls this tendency the "narrative fallacy." We humans are natural storytellers, and the world of stories is much more tidy, predictable and coherent than the real world.

Millions of people behave strangely enough to warrant the FBI's notice, and almost all of them are harmless. It is simply not possible to find every plot beforehand, especially when the perpetrators act alone and on impulse.

We have to accept that there always will be a risk of terrorism, and that when the occasional plot succeeds, it's not necessarily because our law enforcement systems have failed.

That is possible. My first thought is that they just received evidence from a friend and didn't want to hold it so they chucked and lied to avoid involvement. However, there are other friends at that school who have not been arrested so you could be right, there may be other charges.

I still think the link goes back to Russia. I still think the Cambridge mosque is in on it, if not the Misha guy as well.

The dead brother wife is someone to keep an eye on. She has to know something about the bombing.

Times Square? I say good luck. The security is fairly heavy there. I just passed thru it an hour ago. and plus Grand Central Station and Port Authority - which is where they will have to go thru from Boston if they take either train or bus. in those places - we have bunch of EOD, police checkpoints, bomb sniffing dogs, and National Guards.

and plus.... watch out for an ever-vigilant street vendor! :lol:

Same about in D.C. at Union Station Amtrak a few days ago. Saw sniffing dogs there.

one of suspect that had a vista to be here as student went back to his country then came back here should not had be allowed back into USA as he no longer had any reason to be here. Something is very wrong with our security if people that no rights to be here can get in so easy.

It's because our administration is so lax on illegals that they're easily able to get into the country now. Illegals can get a U.S. Passport for their child, welfare, a driver's license, go to college for free in some states and get free medical care that most of our citizens can't get, etc. Being an illegal is better than having been born here. Our poor can just rot for all anyone cares. An illegal gets treated much better. One thing for certain, we won't see the next attack when it comes and it'll be far worse...and I'll bet nothing changes to make it harder for extremists to come here even after that....

She could have. She is white and CONVERTED to Islam when she first met Tamarlan in a bar.
They met in a bar? That's ironic; good Muslim men aren't supposed to be in bars picking up women.

Then again, the 9/11 terrorists spent their last hours on earth in strip joints.

It's because our administration is so lax on illegals that they're easily able to get into the country now. Illegals can get a U.S. Passport for their child, welfare, a driver's license, go to college for free in some states and get free medical care that most of our citizens can't get, etc. Being an illegal is better than having been born here. Our poor can just rot for all anyone cares. An illegal gets treated much better. One thing for certain, we won't see the next attack when it comes and it'll be far worse...and I'll bet nothing changes to make it harder for extremists to come here even after that....

I heard that there are ways to checks on illegals but there is a lack of funding to do it. I agree our poor are not being taken care of , and it's going to get worst for them. I would careful if I was you about what you post and attacks, it could be taken the wrong way.

One deaf guy who moved here from Poland told me that he got SSI just like that. He didn't even look for a job. He also said that's why many deaf foreigners (especially Europeans) like America. I can't forget about it.

I took these pix in Boston this morning -

577550_10102571662614389_1788201955_n.jpg

390730_10102571664176259_2106383537_n.jpg

Back