Trump: Obama Must Release Birth Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Trump finally finds his official birth certificate

6a00d8341c630a53ef0147e3924cd1970b-600wi

Donald Trump really is an American citizen, documents released Tuesday finally verify. While bloviating at length about the validity of President Obama's birth certificate on a variety of talk shows through most of March, the billionaire real estate developer released what he thought was his own proof of citizenship on Monday, only to discover that he was wrong.

Indeed, the document Trump handed over to a conservative website Monday turned out to be a "certificate of birth" and not an official birth certificate. After cries of hypocrisy rang through the blogosphere and commenters pointed out all the reasons why what he produced wasn't what he proclaimed it was, on Tuesday Trump's team got their hands on his actual birth certificate.

"A 'birth certificate' and a 'certificate of live birth' are in no way the same thing, even though in some cases they use some of the same words," Thuy Colayco, from Trump's staff, wrote to ABC News. "One officially confirms and records a newborn child’s identity and details of his or her birth, while the other only confirms that someone reported the birth of a child. Also, a 'certificate of live birth' is very easy to get because the standards are much lower, while a 'birth certificate' is only gotten through a long and detailed process wherein identity must be proved beyond any doubt."

Colayco went on to explain that a certificate of live birth would not be accepted to obtain a passport or a driver's license, whereas a birth certificate could.

Although some Republicans, like Trump, are questioning the validity of Obama's birth certificate, one conservative who is likely to run for president in 2012 is making it clear that he is not a birther.

"I, for one, do not believe that we should be raising that issue," former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said Tuesday of the president's birth certificate on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "I think President Obama was born in the United States."

Donald Trump finally finds his official birth certificate | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Wouldn't you have to have a certificate of a live birth in order to get an official birth certificate? From what I've read, the certificate of a live birth is the first certificate a baby gets once it's born.

Yeah, that's what my son has. My original one is different than my current one. (Oh! *gasp* Illegit child! *scandal*)

Wouldn't you have to have a certificate of a live birth in order to get an official birth certificate? From what I've read, the certificate of a live birth is the first certificate a baby gets once it's born.

Hence why Obama has nothing to hide.

I have no such "certificates" from when my kids were born. The hospital gave me nothing to prove their birth and I got the Official Certified copies of Birth Certificates when they were 1 & 2 after we moved to Missouri.

I have no such "certificates" from when my kids were born. The hospital gave me nothing to prove their birth and I got the Official Certified copies of Birth Certificates when they were 1 & 2 after we moved to Missouri.

How were you able to prove that they were born in the USA if you didn't register them when they were first born?

:jaw:

How were you able to prove that they were born in the USA if you didn't register them when they were first born?

I did all the paperwork the hospital gave me to complete. I had the copies of registering them for their social security cards, but got nothing else. When I sent in my application to the State of Florida after we moved, they only asked for names of parents and mother's parents, date of birth, time if I had it, sex and name of child. About 6 weeks later, I had the certificates.

I did all the paperwork the hospital gave me to complete. I had the copies of registering them for their social security cards, but got nothing else. When I sent in my application to the State of Florida after we moved, they only asked for names of parents and mother's parents, date of birth, time if I had it, sex and name of child. About 6 weeks later, I had the certificates.

I've read about people who weren't registered, and they had to go through a lot of red tapes to get a driver's license, passport, etc.

So, it's likely the hospital already had certificates issued but kept them filed. The parents are the one who have to register with the state for the official birth certificates though.

So you and others allege.

Right. He already showed it prior to getting elected. So I'm not sure what the problem here is. A long-form birth certificate wouldn't make a difference since that would be what they require in order to issue an official birth certificate.

Hawaii officials already mentioned that they have the original birth certificate in their files.

I've read about people who weren't registered, and they had to go through a lot of red tapes to get a driver's license, passport, etc.

So, it's likely the hospital already had certificates issued but kept them filed. The parents are the one who have to register with the state for the official birth certificates though.

Yes, we were told at the hospital that we would have to wait 6 months before we could apply for the birth certificate. By the time that came around with the first, I was stupidly preggy again. When he was 6 months, we were packing to move out of state. Ah well, at least I have their birth certificates now.

*If* he is hiding anything, maybe he doesn't want it to be known that his parents weren't married. That's the only thing I can think of. In all likelihood, that's out of respect for his deceased mother.

but who cares?!

As far as Obama, I personally feel that proof should have been made available before any politician takes any public office.

Yes, we were told at the hospital that we would have to wait 6 months before we could apply for the birth certificate. By the time that came around with the first, I was stupidly preggy again. When he was 6 months, we were packing to move out of state. Ah well, at least I have their birth certificates now.
Six months?! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back