Tornado hits Jacksonville, IL

AquaMaiden

Reaction score
I'm kinda in shock and surprised that a tornado actucally did hit Jacksonville, home of Illinois School for the Deaf - Jacksonville was my 2nd hometown....
Don't know about I.S.D. being damaged since the F-2 tornado damaged one of the best tree on campus

Hope Jacksonville can recover quick from this nightmare storm soon.

Jacksonville storm

Read the news online and turns out that I.S.D. suffered some structural damages and in total, Jacksonville estimates up to 3 millions in damages. Ouch!

Last edited:
I saw the weather report channel.. It's more than several in the area!! I have never seen so many tornadoes hitting that area!

There was a lot of tornados lately during the weekend! :eek:

I missed that .. I was working all day this weekend and I had no clue that a Tornado went through ILL.. I Am wondering any People got hurt during the time the tornado went through?

I am in St Louis area and had tornado near here - one near in CC (half hour away from my home) and other one in Jacksonville, IL, just a one hour away from my home, too. I know I will be fine because my area here is hills but not how much will be damaged. I saw all of those trees break down and fall over the street.. that is why I have move my car away from that big tree! :lol: not lot of damaged, just torn down and break down. :)

Yeah, i had a real quick glimpse on TV news
reporting there were over 100 tornadoes for
the same month ( sorry i cannot remember
if they meant over 100 tornadoes for one day
or one month anyway)

Back